Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 95

Thread: Woodhead/McElroy

  1. #1
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    867
    Post Thanks / Like

    Woodhead/McElroy

    Never forget...the same genius brain trust that came to the conclusion that Woodhead either A) Couldn't play OR B) Didn't know how to use him has now decided that McElroy also can't play.......the simple fact is that these people can no longer be allowed to evaluate talent....it is crippling this team...

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,409
    Post Thanks / Like
    They didn't know what to do with Woodhead and I can accept that. He wasn't a RB or a WR. He was gifted but never really fit what we where doing. If you have a QB like Brady it is easy to design plays for him. If your QB can't throw not so much.

    This question brings anther to my mind though. If we had resigned Smith would he be our starting QB right now. No question he had a better arm then either of our BUs IMO. Fact is we have just never had a OC that can really use these guys.

  3. #3
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    36,643
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cooler King View Post
    Never forget...the same genius brain trust that came to the conclusion that Woodhead either A) Couldn't play OR B) Didn't know how to use him has now decided that McElroy also can't play.......the simple fact is that these people can no longer be allowed to evaluate talent....it is crippling this team...
    /facepalm

    So much endless drama over a 3rd string RB on the only team in the NFL that could make use of him.

    I agree Sanchez should no longer be starting. I do not agree in any way that Woodhead is anything to be held against the Jets Front Office. Literally nothing of value was lost.

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Durham, CA
    Posts
    8,258
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    /facepalm

    So much endless drama over a 3rd string RB on the only team in the NFL that could make use of him.

    I agree Sanchez should no longer be starting. I do not agree in any way that Woodhead is anything to be held against the Jets Front Office. Literally nothing of value was lost.
    He was a flash in the pan for the pasts.

    Bothered taking a look at his stats this year? I didnt, but did anyhow last week......not a gamebreaker by any means.

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,129
    Post Thanks / Like
    Funny, most didn't want him to make the roster.

    Now he's the guy everyone wanted who only a fool couldn't recognize his talent.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Durham, CA
    Posts
    8,258
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Funny, most didn't want him to make the roster.

    Now he's the guy everyone wanted who only a fool couldn't recognize his talent.
    He was merely a new Hot Wheels car for Brady for a season.

    He sux now.

  7. #7
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    830
    Post Thanks / Like
    I must have missed all those rushing titles Woodhead has racked up in New England.

    What awful talent-evaluators!

  8. #8
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,751
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cooler King View Post
    Never forget...the same genius brain trust that came to the conclusion that Woodhead either A) Couldn't play OR B) Didn't know how to use him has now decided that McElroy also can't play.......the simple fact is that these people can no longer be allowed to evaluate talent....it is crippling this team...
    When did they say McElroy couldn't play? Rex simply chose to start Sanchez.

  9. #9
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    409
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    If your QB can't throw
    that can complicate the design of an offensive gameplan, yes.

  10. #10
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,789
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cooler King View Post
    Never forget...the same genius brain trust that came to the conclusion that Woodhead either A) Couldn't play OR B) Didn't know how to use him has now decided that McElroy also can't play.......the simple fact is that these people can no longer be allowed to evaluate talent....it is crippling this team...
    Just another poster trying to pile on, but was a total fail

  11. #11
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,640
    Post Thanks / Like
    little Danny Woodcock.

  12. #12
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    218
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have you ever watched Woodhead play and not just look at his stat line? He ran for 19 yards on a 3rd and 17 against Denver, and he excels at pass pro. Letting him go was a horrible decision.

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Durham, CA
    Posts
    8,258
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    Have you ever watched Woodhead play and not just look at his stat line? He ran for 19 yards on a 3rd and 17 against Denver, and he excels at pass pro. Letting him go was a horrible decision.
    mark Sanchez looks good on occasion.

    Danny is not a keeper. He had 1 good season.

    Check out his stats for the year.

  14. #14
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,640
    Post Thanks / Like
    With Edelman out should be interesting to see if Woodcock gets more touches.

    Lets Talk Football!

  15. #15
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,500
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    mark Sanchez looks good on occasion.

    Danny is not a keeper. He had 1 good season.

    Check out his stats for the year.

    He's only making 700k this year. You can be absolutely certain that if he weren't a "keeper" for the Pats that Belichick would have cut him long ago. Although your definition of "keeper" probably differs from his.

    And I agree with others in the thread that he's more valuable on the Pats than the Jets, and the whole debate is really pointless. He serves a purpose on the Pats, and that's all there is to it.

  16. #16
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    6,506
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not losing any sleep over DW, but after getting him as a UDFA and developing him, we should have kept him. Every time he touched the ball he was productive. Usually got the first down.

  17. #17
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    218
    Post Thanks / Like
    Danny has almost 500 yards from scrimmage and 4 TDs , that would be third and second on the Jets respectively

  18. #18
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,850
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    He was a flash in the pan for the pasts.

    Bothered taking a look at his stats this year? I didnt, but did anyhow last week......not a gamebreaker by any means.

    I looked. About 500 yard of total offense. That would make him #3 overall on the Jets. Change of pace player. Jets don't have one of those.
    Not a killer but I wouldn't mind him. Or Edelman. Or Welker. Or Gronk. Or Hernandez. Or a lot of Patriots. Somehow THEY seeem to get it and how to use people. Jets, not so much. The difference between a good coaching staff and eh.

  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,322
    Post Thanks / Like
    Woodhead isn't a bad RB at all, but let's consider the benefit of being a back on an offense where teams have to respect the pass first and foremost due to the Elite HoF QB that is under center. Put Sanchez on that team and you start to see Woodhead's productivity go down when the teams are able to stack the box because they don't have to respect the pass much at all.

    Again, Woodhead is a good RB and deserves credit. But let's not act like he's MJD rushing for over 1k yards when teams do nothing but stack the box against him.
    Last edited by McGinley; 12-08-2012 at 09:43 AM.

  20. #20
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,789
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    Danny has almost 500 yards from scrimmage and 4 TDs , that would be third and second on the Jets respectively
    our RB's suck. What does that tell you?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us