Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I found this surprising about our running backs...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    As I mentioned to you back then, MOST defenses couldn't hold against Brady in that situation. 1:37 on the clock and all Brady needs is a FG ? How often would you bet against him ? What teams would you bet could stop him even half the time ??

Miami scored 17 pts in the first half, but 14 of those points were handed to them by special teams and a Sanchez fumble at our 32 yard line. Seeing as how the offense managed a whopping 9 points, that game isn't on the D.

Dude, go back and look at the schedule and results. We are 5-7 with our current roster, including our defense. Three games were winnable EVEN WITH that defense, WR corps and group of running backs. The games against the Texans, the Pats, and the Seahawks What killed us in each game ultimately ? Mark Sanchez handing the damned ball over. Plenty of time left, down by 6 and driving to score, Mark throws an interception against the Texans. Driving to tie the game or win it with a TD in overtime against the Pats, we lose when Mark gets stupid and fumbles while trying to throw the ball away while getting sacked. Against Seattle, we were right there about to score and have the momentum, then Mark decides to hesitate, pump fake a couple times then and then throw an interception.

In all three of those games, Mark certainly didn't tear things up or do things that a mildly competent QB couldn't have done as well.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Same as it was in 1998 and I don't remember anyone complaining then??
    Did Curtis rape you or something?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    We'd be at 7-5 another way WITH COMPETENT PLAY ON DEFENSE AND ST'S too:

The Jets had a lead on the Patriots in New England with 90 seconds left on the clock. The defense blew the game.

The Jets had the Dolphins at home, facing their backup quarterback no less. The defense blew the game.

The quarterback isn't playing well, but we are supposed to win games on our stellar defense and it's not happening. All those great coaches, all those great draft picks, that beefed up free-agent secondary, they were supposed to win games like this for us.

And let's talk special teams too. We have the best special teams coach of all time yet he let up game changing touchdowns in both of those contests.

Those two games were extremely winnable and the Jets would be sitting here at 7-5 today if those games went the way they should have on defense and special teams, two areas that have been a significant, concentration for this club. The quarterback isn't blameless, but he is not to blame.

SAR I
    SANCHEZ HAS LED THE JETS TO ONE TOUCHDOWN OR LESS IN 6 OUT OF THE 12 GAMES PLAYED THIS YEAR.

WITHOUT THE DEFENSE WE WOULD EASILY BE SITTING AT 2-10.

LET REX AND THE DEFENSE GO.

MAN.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Bandit View Post
    SANCHEZ HAS LED THE JETS TO ONE TOUCHDOWN OR LESS IN 6 OUT OF THE 12 GAMES PLAYED THIS YEAR.

WITHOUT THE DEFENSE WE WOULD EASILY BE SITTING AT 2-10.

LET REX AND THE DEFENSE GO.

MAN.
    The GM ignored the offense for the past two drafts, past two seasons.

We scored 0 touchdowns all preseason.

I don't know why the performance of the 2012 New York Jets offense surprises you. We're the same low-budget mess we were in Cortland in July.

The defense, different story. They are very surprising, surprisingly bad. Two new physical safeties. Four high-round draft picks in the front seven. Still no pass rush. Still can't stop the run. Still can't stop a tight end. Still can't compete with elite teams.

Pick an area of the team, you can't find any improvement over last year. The quarterback's failure is understandable based on expectations in July. The defense's failure is inexcusable. Special teams failure is ridiculous. That's what's killing us this year. We are aspiring to be the 1985 Bears on defense. We've exhausted every draft, every free agent dollar to get there. We are a bust. The offense looks worse than it should because the defense is giving up buckets of points and yardage against good teams.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know why we even keep track of gross yardage anymore.

Per play and adjusted per play metrics have rendered gross yardage obsolete.

Our running game is really bad.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Did Curtis rape you or something?
    There is a double standard when it comes to certain players and if you weren't so far up his butt you would know that..