Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Quinton Coples

Quinton Coples

Is he still alive?

At the game it can sometimes be difficult to follow who's making the tackles or pressuring the QB but I don't remember hearing Coples name called at all last week.

Hall Of Fame
    He facemasked Luck a couple months ago.

He only plays a shade under 50% of the snaps.

He does have 6 TFL this year which is pretty solid. That's top 10 in the NFL for defensive linemen.

Obviously everyone would like to see more sacks, but he's done a respectable jobs on passing downs (mostly when he's matching up against guards).

All Pro
    I still think he should have been awarded a sack in the first NE game but instead it went to Harris. Now I dont understand why Coples doesn't see the field more as we surely want him to develop as much as he can this year.

I think he's being eased into the game.

Next season(hopefully after some of the "trash" gets jettisoned) he'll be getting the bulk of the snaps.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    He facemasked Luck a couple months ago.
    You don't actually watch players or the games.

You just whine about everything

He's no Gholston. He might not be a superstar but he looks like he will be a decent starter at least.

Jets Insider VIP
    Should've went linebacker instead.

coples hasnt exactly torn up the nfl but he hasnt stunk it up either. he needs more playing time.

Needs more time at end. Should also be allowed to play a bit more standing up.

Pace is restricting his growth at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Should've went linebacker instead.
    I felt the same way originally. But Melvin Ingram (who most thought they would pick) hasn't exactly torn the league up either.

Coples has shown enough this year to warrant the #16 pick...now they just need more from him in year 2.

You know how at draft evaluation time the pundits will look at dlineman as being 4-3 or 3-4 players? I think this is a classic case. Coples is a 4-3 player. He's not suited to be a devito, ellis hold the fort and get some push and 5 sacks a year. If the jets play more 4-3 he will be much better and wilkerson will be even better than he is already.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    You know how at draft evaluation time the pundits will look at dlineman as being 4-3 or 3-4 players? I think this is a classic case. Coples is a 4-3 player. He's not suited to be a devito, ellis hold the fort and get some push and 5 sacks a year. If the jets play more 4-3 he will be much better and wilkerson will be even better than he is already.
    agree swiching to the 4-3 would benefit this defense and specific players.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    I felt the same way originally. But Melvin Ingram (who most thought they would pick) hasn't exactly torn the league up either.

Coples has shown enough this year to warrant the #16 pick...now they just need more from him in year 2.
    It's hindsight, but I'd rather have Chandler Jones. We needed (and still need) LBs in the worst way.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

It's hindsight, but I'd rather have Chandler Jones. We needed (and still need) LBs in the worst way.

You absolutely can not compare Coples to Jones

No way Jones could play inside in a 3-4 scheme....whereas I think Coples would be fine playing outside in a 4-3

Happy with Coples

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    You absolutely can not compare Coples to Jones

No way Jones could play inside in a 3-4 scheme....whereas I think Coples would be fine playing outside in a 4-3

Happy with Coples
    Yeah, I'd much rather have Bryan Thomas (our leading sacker ) and Calvin Pace starting than a guy who has 6 sacks and 3 FFs.

We needed a difference maker and so far Coples isn't that. Jones, on the other hand, has made a huge impact for NE.

Yeah, I'd much rather have Bryan Thomas (our leading sacker ) and Calvin Pace starting than a guy who has 6 sacks and 3 FFs.

We needed a difference maker and so far Coples isn't that. Jones, on the other hand, has made a huge impact for NE.
    What makes you think Jones could stand up in a 3-4?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    Nothing, fans who read stat lines, especially ones like sacks and use them as the end all might.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    Who says we play just a 3-4 or even need to stick with that scheme going forward? Coples may turn out to be a superstar, but he's been less than impressive so far, albeit in limited action.

Jones has been a difference maker. I don't care about scheme. The constant neglect of linebackers under this regime has been atrocious. It's no coincidence many scratched their heads when Coples' name was announced.

All Pro
    Who says we play just a 3-4 or even need to stick with that scheme going forward? Coples may turn out to be a superstar, but he's been less than impressive so far, albeit in limited action.

Jones has been a difference maker. I don't care about scheme. The constant neglect of linebackers under this regime has been atrocious. It's no coincidence many scratched their heads when Coples' name was announced.
    +1 Don Jefe.