Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jets 2nd Against the Pass / 12th Running the Ball

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JFB View Post
    Just saying theyre doing above average in those two areas.
    yet our fellow "fans" will just not believe it. I tried telling a few of them the Jets had 5 wins and they didn't believe it

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    This just reinforces the fact that Mark Sanchez sucks.
    No, it reinforces what I been saying since day one year 5, 6, 7. We get that fembot squared away and we be back in bidness, and if not find a filler it only takes one year.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    oh no, more positive stats from the Jets! please stop or the site might crash! but seriously for all the sht this board gives them, they seem to be doing something right
    Just further proof of how a QB can destroy a team. When you don't have a QB it does not matter how good everyone else is.

Arizona has a pretty good roster. Solid defense and good weapons on offense. Yet without a QB they do not look like an NFL team.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

The quarterback isn't playing well.

SAR I
    Please this simply doesn't do his game justice. Average qb is not playing well = 52% comp, ints and tds the same amount. this is standard fair for sanchez, him not playing well = below 50%, tons of life sucking turnovers. He is arleady one of the worst QB's in the league to start with. Now he is 'not playing well'.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    With average play from the QB position, we'd have at least 7 wins right now. We've had the worst play in league at the most important position. It's a miracle we have 5 wins with how bad our QB has been.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets had a lead on the Patriots in New England with 90 seconds left on the clock. The defense blew the game.

The Jets had the Dolphins at home, facing their backup quarterback no less. The defense blew the game.

The quarterback isn't playing well, but we are supposed to win games on our stellar defense and it's not happening. All those great coaches, all those great draft picks, that beefed up free-agent secondary, they were supposed to win games like this for us.

And let's talk special teams too. We have the best special teams coach of all time yet he let up game changing touchdowns in both of those contests.

Those two games were extremely winnable and the Jets would be sitting here at 7-5 today if those games went the way they should have on defense and special teams, two areas that have been a significant, concentration for this club. The quarterback isn't blameless, but he is not to blame.

SAR I
    Can't disagree with any of this.

Coming into the season, I predicted 9 wins based on the Defense alone. They have not been what anyone expected. The loss of revis hurts, but from what most people on here will say...."he's only a cornerback" so that excuse is thrown out the window. The D hasn't been what we all thought it would be.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    With average play from the QB position, we'd have at least 7 wins right now. We've had the worst play in league at the most important position. It's a miracle we have 5 wins with how bad our QB has been.
    Well said.

We want to be a defensive team that runs the ball and plays safe mistake prone football. That will just never happen with mark Sanchez.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets had a lead on the Patriots in New England with 90 seconds left on the clock. The defense blew the game.

The Jets had the Dolphins at home, facing their backup quarterback no less. The defense blew the game.

The quarterback isn't playing well, but we are supposed to win games on our stellar defense and it's not happening. All those great coaches, all those great draft picks, that beefed up free-agent secondary, they were supposed to win games like this for us.

And let's talk special teams too. We have the best special teams coach of all time yet he let up game changing touchdowns in both of those contests.

Those two games were extremely winnable and the Jets would be sitting here at 7-5 today if those games went the way they should have on defense and special teams, two areas that have been a significant, concentration for this club. The quarterback isn't blameless, but he is not to blame.

SAR I
    The jets D held the pats to 10 less points than what they averaged against the rest of the league. If Sanchez could have got a first down against a bad pass d, the D would not even be on the field. And that was one of his better games this year!

And you are suppossing that the way Sanchez was playing they would have beaten the cards.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    broken record
    broken record
    broken record
    broken record
    broken record
    broken record
    broken record
    broken record
    broken record
    broken record
    broken record

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN-znPIBxes

Yea, the D is what really blew the game.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Classic example of how statistics mean nothing. Jets are second against the pass because they were near the bottom against the run, and the rushing stats are meaningless because their average is 3.8 YPC.
    This.

Not to mention all the crap QB's they've faced this season.

