Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Article: Mark Sanchez Is A Bad QB, And That's Why He Shouldn't Try To Play It Safe

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Article: Mark Sanchez Is A Bad QB, And That's Why He Shouldn't Try To Play It Safe

http://deadspin.com/5965609/mark-san...o-play-it-safe

Spot on.

I really love the usage of the All-22 film that's now available to fans to point out that Sanchez is bad because he's inaccurate and a terrible decision-maker rather than because "his WRs are garbage and never get separation"

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotch View Post
    http://deadspin.com/5965609/mark-san...o-play-it-safe

Spot on.

I really love the usage of the All-22 film that's now available to fans to point out that Sanchez is bad because he's inaccurate and a terrible decision-maker rather than because "his WRs are garbage and never get separation"
    Only people who didn't know this were the delusional Pick-6ers.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez is bad because he's inaccurate and a terrible decision-maker rather than because "his WRs are garbage and never get separation"
    It's amazing to me that any decently aware fan could watch our games and think anything otherwise. It's obvious Sanchez is the problem more than his recievers, due to inaccuracy, poor decision making, poor pocket awareness, limited to no mobillity, and poor overall field vision.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    People dont want to admit when something is over. They think back to 3 or 4 years ago, the good times. They want that to come back so they hold on longer then they should.

Its like when you were dating that girl and it was good in the beginning and then it went to sh!t. You hold on a few months too long thinking that the good times will come back.

Its understandable. In a few years, these sanchez supporting fools will look back and say, man he stunk so bad towards the end.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    It's amazing to me that any decently aware fan could watch our games and think anything otherwise. It's obvious Sanchez is the problem more than his recievers, due to inaccuracy, poor decision making, poor pocket awareness, limited to no mobillity, and poor overall field vision.
    Too bad SAR can't realize this.

Sanchez has lead the offense to one touchdown or less in 6 out of the 12 games so far this season.

But yet, it's Rex's and the defenses fault.

The only thing Rex should be blamed for is keeping that hot steaming pile of garbage still in there.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    People dont want to admit when something is over. They think back to 3 or 4 years ago, the good times. They want that to come back so they hold on longer then they should.

Its like when you were dating that girl and it was good in the beginning and then it went to sh!t. You hold on a few months too long thinking that the good times will come back.

Its understandable. In a few years, these sanchez supporting fools will look back and say, man he stunk so bad towards the end.
    He did have his moments. But people seem to forget all those come backs he did in 2010 were because he dug himself and the defense a big whole. I'm talking about the Texans and Browns game specifically. The only real good game he had besides the playoffs was against the Steelers in the reg season.

People seem to forget how we couldn't score against the Ravens and the Packers at home that year.

People just look at the playoffs and see what the team accomplished and put it all on Sanchez.

He did have a big run, but it was a great supporting cast around him.

Now we have new people here this year, in his 4th year HE HIMSELF should be THEIR supporting cast. He's now a 4 year vet. He should be elevating his teammates play around him.

But sadly he's not.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The more footage that gets released of Sanchez being oblivious to primary-read open-receivers down field, the more I can understand where Santonio Holmes was coming from last season.

Not saying Santonio isn't a complete d*ck (he definitely is), but like Keyshawn said, "just give me the damn ball." Sanchez can't get that job done.

Shame that we didn't cut bait earlier and steal Russel Wilson.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    When you QB can't break 60% completion percentage and regularly limits Yards After Catch with throws behind on completions then there's major issues.

The article isn't bad, but ever since he's been here I've pointed these things out and the Buttchez Defense Crew (BDC) is always quick to tell me that Fantasy football and the NFL are two different things.

Well no **** you morons, that doesn't change anything about Sanchez.

If you can't complete 6 out of every 10 passes you attempt you aren't a NFL QB.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    When you QB can't break 60% completion percentage and regularly limits Yards After Catch with throws behind on completions then there's major issues.

The article isn't bad, but ever since he's been here I've pointed these things out and the Buttchez Defense Crew (BDC) is always quick to tell me that Fantasy football and the NFL are two different things.

Well no **** you morons, that doesn't change anything about Sanchez.

If you can't complete 6 out of every 10 passes you attempt you aren't a NFL QB.
    That had me cracking up, lol.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Bandit View Post

Sanchez has lead the offense to one touchdown or less in 6 out of the 12 games so far this season.

The only thing Rex should be blamed for is keeping that hot steaming pile of garbage still in there.
    I remain convinced that SAR knows it just as well as anyone else does. SAR is alot of things, dumb or ignorant isn't one of them.

SAR does this every year. Look back at the archives, it's rather humourous at times.

He'll strongly deny it of course, but like seeing Sanchez for what he is, a smart poster also can see what their fellow posters are all about after a while.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    I remain convinced that SAR knows it just as well as anyone else does. SAR is alot of things, dumb or ignorant isn't one of them.

SAR does this every year. Look back at the archives, it's rather humourous at times.

