Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lions are dysfunctional, too!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by j3ts83 View Post
    I'm not arguing that the team doesn't have problems, i'm just saying I would love to be in the Lions situation going forward and I'll bet you 98% of this board would too, excluding rahrah
    ok, that's fair.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Our Situation is better than the Lions? They have Stafford and Megaton... Are you being serious?
    And their still 4-8..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    can you imagine if the Jets had Stafford and Megatron and had just 4 wins at this point? I think people would be flipping out even more than they are now.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats.

You now use the Detroit Lions as your measuring stick.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, thank god! I thought we were the only horribly disfunctional team in the NFL but now I feel so much better knowing we're not alone. Let's give Tanny Rex and Sanchez extentions now that we know we're not alone!

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Congrats.

Yep, if you are comparing your team to the Lions, you know you are in trouble!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    jeez guys. it was one of those "just saying" things. not measuring the jets against the Lions, not saying everyone needs contract extensions. just trying to ... ah, forget it. some of you obviously enjoy being miserable and refuse to even try to feel better about things. good luck with that.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    don't tell the SOJF there's another circus act in this league, they wear their 'team is a laughing stock' card proudly.

It's unfathomable that other teams have struggles... only the Jets. Everyone else is winning Superbowls.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Our Situation is better than the Lions? They have Stafford and Megaton... Are you being serious?
    Yup. At least they have weapons on offense and an equally if not better DL. They are just having a bad year. We suck!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    jeez guys. it was one of those "just saying" things. not measuring the jets against the Lions, not saying everyone needs contract extensions. just trying to ... ah, forget it. some of you obviously enjoy being miserable and refuse to even try to feel better about things. good luck with that.
    Their QB situation is better, but I agree with you, their team and organization situation is flat out miserable and always has been. Stafford has had one great season and a bunch of mediocre ones. Johnson is on the books for an unfathomable amount of money even though he is a great player. Suh can't stop committing dirty plays. They have no coach. Their GM is only viewed as good because he isn't Matt Millen, that is his sole qualification.

The Lions are a disaster. Unfortunately that doesn't make me feel better about the Jets going forward

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another funny thing about this thread is if PatsFanTX were a Packers fan, he'd be on the Lions board trolling their team and talking about how they are the most awful and disastrous franchise and organization of all-time. He'd be calling Stafford a huge bust with no playoff victories. If someone on the Lions board brought up the Jets, he'd say it is laughable to even compare the Lions to the Jets given the Jets recent playoff success.

He is the worst type of troll, but we already knew this....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Lions have better personnel than the Jets but a tougher division.
    Schwartz is the biggest jerks in the NFL. He encouraged his team to be undisciplined punks and he got the result one would expect.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    LMAO!! Mega-TON??

I guess that's what Calvin would be after his playing-days are over.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is b.c Schwartz is as big an eejit as Rex is.

It all starts with the coach.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats.

+1 million.

We (and when I say "we" I mean some posters) are always comparing the Jets and using teams that are the skid marks of the NFL.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Their QB situation is better, but I agree with you, their team and organization situation is flat out miserable and always has been. Stafford has had one great season and a bunch of mediocre ones. Johnson is on the books for an unfathomable amount of money even though he is a great player. Suh can't stop committing dirty plays. They have no coach. Their GM is only viewed as good because he isn't Matt Millen, that is his sole qualification.

The Lions are a disaster. Unfortunately that doesn't make me feel better about the Jets going forward
    Wow, that's a harsh assessment. Megatron is on a 8/132 deal with 60M guaranteed, which is pretty absurd, but for the hands-down best receiver in the league who literally changes the game, they pretty much had no choice. I'd much rather have Calvin at that price than Revis at the 80% of that he's going to want.

They just need to fire Schwartz and bring in someone who actually preaches discipline on the field and doesn't make mental mistakes, and they have something to build on for 10+ years. I'm not sure what the Jets have to build on right now.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    So this is supposed to make us feel better about our franchise? We suck from top to bottom, I could give a #$% who else sucks along with us.
    THIS... I don't get all the "But they suck too..." threads. Who gives a f*ck what other teams suck?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    If we had Megatron, we'd have at least one more win. If we had both Megatron and Stafford, we'd ha e at least three more.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    You'd rather take Sanchez and Holmes over Stafford and Megatron?
    Fundamentally, the odds on the QB's are even. Megatron makes Stafford a credible QB. Stafford tends to be erratic with his accuracy and nervous in the pocket.

Not to mention that Stafford's odds of missing large parts of seasons as his injury history has already shown.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats.

At least they stay in their own professional universe: The Pats seemed to have used the CIA and the NSA as their measuring stick for awhile.