Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jets 2nd Against the Pass / 12th Running the Ball

Jets 2nd Against the Pass / 12th Running the Ball

Jets 2nd Against the Pass / 12th Running the Ball

I heard this on the below NFL video. I have no point except that at one point during this season I couldn't say the Jets did anything well.

Not the first video. Scroll down. The second one.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--if...174056634.html

oh no, more positive stats from the Jets! please stop or the site might crash! but seriously for all the sht this board gives them, they seem to be doing something right

Jets Insider VIP
    Doesn't trump the most important stat of all: 5-7.

Hall Of Fame
    Classic example of how statistics mean nothing. Jets are second against the pass because they were near the bottom against the run, and the rushing stats are meaningless because their average is 3.8 YPC.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Doesn't trump the most important stat of all: 5-7.
    or this one:
    Buttfumbles: 1

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Classic example of how statistics mean nothing. Jets are second against the pass because they were near the bottom against the run, and the rushing stats are meaningless because their average is 3.8 YPC.
    Or maybe it means that you're overracting. But that's the beauty of stats. They can mean whatever you want them to mean.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JFB View Post
    Or maybe it means that you're overracting. But that's the beauty of stats. They can mean whatever you want them to mean.
    How am I over reacting? I am just pointing out that stats are misleading.

Banned
    This just reinforces the fact that Mark Sanchez sucks.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    This just reinforces the fact that Mark Sanchez sucks.
    Yes!

Getting rid of Mark Sanchez fixes everything, we be 13-0 this very day if that bum wasn't on the team.

SAR I

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Yes!

Getting rid of Mark Sanchez fixes everything, we be 13-0 this very day if that bum wasn't on the team.

SAR I
    Way to put words in my mouth d!ckbag.

The statistics aren't true, anyone who has followed the team this season knows that. We're actually 4th against the pass, 29th against the run, 10th overall at the moment. Our run D is atrocious this year, the Pats could have blown us out by handing the ball off every single down on Thanksgiving. Any good back has killed us this season.

We were 10th against the pass before playing Ryan Lindley, 4th afterwards. Which ranking do you think is more reflective of how our pass D has played this season? A good unit, but not 4th best in the league, not with that lack of pass rush. An anomaly week against a player who should not be starting at QB for even a high school team should not distort the reality of how the D has performed all year.
    Last edited by SlickBri481; 12-07-2012 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Yes!

SAR I
    no, but the team would much more likely be 7-5 with the 12-20 ranked QB, and with 4 games against chumps they will probably be in the hunt for the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    Way to put words in my mouth d!ckbag.
    Forgive SAR. SAR doesn't know that you don't have to jump from one extreme to another.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    no, but the team would much more likely be 7-5 with the 12-20 ranked QB, and with 4 games against chumps they will probably be in the hunt for the playoffs.
    This is true. Our D is good enough to be in the playoffs, although not a dominant unit by any stretch. The biggest problem by far on this team is QB, then probably lack of bigtime playmakers on offense.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    This is true. Our D is good enough to be in the playoffs, although not a dominant unit by any stretch. The biggest problem by far on this team is QB, then probably lack of bigtime playmakers on offense.
    Our passing attack is atrocious. The receivers, TEs, and QB are all garbage.

The D has slipped at the LOS IMO. Pouha hasn't been nearly as good this season as he was last season. The linebackers are showing their age and they can't get any pressure on the QB. Not to mention, the team really hasn't seen any major benefit from Quinton Coples as of yet.

With all of that said, the D is getting better and the video more or less proves that.

Cro has stepped up for Revis in a big way. He's probably having his best year as a pro. Muhammad Wilkerson has really come on as of recently. He's really starting to play in the opponents backfield more and more often.

Overall, I'd a say a very average defense. Certainly, not a top ten or playoff unit. But they have gotten better as the season has gone on.

All in all, a huge disappointment this season. As you recall, and I was one of them, many people thought the defense would be top 3. Based on how they played and what I thought was the emergence of Kenrick Ellis, I thought this defense would be great.

Well, obviously there's really no major impact being put out by the younger players, with the exception of Wilkerson. I think Pettine was probably counting on those younger players to make more contributions than they have.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    The Jets had a lead on the Patriots in New England with 90 seconds left on the clock. The defense blew the game.

The Jets had the Dolphins at home, facing their backup quarterback no less. The defense blew the game.

The quarterback isn't playing well, but we are supposed to win games on our stellar defense and it's not happening. All those great coaches, all those great draft picks, that beefed up free-agent secondary, they were supposed to win games like this for us.

And let's talk special teams too. We have the best special teams coach of all time yet he let up game changing touchdowns in both of those contests.

Those two games were extremely winnable and the Jets would be sitting here at 7-5 today if those games went the way they should have on defense and special teams, two areas that have been a significant, concentration for this club. The quarterback isn't blameless, but he is not to blame.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    How am I over reacting? I am just pointing out that stats are misleading.
    I said maybe. Jets run defense was good last week.

In no way an I saying this team is good but those are the stats.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    The statistics aren't true, anyone who has followed the team this season knows that. We're actually 4th against the pass, 29th against the run, 10th overall at the moment. Our run D is atrocious this year, the Pats could have blown us out by handing the ball off every single down on Thanksgiving. Any good back has killed us this season.

We were 10th against the pass before playing Ryan Lindley, 4th afterwards. Which ranking do you think is more reflective of how our pass D has played this season? A good unit, but not 4th best in the league, not with that lack of pass rush. An anomaly week against a player who should not be starting at QB for even a high school team should not distort the reality of how the D has performed all year.
    I hate to blow your mind but those stats are true.
    New England could have blown us out? They did.

And just because you play the cardinals doesn't mean the stats don't count. Twelve other teams played them. Are you adjusting those team's ranking because they played the cards? In fact, four teams lost to the Cards and didn't have good games against them.

Im not saying the jets are good. Just saying theyre doing above average in those two areas.