Oh, and we're 5-7.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The offense scored 9 points against Miami, 6 of which came in garbage time. Do you want to re-think this statement?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    The offense scored 9 points against Miami, 6 of which came in garbage time. Do you want to re-think this statement?
    SAR never thinks about this rubbish he spews. Why do you think he says half the bs he does?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN-znPIBxes

Yea, the D is what really blew the game.
    You forgot to show the o gave the jets a lead. And the d gave up two drives for FGs before that play. The old overtime rules and that play doesn't happen. To say that play lost the game is borderline insanity.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by red75bronco View Post
    You forgot to show the o gave the jets a lead.
    Too bad games don't end once your team gets a lead.

And the d gave up two drives for FGs before that play.
    Whoa, the D held the New England Patriots offense led by Tom Brady and gave up two field goals? WOW, THEY ****ING SUCK!

The old overtime rules and that play doesn't happen.
    Too bad the new rules, you know......DO exist?

To say that play lost the game is borderline insanity.
    Down 26-29 with about 7:35 in OT, the Jets need at least a FG to tie the game and continue OT. Mark takes the snap, drops back, back peddles, gets sacked and fumbles the ball, Pats recover to end the game.

Yes, that play lost the game.
    Last edited by McGinley; 12-08-2012 at 10:06 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes!

Getting rid of Mark Sanchez fixes everything, we be 13-0 this very day if that bum wasn't on the team.

SAR I
    Holy crap. I agree with you.....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Down 26-29 with about 7:35 in OT, the Jets need at least a FG to tie the game and continue OT. Mark takes the snap, drops back, back peddles, gets sacked and fumbles the ball, Pats recover to end the game.

Yes, that play lost the game.
    NO BRO! IT WAS THE DEFENSE'S FAULT THE OFFENSE COULDN'T SCORE TOUCHDOWNS AND SANCHEZ FUMBLED THE BALL! COME ON MAN. DIDN'T YOU SEE THE DEFENSE THROW A DUCK 10 YARDS SHORT OF STEPHEN HILL EARLIER IN THE GAME, TOO!?

COME ON BRO.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    NO BRO! IT WAS THE DEFENSE'S FAULT THE OFFENSE COULDN'T SCORE TOUCHDOWNS AND SANCHEZ FUMBLED THE BALL! COME ON MAN. DIDN'T YOU SEE THE DEFENSE THROW A DUCK 10 YARDS SHORT OF STEPHEN HILL EARLIER IN THE GAME, TOO!?

COME ON BRO.

lol, that throw looked like the Tebow underthrow to Hill in preseason. I just lol @ how we critique Tim's throwing and accuracy when Mark isn't doing much better.

Only difference between those two throws is that Mark's ended up as an INT, haha.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol, that throw looked like the Tebow underthrow to Hill in preseason. I just lol @ how we critique Tim's throwing and accuracy when Mark isn't doing much better.

Only difference between those two throws is that Mark's ended up as an INT, haha.
    Yeah, Tebow "can't throw" yet Mark himself is setting back the forward pass 25 years.

Laughable.

It's pure Tebow hate. Sanchez's QBR I believe is only 2 points higher than Tebow's was last year, and like you said, I'd rather have my ball 10 feet into the stands or fall short at a players feet than in the other teams hands!

Oh, and I'm still waiting for Mark's 300 yard playoff passing performance.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, Tebow "can't throw" yet Mark himself is setting back the forward pass 25 years.

Laughable.

It's pure Tebow hate. Sanchez's QBR I believe is only 2 points higher than Tebow's was last year, and like you said, I'd rather have my ball 10 feet into the stands or fall short at a players feet than in the other teams hands!

Oh, and I'm still waiting for Mark's 300 yard playoff passing performance.
    Indeed. I'm not even a Tebow fan (quite the opposite, actually) and even I agree with that. Personally, I'm pulling for young G-MAC to get the nod, but I'd be fine if Tim replaced Sanchez. As long as we're not seeing Mark's bs again, I'm pretty much fine with whoever is under center.