Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it unprofessional for a team to run the same play over and over in a close game?

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Or, Bill Belichick has studied the NFL enough to know that older coaches running the remnants of a dynasty lose their edge and lose their teams in the process.

If you've watched any of the specials about the history of the NFL or the legacy of the AFL you know that Bill Belichick respects the game probably more than any other head coach in the league right now.

He is not going out of his way to disrespect the sport; rather he is trying to instill a killer mentality in the minds of his team and his coaching staff so they don't get soft after years and years of rattling off 13 wins as if they're cutting through butter.

SAR I
    You're a Pats fan. Now it makes sense.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    Normally I'd think it was just sour grapes, but it was Belichick and McDaniels dialing up those plays and they've made careers out of disrespecting the game of football, so he has a point. They were probably really enjoying patting themselves on the back afterwords.
    You do realize the Pats were basically doing nothing but vanilla running plays late in the 4th quarter to chew up as much time as possible before kicking a FG to make it a two score game?

Or is it that you don't care?

Or is it that you're clueless?

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    You do realize the Pats were basically doing nothing but vanilla running plays late in the 4th quarter to chew up as much time as possible before kicking a FG to make it a two score game?
    That's exactly the point. It's like spitting at the history of this magnificent game. Bill Belichick won't rest until he's dug up the bones of Vince Lombardy and taken a dump on them.

Eternal Champion is my favorite JI poster.

All League
    That's exactly the point. It's like spitting at the history of this magnificent game. Bill Belichick won't rest until he's dug up the bones of Vince Lombardy and taken a dump on them.
    It's apparent that you'd rather sh!t out a flaming porcupine than make a logical point.

Personally, I think it's disrespectful when the Pats win. Definitely distasteful.

I am curious to know what you think would be the respectable thing to do in those circumstances? It's late 4th Q and up by 7. What is the right thing to do so you don't disrespect your opponent (or the "history of this magnificent game")?

Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    i'm reminded of the Jets game vs the Raiders.. what was it.. 2002ish? where they had a drive where they ran the ball 21 straight times for a TD. Our defense obviously could not stop the run.
    Also be reminded that we won that game

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Veteran
    You can beat your opponent without disrespecting the game. Belichick is specifically interested in disrespecting the game.
    BS. Loser mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    Orrrrrrr the one where they kept throwing bombs to Tim Brown, when some genius thought giving a shot to Vance Joseph to play NFL football was a good idea.
    TOTALLY UNFAIR!!! James Jett got his d!ck wet running past Joseph that Sunday night as well

All League
    Or, Bill Belichick has studied the NFL enough to know that older coaches running the remnants of a dynasty lose their edge and lose their teams in the process.

If you've watched any of the specials about the history of the NFL or the legacy of the AFL you know that Bill Belichick respects the game probably more than any other head coach in the league right now.

He is not going out of his way to disrespect the sport; rather he is trying to instill a killer mentality in the minds of his team and his coaching staff so they don't get soft after years and years of rattling off 13 wins as if they're cutting through butter.

SAR I
    Exactly. Never take your foot off the gas.

I wish the Jets would play like that.

hey champ, what's your opinion on this?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...an-we-line-up/

this story reminded me of it

SAR I

Good lord. I'm going to have to stew on this one and figure out it's implications.

Basically, whenever you talk about almost any other subject aside from the Jets, I find myself in near total agreement with you

The Dolphins are pathetic for complaining about someone running the same play over and over. If that's the case it should be EASIER for you to stop it.

Now when it comes to running up the score, I don't agree with running up the score via the passing game, but if you're running the football and the other team can't stop it, what are you supposed to do?

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    hey champ, what's your opinion on this?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...an-we-line-up/

this story reminded me of it
    If I remember correctly, there was audio of that floating around. I seem to remember it being hilarious, too. The difference between McCoy and the Dolphins is that McCoy wasn't *****ing; he was in awe.

Quote Originally Posted by Fixit View Post
    Eternal Champion is my favorite JI poster.
    Thanks, buddy, I like you, too.

Quote Originally Posted by sfuria View Post
    I am curious to know what you think would be the respectable thing to do in those circumstances? It's late 4th Q and up by 7. What is the right thing to do so you don't disrespect your opponent (or the "history of this magnificent game")?
    Again, context is everything. Given Belichick's past, which includes repeatedly recording signals, practices, running up the score, being a sore loser during the handshake after the game, etc, the only respectable thing to do would be to immediately resign as HC of the NEP. He's a psychopath and everything he does is related to that.

Normally I'd think it was just sour grapes, but it was Belichick and McDaniels dialing up those plays and they've made careers out of disrespecting the game of football, so he has a point. They were probably really enjoying patting themselves on the back afterwords.
    didn't u leave forever a couple of weeks ago?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sfuria View Post
    The only way the Pats could show respect is if they lost the game. That would be true sportsmanship.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    didn't u leave forever a couple of weeks ago?
    As I mentioned in my "I'm back!" thread, due to an overwhelming number of PM's sent to me by posters and moderators asking me to come back, I decided to return and continue contributing to this vibrant community of Jets fans and chowd trolls.