Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Link to a great article demonstrating Mark Sanchez's failures as a QB

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    It was a Go route. In the nfl, a half step on a go route means that the wr is open. Lay the ball out there and let your receiver run to it.
    Not to Sanchez fans. If there's a defender within 10 yards of the receiver, he's shutdown and there's no way ANY QB can thread that needle.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Not to Sanchez fans. If there's a defender within 10 yards of the receiver, he's shutdown and there's no way ANY QB can thread that needle.
    Are there still any Sanchez supporters at JI??

I don't see every poster's efforts as I have a total of two on ignore..but I really don't see anyone here still doggedly and blindly defending Sanchez and blaming the current situation on things like the other offensive players, Rex and the other coaches or the defense

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Are there still any Sanchez supporters at JI??

I don't see every poster's efforts as I have a total of two on ignore..but I really don't see anyone here still doggedly and blindly defending Sanchez and blaming the current situation on things like the other offensive players, Rex and the other coaches or the defense

You were one of the last few before you woke the **** up, lol. The others seemed to have scattered from the light like ****ing vampires.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    You were one of the last few before you woke the **** up, lol. The others seemed to have scattered from the light like ****ing vampires.
    So there aren't any posters still deluded and blaming everything including sunspots for Sanchez' crapping the bed

Reality has emerged victorious then

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Steve Young does a weekly spot on ESPN that is a very valuable listen. He's always asked about the Jets and he's always had a consistent comment about Mark Sanchez.

His callout is that offense is all about finesse, timing, and a very detailed approach to going about moving the ball. That a good offense requires years of familiarity, and one on one comfortability in order to be successful.

Steve Young feels that Rex Ryan is taking a defensive approach to offense. Putting in a bunch of square pegs in round holes, and patching something together thinking that it will work. His point of view is that it can't work because the defense is more like bowling and an offense is more like ballet. Any guy with a strong motor can barrel down a bunch of pins and make a play. But you can't get someone like that and plug them into the ballet and believe they can dance beautifully. He feels no young quarterback could make it with this approach and until the approach changes nothing is going to change.

SAR I
    with all do respect to Mr. Young. poppy-cock!! The route trees for these guys have been the same since high school. The QB know the routes. Sure a QB has a "better" feel for his receivers after years together, but that has zero to do with Sanchez's inability to see the "developing" play rather than the static picture of what is in from of him. Why is Sanchez the only QB to have this problem. Freakn' Steve Tannehill, Andre Luck, and Russell Wilson don't have it, Chad Pennington didn't have it, for Christ's sake even McElroy (who is a scrub) was more productive than Sanchez.

Wake up Sar! as much as you (and even I) would want Sanchez to improve to the point of being a competent QB, it just ain't gonna happen.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    So there aren't any posters still deluded and blaming everything including sunspots for Sanchez' crapping the bed

Reality has emerged victorious then

Feels just like sex, don't it?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The following are his per game averages from the 5 wins compared to the 7 losses:

13.4/26.2 51.1% 163 yds 1.4 td 1 int 0.4 fumbles
    19.6/34.3 57.1% 232 yds 0.7 td 1 int 0.7 fumbles

Funny, it's hard to discern the winning stat line from the losing stat line?