He'll strongly deny it of course, but like seeing Sanchez for what he is, a smart poster also can see what their fellow posters are all about after a while.
    SAR just doesn't want to admit that everything isn't all on Rex. Admitting that Sanchez sucks would be doing just that.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great article. Here was my favorite quote:
    The Jets' efforts to protect Sanchez from risk miss this point: Any pass Mark Sanchez makes is risky. What makes Sanchez disastrous is that so many of his passes are low-reward. He gets picked off on the checkdown plays.
    I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    But Eli is in his 9th year.

Give Sanchez some time. In Year 9 he will be better than Eli.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Bandit View Post

To set the record straight, SAR knows that Mark Sanchez is playing badly right now, and frankly he'd like to see if McElroy's got something in this wasted season.

Rex blew this season before it even started. The defense was fully reloaded and failed miserably in the two most important games of the year that ultimately will cost us a playoff spot.

SAR feels that he has seen enough good in Mark Sanchez back when he had talent around him to give him a second look with a new head coach, a new offensive coordinator, a good running back, and a consistent set of receivers that are better than the crap we have now. It's very hard to find a franchise quarterback, or even an above average quarterback that has a penchant for winning late games and pressure playoff road games. Before we throw him away, SAR would like to see if perhaps it is the talent around him that is the problem and not Mark Sanchez himself. We are going to be rebuilding for the next 2-3 years anyway, might as well give our quarterback a second look.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    SAR just doesn't want to admit that everything isn't all on Rex. Admitting that Sanchez sucks would be doing just that.
    That makes zero sense.

Mark Sanchez is Rex Ryan's hand-selected quarterback. He loved him, he courted him, he's the reason that Mark is a New York Jet. No different than Ducasse or Coples, or any of the other people that Rex decided he could mold into a great player and hasn't.

Mark's failure is a bigger reflection on Rex Ryan then almost anything else he's ever done except for the craptastically lousy defense whose best players were drafted by Eric Mangini and whose weakest players were drafted by Rex Ryan.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    To set the record straight, SAR knows that Mark Sanchez is playing badly right now, and frankly he'd like to see if McElroy's got something in this wasted season.

Rex blew this season before it even started. The defense was fully reloaded and failed miserably in the two most important games of the year that ultimately will cost us a playoff spot.

SAR feels that he has seen enough good in Mark Sanchez back when he had talent around him to give him a second look with a new head coach, a new offensive coordinator, a good running back, and a consistent set of receivers that are better than the crap we have now. It's very hard to find a franchise quarterback, or even an above average quarterback that has a penchant for winning late games and pressure playoff road games. Before we throw him away, SAR would like to see if perhaps it is the talent around him that is the problem and not Mark Sanchez himself. We are going to be rebuilding for the next 2-3 years anyway, might as well give our quarterback a second look.

SAR I
    What defense was fully reloaded? It sure wasn't the jets because everyone who knew any better knew the linebackers were a huge issue this year. But then again you also stated that that Sanchez was drafted and paid $15M a year to be a "game manager." LOL

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    It's very hard to find a franchise quarterback, or even an above average quarterback...
    SAR I
    Here is a list of teams that have those:

Pittsburgh Steelers
    Denver Broncos
    Seattle Seahawks
    Chicago Bears
    Houston Texans
    Cincinnati Bengals
    San Diego Chargers
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Carolina Panthers
    Green Bay Packers
    Atlanta Falcons
    Detroit Lions
    Indianapolis Colts
    New York Giants
    Baltimore Ravens
    New England Patriots
    Washington Redskins
    New Orleans Saints

Difficult indeed.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    SAR feels that he has seen enough good in Mark Sanchez back when he had talent around him to give him a second look with a new head coach, a new offensive coordinator, a good running back, and a consistent set of receivers that are better than the crap we have now.
    I think he is going to get another shot next year. It just cant be Rex/Sanchez. That ship has sailed.

A new GM, head coach, o coordinator will come in with no preconcieved notions, no expectations about players. They open up the qb spot as an open competetion. Mark, Matt Moore, Big Mac and a draft pick. Just like mangini did in 06. Let the best guy have the job.

It just cant be a Rex/Sanchez combo. Too much history bad history there.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a list of teams that have those:

Pittsburgh Steelers
    Denver Broncos
    Seattle Seahawks
    Chicago Bears
    Houston Texans
    Cincinnati Bengals
    San Diego Chargers
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Carolina Panthers
    Green Bay Packers
    Atlanta Falcons
    Detroit Lions
    Indianapolis Colts
    New York Giants
    Baltimore Ravens
    New England Patriots
    Washington Redskins
    New Orleans Saints

Difficult indeed.
    Can't forget the Dolphins

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's very hard to find a franchise quarterback, or even an above average quarterback...
    We found one in chad pennington. We just didnt know his shoulder was going to become a problem. If chad had the health of Eli manning, he might still be our qb.