Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jets Tweets 12/7

All League
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Nonsense. Vinny got old, chad got injured and mark turned into a turnover machine. All of us supported these guys in the begining. Mark Sanchez was the toast of New york. Dont blame the fans for his going to sh!t. Thats his own fault.
    Exactly. NY is most certainly the toughest town to play in. But a good QB can easily succeed here and become the toast of the town. The key is....ya gotta be good.

If you suck, whether its because of age, injury or just general suckittude, the fans and the media will let you know.

Bart Hubbuch ‏@HubbuchNYP
    At Jets today. If Tebow is the third QB, most likely means he doesn’t even travel. Lots of hometown Jacksonville folks will be disappointed.

Seth Walder ‏@SethWalderNYDN
    Stephen Hill just walked out of locker room with a noticeable limp. #nyj

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Stephen Hill just walked out of locker room with a noticeable limp. #nyj
    Fragile and can't catch. Great second-round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Fragile and can't catch. Great second-round pick.

Jets Insider VIP
    I hope I am wrong, but I just dont see hill becoming a demaryuis thomas type receiver. I hope Im wrong. But he just seems like a disaster.

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Jets locker room festively decorated. All the special teamers have lights, trees and stockings #jets #nyj

I hear the Jets game was actually a big seller for the Jaguars simply because of Tebow. Two words, Tebow fans: No refunds.

Tough break, Suzy. lol.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    I hope I am wrong, but I just dont see hill becoming a demaryuis thomas type receiver. I hope Im wrong. But he just seems like a disaster.
    Thomas missed 5 and 6 games his first two years and combined for only 54 catches. Amazing what a good QB can do.

Hall Of Fame
    Anybody know how Hill got hurt?

Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    Thomas missed 5 and 6 games his first two years and combined for only 54 catches. Amazing what a good QB can do.
    Indeed. Stephen, admittedly, has to work on his hands and route running, but we must also remember that he came from the Georgia Tech system and so it was VERY run-heavy. I can't fault him too much for not having great hands when he was rarely ever asked to use them in school.

However, as we all saw in his solid performance against the cards last week, he's definitely improving. Every (iirc) catch he made was with his hands instead of his body. Even when making that big time 3rd down (I think...) catch from Mac that was a bit high, he jumped up and caught the ball with his outstretched hands instead of his body like he had been doing in previous games. Just give the guy some time and a decent QB throwing to him and he'll be a solid #2 for us.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Anybody know how Hill got hurt?
    I believe it was the ball he had to jump for in the 4th quarter where he collided with a DB and went down violently.

Greg McElroy says he hasn’t been told if he’s No. 2 or No. 3 and that he expects it to be “a gametime decision.”

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Clyde gates not cleared to talk to the media yet, so guessing he won't be cleared for Sunday #nyj #jets

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    McElroy said Rex hasn't announced the depth chart yet. #jets #nyj

Jets wouldn’t let media interview Clyde Gates because he hasn’t been cleared post-concussion. Gates is wearing sunglasses (light sensitive?)

Clyde Gates spoke today. Said he still has headaches but is feeling better. #nyj

Gates is wearing shades inside because he's sensitive to light. Not a style decision. "I'm cool, but not that cool." #nyj

Robert Malone, Tanner Purdum and Nick Folk's lockers are decked out in Xmas decorations today. #nyj

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I believe it was the ball he had to jump for in the 4th quarter where he collided with a DB and went down violently.

Do we know what is listed on the injury report?

Sucks that he got hurt again. He needs all the reps he can get.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Do we know what is listed on the injury report?

Sucks that he got hurt again. He needs all the reps he can get.
    Dunno. I'm assuming he's sore because he seemed fine after the collision.

McElroy said it's been a normal week of practice. He did scout team, Tebow practiced usual amount. #nyj

I'm so sorry these idiots are doing this to you, G-MAC. You're the hero this city deserves.

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Clyde gates is out, Damon Harrison (ankle) is doubtful and Keller is doubtful too. #nyj #jets

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Tim Tebow is questionable for Sunday with the ribs #jets #nyj

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Rex said that Tebow has progressed well this week but he'll be a game-time decision. #nyj #jets

Rex said he will consider activating all 3 QBs. Tebow is a game-time decision. #nyj

Rex says Tebow probably won't be on punt protection if he is active. #nyj