Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How would you like this defensive lineup for 2013?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    need a lot of help on offense but they really need LB's especially an OLB who can rush the passer. So OLB in the 1st, then WR, RB, OL the rest of the draft.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Jets gotta go WR with the first pick, RB with the 2nd or 3rd.

Fill defensive needs through FA.
    Personally, I'd want to go RB in round 1. Our WRs next year will be Holmes / Hill / Kerley. Hill could be a bust - but no matter what you have to play him next year to find out. Holmes isn't going anywhere (unfortunately). We have enough other needs, I'd probably neglect WR next year.

I'm not sure takings RBs in round 1 is good value though...

And you can't ignore the possibility that we're taking a QB in round 1 or 2...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Jets need to trade out of the first round and stockpile picks for 2014.

This upcoming draft looks soft. And either Manziel or Clowney would be what you shoot for since by being tied to Sanchez next year, you may as well just tank it full-out.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Austin from WV?
    No, Jets don't need a 5'9" smurf WR.

Keenan Allen (6'4" 210Lbs) from Cal or Justin Hunter from Tenn would be much better options. Although Allen might be the 1st WR off the board.

Both come from great passing offenses.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll take the best OLB and/or QB with the 1st 2 picks. Unless we trade Holmes I'll pass on wasting a high pick on WR. I do like the 2nd round talent at WR in this draft though. We have much bigger issues to address then WR however. Adding anther WR with no QB doesn't make us better. Our WRs are fine we need someone that to get them the ball for the love of god. Also not one RB in this class is worth a 2nd IMO.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    we can't ignore offense in the 1st/2nd round again

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    That would be pretty damn sweet.

Pretty realistic as well.

We probably won't be in position to get a guy like Moore, so Jordan would be my next choice.

Both Mingo and Montgomery scare the hell out of me. Way too much boom or bust potential. Especially Mingo.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    Again? We did draft Hill in the 2nd last year.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    (may get flamed by this but here it goes)

Do the Jets really want Landry back next year? I think people are in love with his muscles. Have people watched him in coverage? He's pretty bad and has been targeted quite a bit. He's like a small linebacker out there. Great in the box but he's a matchup target.

To each their own but do people think Landry is a long term solution?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post

Do the Jets really want Landry back next year? I think people are in love with his muscles. Have people watched him in coverage? He's pretty bad and has been targeted quite a bit. He's like a small linebacker out there. Great in the box but he's a matchup target.

Landry is a good player. I think his coverage is better than most safeties.

But long term?

The dude's got two ticking time bombs for Achilles' tendons and is going to get a multi-year deal that overpays him, which will grant him guaranteed security and reason to take games off.

No. Definitely not.

I like Antonio Allen, to be honest. I think that kid, aside from a single bad play, looks promising.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post

All depends on the price. He is a good S but really nothing worth big money IMO. Anything over 4 mil a year and I will pass. He is physical which fits us well but I don't see anyone jumping on him over Reed, Moore, or Goldson. Bush also looks pretty good sitting behind him SS seems more of the need.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    The top of this draft is deep with defensive talent. The same can't be said for the offensive prospects.

There probably isn't a single RB, WR, or TE that will be drafted in the Top 20. And I don't view either Geno or Barkley as franchise QB material.

I'm not in favor of making a huge reach just because our offense is in disarray.

Plus, we could be looking at replacing 3/4 of our LB corps after this season. Guys like Pace and Scott are as good as gone and BT probably is too, although I wouldn't mind hanging on to him for another year or two.

The Jets need to go BAP, regardless of which side of the ball.

There is no quick fix to this. A lot of areas need to be overhauled.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I guess there's more immediate needs than replacing Landry. I wonder what he's going to want at the end of the year since he's been healthy. He's playing for a contract there's some risk that he gets a longer team deal and you start to hear about his foot problems again.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not realistic. There is no way we have enough money for Anthony Spencer. We MIGHT have enough for a guy like Manny Lawson.

Also, we should switch to a 4-3 to play to the strengths. And Revis should be G-O-N-E. He could still bring in two solid picks (as I have suggested before). This team CANNOT afford so much money invested in a CB.....we need a QB.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fix the "d", so they can lose a bunch of games 10 to 6?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    The top of this draft is deep with defensive talent. The same can't be said for the offensive prospects.

There probably isn't a single RB, WR, or TE that will be drafted in the Top 20. And I don't view either Geno or Barkley as franchise QB material.

I'm not in favor of making a huge reach just because our offense is in disarray.

Plus, we could be looking at replacing 3/4 of our LB corps after this season. Guys like Pace and Scott are as good as gone and BT probably is too, although I wouldn't mind hanging on to him for another year or two.

The Jets need to go BAP, regardless of which side of the ball.

There is no quick fix to this. A lot of areas need to be overhauled.
    Passing on a player because "we addressed defense the last few years" is a sure fire way to wind up making a mistake. We have to to the best to pair needs with the BPA, if thats and olb then so be it.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I want Ertz from Stanford,

A big TE that can handle all facets of the position.

Let Keller walk.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think we will keep Pouha but it is a realistic line up. The projected line up I put out not too long ago was about the same. Exp I had a 2nd round OLB, cut Pouha and resigned Bell. The D is pretty solid we just need to fill those OLB roles bad. 3 or 4 may be gone. An average vet like Spencer is doable but yeah I also doubt we keep Cro and Revis. We either trade Revis and get a starting OLB as part of the trade or trade Cro. He is aging but is very movable. If we move him we could keep Pouha and sign Spencer with room to spare.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I dont see Jordan as a perfect 3-4 OLB. He is 6'7" 245, seems more like a 4-3 DE to me.
    Have you watched him?! His size would indeed make you believe otherwise but he is actually a perfect OLB. He already played at Oregon in a hybrid role that routinely saw him line up in coverage against TEs and even slot receivers. Yes, he is that mobile which makes him special considering his size. He is not considered a pure pass rusher but part of that is because Oregon really doesnt use him as an edge rusher every down.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    That would be pretty damn sweet.

Pretty realistic as well.

We probably won't be in position to get a guy like Moore, so Jordan would be my next choice.

Both Mingo and Montgomery scare the hell out of me. Way too much boom or bust potential. Especially Mingo.
    My first choice would be Damontre Moore but he will likely be gone in the top ten, if not top five. I absolutely agree with you on the LSU guys. Mingo is build like a safety and he will struggle mightily against the run and Montgomery is very slow off the snap.