Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quote from Friday's Cannizzaro NY Post column

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think you are all blowing Moore's words out of proportion. I think when the new kid comes in under center all the veterans on the field feel protective and get an adrenaline surge. Then if the kids plays well for a series or two they all feel like they've upped their game and the surge is maintained. At least that's my take.

I don't think they do less for Mark or Tim, I just think they are able to perform at a higher level for Greg at this point.

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Have you ever worked for somebody who was incompetent? How hard do you work for somebody you don't believe in? If you know your leader is going to let you down eventually how hard are you going work for them? This is the situation Mark Sanchez is in right now. His teammates don't believe in him no matter what they say. Once you reach this point you are finished as a leader. If you are in charge you absolutely must not let your people down. MUST NOT let your people down... EVER.
    You are such a tool.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    You are such a tool.
    Wow that's a great response mr. moderator, did you actually have to think about that or did you just choose it randomly from your bag of clueless insults?

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Wow that's a great response mr. moderator, did you actually have to think about that or did you just choose it randomly from your bag of clueless insults?
    Shut up, billygoat. You have no game. I was calling out morons like you before they made me a moderator.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are such a tool.
    Shut up, billygoat. You have no game. I was calling out morons like you before they made me a moderator.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please tell me who the "they" are so "they" can receive a *****slap for "their" decision to hang a moderator tag on YOU.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't take what Brandon Moore says too seriously...

He's just butt-hurt.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    It is called human nature. Guys don't give 100% all the time. Bulletin board material DOES work. When Rex opens his fat mouth is DOES but a target on the team.

There are probably a number of guys on the team that resent Sanchez' play and it does take its toll when a guy keeps turning the ball over.
    Would slightly disagree. It definitely is human nature, but I think that most players believe they are giving 100% for Sanchez. That said, when McElroy came in, they stepped it up and gave 110 - 120%.