Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Quinton Coples

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nails View Post
    Coples biggest problem is Rex - who won't put him on the field.

He gets about thirty percent of the snaps.

When he is given a chance he does well pressuring the QB:

Tenth in the league for inside rushers:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...roductivity/2/

And that was his sack credited to Harris in the NE game.
    And that's as a rookie. Anyone who can't see that he has a lot of ability as an inside pass rusher is blind.

And interestingly enough, I think he's only OK as an outside pass rusher.
    Last edited by detectivekimble; 12-08-2012 at 06:25 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I said it before and I'll say it again...it was well known before the draft that he takes plays off...where there is smoke there is fire because that is exactly what he does...watch him close and he dogs it on some plays...whenever you hear a guy takes plays off it might be a good idea to stay away from him...but listen, the genius draft evaluator in Rex Ryan personally worked him out for a total of 2 hours and decided he was a stud...just like John Connor, Mark Sanchez, Kyle Wilson and all the other brilliant moves Ryan has made...Rex is picking most of these players and not Tanny.....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    And that's as a rookie. Anyone who can't see that he has a lot of ability as an inside pass rusher is blind.

And interestingly enough, I think he's only OK as an outside pass rusher.
    Exactly my kind of impression.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cooler King View Post
    I said it before and I'll say it again...it was well known before the draft that he takes plays off...where there is smoke there is fire because that is exactly what he does...watch him close and he dogs it on some plays...whenever you hear a guy takes plays off it might be a good idea to stay away from him...but listen, the genius draft evaluator in Rex Ryan personally worked him out for a total of 2 hours and decided he was a stud...just like John Connor, Mark Sanchez, Kyle Wilson and all the other brilliant moves Ryan has made...Rex is picking most of these players and not Tanny.....
    Coples has MUCH more ability than any of those guys. And in two years, everyone will realize that the Jets were lucky to have gotten him at 16.

Btw, Wilkerson told Rex and Tannenbaum, before Coples was drafted, that Coples was a better player than him.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...quinton-coples

Wilkerson is a good player. There aren't many 3-4 DEs that are better than him. If Coples is better than him, that bodes very well for the Jets.
    Last edited by detectivekimble; 12-08-2012 at 06:51 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    BUMP!

Great game for Coples today vs Jacksonville, a bunch of pressures and a sack...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    BUT BUT BUT GUISE SAID HE'S A BUST IN HIS 1ST SEASON DOE! WHAT HAPPENED, DOE!?

That's right, now stfu. Quinton Coples, I ****ed Your Sister University.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    He had a great game. Easily his best game as a pro. But last time he had a good game he disappeared for two months. Can we just let him develop and not anoint him.

We are supposed to dominate the Jags. They are one of the worst teams in the NFL AND they were without their best players. Job well done. Nut up and move on.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    He had a great game. Easily his best game as a pro. But last time he had a good game he disappeared for two months. Can we just let him develop and not anoint him.

We are supposed to dominate the Jags. They are one of the worst teams in the NFL AND they were without their best players. Job well done. Nut up and move on.
    the Jets are one of the worst teams in the NFL and they were without their best players

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm looking forward to seeing him get a bit more of a motor. He played very well, but I can see the concerns about his effort. Actually, let me qualify that a bit; I can see where the concern arises from, but it may be a bit of a Eric Dickerson type of thing where it looks like laziness but may in fact be just more of a effortless use of talent.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post

YEEAAAHH!!!! FCK YOUR SISTER UNIVERSITY!!!!! NUFF SAID!!!

LOL

Sent from my LG-P999

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post

You can't give Coples any credit for this game

You didn't credit the QB or the Coach, so you can't credit the rook

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    I'm looking forward to seeing him get a bit more of a motor. He played very well, but I can see the concerns about his effort. Actually, let me qualify that a bit; I can see where the concern arises from, but it may be a bit of a Eric Dickerson type of thing where it looks like laziness but may in fact be just more of a effortless use of talent.
    I think you might be on to something with your last sentence. He is just a great athlete where his movement looks effortless. He certainly delivers big time hits and really rams into the QB.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fusion View Post
    the Jets are one of the worst teams in the NFL and they were without their best players
    Well.. to be fair Since Henne took over Jacksonville scored 37 against Houston without MJD, scored 26 points a game. But yes, they were missing their #2 receiver and #1 RB.

Then again the Jets were missing their top 2 pass catching options and lost their biggest deep threat in the 1st quarter.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Well.. to be fair Since Henne took over Jacksonville scored 37 against Houston without MJD, scored 26 points a game. But yes, they were missing their #2 receiver and #1 RB.

Then again the Jets were missing their top 2 pass catching options and lost their biggest deep threat in the 1st quarter.
    Fairness is not allowed on this board...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Coples does need to learn to not jump to sack the QB. QBs have used that against him (pump fakes), and he also gets too high which leads to more fasemask/helmet penalties.

He hasn't been the best defensive rookie. But he's certainly shown something this year. He's a rookie who has been up and down, but he's been involved, and I'm not overly discouraged with his play as a rookie.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    You can't give Coples any credit for this game

You didn't credit the QB or the Coach, so you can't credit the rook
    Cause the QB had one turnover to go along with his magnificent 111 yards passing and 0TDs. The coach takes some heat for putting this stinkin mess back behind center again.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    As with all young DE's that have just entered the league, Coples must learn how to be more CONSISTENT. He has a great game and then we don't hear from him for a couple of weeks.

My feeling, however, is that Coples is right on schedule. If we are looking at Muhammad Wilkerson's development as a map for Coples development, they look like similar players right now.

Wilkerson was pretty inconsistent last season also. Toward the end of the season he started to pick up the pace. Even at the beginning of this season he wasn't doing much. But now? Recently, he's really come into his own. He's taken control of the LOS on many occasions now.

I hope for the same out of Coples. You wouldn't think it would be unreasonable to expect that Coples reach the accomplishments of Wilkerson at this time next season given where Coples was taken.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    As with all young DE's that have just entered the league, Coples must learn how to be more CONSISTENT. He has a great game and then we don't hear from him for a couple of weeks.

My feeling, however, is that Coples is right on schedule. If we are looking at Muhammad Wilkerson's development as a map for Coples development, they look like similar players right now.

Wilkerson was pretty inconsistent last season also. Toward the end of the season he started to pick up the pace. Even at the beginning of this season he wasn't doing much. But now? Recently, he's really come into his own. He's taken control of the LOS on many occasions now.

I hope for the same out of Coples. You wouldn't think it would be unreasonable to expect that Coples reach the accomplishments of Wilkerson at this time next season given where Coples was taken.
    Spot on! I just don't get why he only plays 1/3 of defensive snaps.... I think he needs to play more and DeVito can play a 1/3 of the snaps!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Cause the QB had one turnover to go along with his magnificent 111 yards passing and 0TDs. The coach takes some heat for putting this stinkin mess back behind center again.
    A magnificent 111 yds passing in a game that it was clear the Jets were running an extremely vanilla game plan, due to all the injuries.

Let me guess, you think McElroy and Tebow do much better? LOL

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cooler King View Post
    Hard to be this clueless.