Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sh:tty Week. Get the drank on

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Sh:tty Week. Get the drank on

Chill Cafe Patron tequila. Pour in large shot glass. Gently pour Baileys Irish Cream (deflect with upturned spoon) on top. Looks like a "Baby Guiness."

Consume in one gulp. Wash down with large beer. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.

Crank it up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx08M...ure=g-high-rec

Ignore knocks on door followed by "is everything alright honey" in between tracks. Or ask her for a sammich.

Friday.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cold Manhattan. A packed bowl. And a DVR to catch up with.

Livin' the dream.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    Chill Cafe Patron tequila. Pour in large shot glass. Gently pour Baileys Irish Cream (deflect with upturned spoon) on top. Looks like a "Baby Guiness."

Consume in one gulp. Wash down with large beer. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.

Crank it up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx08M...ure=g-high-rec

Ignore knocks on door followed by "is everything alright honey" in between tracks. Or ask her for a sammich.

Friday.
    That's the life right there. When I was single, I could come home and drink a few ice cold ones mixed with the occasional shot and then pass out. Not anymore. She thinks drinking alone is a problem???? I used to do it all the time.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    That's the life right there. When I was single, I could come home and drink a few ice cold ones mixed with the occasional shot and then pass out. Not anymore. She thinks drinking alone is a problem???? I used to do it all the time.
    Nah, she's an exceptional wife...and most weekends we're chilling together or doing something with the kids. But she can also tell when I'm ready to punch a crater into a client's or coworker's face...and lets me get it out of my system with eardrum-bleeding volume and copious amounts of attitude-adjusting juice.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nah, she's an exceptional wife...and most weekends we're chilling together or doing something with the kids. But she can also tell when I'm ready to punch a crater into a client's or coworker's face...and lets me get it out of my system with eardrum-bleeding volume and copious amounts of attitude-adjusting juice.
    That's the perfect mix right there.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shakin pass out yet?

Become gelatin318?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can you please send that memo to my wife? I just finished a stretch that included two 48 hour tours with only one day rest in between a regular shift, then an OT detail of 14 hours. Amounted to about 144 hours worked in a 7 day period.

During that stretch I had two GSWs to the head where the patients had pulses, were breathing, and had a good blood pressure. Oh, and if you carry.... lose the 9mms and .380s,!! AT LEAST go .40cal....Had a guy with a rectal bleed pull the 'ol "Expode n' Code" on my stretcher while walking into the hospital... whatever clot that was holdin' it all in went and he let out about 2 liters of GI Blood and about coded. Able to intubate, get a large bore line and fluids in him, but real mess......Had a 3 year old kid drown that I had to yank out of a pool (at his gradpas house),we worked that kid like champions, and at least from what I hear hes in PICU and possibly gonna be alright....add in an extrication from an MVC or Two, then finish up with a Fire at a Tire Wearhouse that wound up being a 2 Alarm response that took a day to get a full knock down on....and then, oh, yeah, My Dad went in for Knee Replacement Surgery Wednesday.....

Man, I need a drink.
    Last edited by Jet_Engine1; 12-07-2012 at 11:06 PM.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    God bless you. I could never do what you do but I am grateful there are people like you out there that can and do. Good job on the kid!

Quote Originally Posted by Jet_Engine1 View Post
    Can you please send that memo to my wife? I just finished a stretch that included two 48 hour tours with only one day rest in between a regular shift, then an OT detail of 14 hours. Amounted to about 144 hours worked in a 7 day period.

During that stretch I had two GSWs to the head where the patients had pulses, were breathing, and had a good blood pressure. Oh, and if you carry.... lose the 9mms and .380s,!! AT LEAST go .40cal....Had a guy with a rectal bleed pull the 'ol "Expode n' Code" on my stretcher while walking into the hospital... whatever clot that was holdin' it all in went and he let out about 2 liters of GI Blood and about coded. Able to intubate, get a large bore line and fluids in him, but real mess......Had a 3 year old kid drown that I had to yank out of a pool (at his gradpas house),we worked that kid like champions, and at least from what I hear hes in PICU and possibly gonna be alright....add in an extrication from an MVC or Two, then finish up with a Fire at a Tire Wearhouse that wound up being a 2 Alarm response that took a day to get a full knock down on....and then, oh, yeah, My Dad went in for Knee Replacement Surgery Wednesday.....

Man, I need a drink.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, and if you carry.... lose the 9mms and .380s,!! AT LEAST go .40cal
    wow my brother whose hobby it was to play EMT said the exact same thing - he saw too many crackheads running around w/ multiple 9mm holes in them...

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jet_Engine that is some story ill raise a glass to you.

Did you ever revive that fat guy from "the Office"? I heard that could be a challenge

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Man, I need a drink.
    That's a full plate. I did 10 years in the fire service but never went for the EMT cert. I was happy driving the bus and riding as the attendant, except for the occasional projectile vomiting/explosive diarrhea. And hauling obese patients, which were like 80% of them. Had the pipe on a bunch of jobs with engine before switching to truck, loved that sh:t.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    A packed bowl.
    FF2@ just went "hhhmmmm Ice creams"

-

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's a full plate. I did 10 years in the fire service but never went for the EMT cert. I was happy driving the bus and riding as the attendant, except for the occasional projectile vomiting/explosive diarrhea. And hauling obese patients, which were like 80% of them. Had the pipe on a bunch of jobs with engine before switching to truck, loved that sh:t.
    Different world down here in ****ty South FLorida, we're all "jacks of all trades". I'm a Fire Lieutenant and a Paramedic and my "truck" operates as an Ambulance, a Rescue Truck, and depending on if we're first due or not, we operate as an Interior Truck Company on Structure Fires... my next step will be Captain, and hopefully a Ladder Co.

It can be a great Job...but last week sucked. Last I heard, though, that kid was doing better but still in PICU.

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    FF2@ just went "hhhmmmm Ice creams"

-
    LOLOLOL

yesindeed

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like

Man, I need a drink.

Missed this earlier. God Bless ya!

-

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Missed this earlier. God Bless ya!

-
    You were busy making fat jokes.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    You were busy making fat jokes.

-

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did shakin318 get his old job back?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Did shakin318 get his old job back?
    He's currently highly inebriated wearing only a light blue fedora and argyle socks roaming the snow covered racetrack in Saratoga smoking a cigar muttering about "just missing the superfecta if it wasn't for that damn horse named after the Jew."

The cops are on the way.