Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Why Abortion and Not Prostitution?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Are there any choices you can make where the Govt. WOULD enforce your responsabillity for that choice, or no?
    If that responsibility is legally bound, yes.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Axil View Post
    If abortion were illegal the necessity to carry out a potential pregnancy would be implied though.
    It would be legally forced.

That's kind of my whole point, no?

The Doctor is.

A service (abortion) is being provided for and a payment is recived, either from the individual, the individuals insurance company, or the Government. Even if no payment is given (i.e. services donated), it's still commerce.

If we follow that logic, a community could equally and legally choose to disallow other services from their community.....like abortion providers, for example.
    The doctor is regulated and they could chose to disallow other services if the Supreme Court hadn't decided they couldn't as they did.

Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    It would be legally forced.

That's kind of my whole point, no?
    Right...
    but my whole point was it would be legally forced in the same way the repayment of a loan is legally forced.

*edit*

To be honest though, i can't find an example that doesn't involve a monetary responsible for an action, or (as in Warfish's example) an illegal action. Owing money is different than essentially owing a child, with money you can sell other assets, someone can pay it for you, you can eventually declare bankruptcy, it's not the same. And I'm not sure i buy that consequences for an illegal action are the same either. Being imprisoned for robbing a bank is punishment. It's not legal to rob a bank if you go to prison afterwards, it's illegal to rob a bank therefore you go to prison afterwards, thus that seems different as well.

So, *shrug* I concede.
    Last edited by Axil; 12-13-2012 at 02:54 PM.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Why do you create issues that don't exist?

What Pro-Choice people are against legalizing prostitution?
    +1.

Restrictions on prostitution predate the pro-choice argument. And it's not close. You miss the very obvious fact that the people who object to abortion the most (religious conservatives) are also the people who object to prostitution the most.
    Last edited by BushyTheBeaver; 12-22-2012 at 12:22 AM.

Just curious, how can one support abortion rights (my body, my choice, state has no right to decide for me what she does with her body, etc) but NOT equally support the right of women to choose to engage in sex for money, i.e. prostitution?

In both cases, it's is 100% use of a womans body, made by the woman in question.

What would then be the rational argument by a Pro-Choice Supporter AGAINTS legalization of prostitution as a protected federal right, same as abortion?
    Great question!

Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    +1.

Restrictions on prostitution predate the pro-choice argument. And it's not close. You miss the very obvious fact that the people who object to abortion the most (religious conservatives) are also the people who object to prostitution the most.
    Nonsense. Find me one feminist who's pro prostitution.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Jenna Jameson.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Find me one feminist who is anti-prostitution.

Whar. Gharb.

Sent from a phone using an app