Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: jets in top 5 to land vick next season.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vick won't sell no more tickets. We have Tebow. If he doesn't get this stadium sold out no one can.
    Anyway if Vick's injured all the time that'd mean, that McElroy gets the starting job. I'm okay with this.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

vick

its amazing to this Vick gets his head torn off almost every other week yet mark hasnt had more than a scratch on him in almost 4 years! Most teams would so thats lucky ha, Jets fans know thats just opposite.. Strange too, line couldnt protect at all last yr, not great this yr.. I realize vick tries to run exposing himself to injury, while mark will ALWAYS fall or just give up the ball " here take it save me" lol..

Either way I'd take my chances on vick above any other on that list.. The rest have proven to just be bellow average, not even a hint of greatness.. Jets have nothing to lose at the qb, take a chance then settle for a weak qb.. thats all the Jets have done past few years..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Call me Clairvoyant:

Jets obtain Vick.

Vick leads Jets to 5-0 start.

Vick gets concussion.

Sanchez blows season.

You heard it here first.
    LOL.

I could definitely see this happening.

Hopefully if Vick were to go down it would be McElroy getting the call.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    yeah, the Jets should sign a QB who only plays 8 games a yr and has to sit out the others due to injuries and when he does play he's good for a couple of turnovers a game..Yeah, that's a real smart move...

As for the article and all others the next month, who knows whom will be making the personnel decisions in 2013, so it's all bs speculation w/o an ounce of fact
    And for those eight games Vick would do a hell of a lot more for the Jets than Sanchez would. Also, Vick's played behind a terrible OL in Philadelphia this past year. If we upgrade the RT position, our OL will be fine. The pass protection isn't a problem here, aside from Howard.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    Actually they got one hell of a rookie receiver in Josh Gordon who is on pace for something around 800 yards and is a legit deep threat. Greg Little and Jordan Norwood are decent young guys aswell.
    Not one of them would even be a #3 on the JETS really not impressed.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    NO DOG KILLERS ALLOWED ON THIS TEAM!!

(which means he'll definitely be a Jet since God hates us)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's not my ideal choice but if given the option of having Sanchez/Mcelroy or Sanchez/Vick/Mcelroy, i would rather add Vick and let the best man win during training camp.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    Below are the top FA QBs for 2013. I would rather the Jets try for Moore, Stanton or Campbell rather then Vick.

All 3 of those QBs will provide quality competition for Sanchez and none will break the bank to sign.

Top Quarterbacks

Joe Flacco (BAL) - Into the final year of his rookie contract, the Ravens still don't know what type of quarterback they have under center. They do know that no quarterback in history has won more games in their first four seasons than Joe Flacco, which is encouraging. At the very least, if the sides are too far apart-which seems unlikely based on talks in early August-the Ravens will use their franchise tag to retain him for another year for about $15 million.

Jason Campbell (CHI) - As a starter for Oakland in 2010, Campbell was becoming a fairly efficient quarterback. Similar to Alex Smith whose career has seen a revival of sorts, Campbell could benefit from strong coaching and continuity. In Chicago, he's as strong a back-up as the league has to offer and at his age, it's unlikely that many teams will offer him more than that.

Tarvaris Jackson (BUF) - After having been beat out by a 10 million dollar man (Matt Flynn) and a 3rd round pick (Russell Wilson), Jackson was traded to the Bills. As a starting quarterback a year ago, Jackson began to show some progress as a quarterback. After chances in Minnesota and Seattle, it's unreasonable to believe he'll ever go into camp as a starter for a playoff contender. With mobility and enough playmaking ability, he is a strong back-up—his current role in Buffalo.

Matt Moore (MIA) - It didn't take long for Ryan Tannehill to beat out Moore as the Dolphins' starter. As a leftover from the previous regime, it seems unlikely that he'll remain in Miami through the next offseason. Matt Moore is a fairly reliable game manager with the capability of making just enough plays to scrape out a win or two here and there. After Jason Campbell, Moore may be a top option for teams looking for #2's on their roster.

Drew Stanton (IND) - In limited playing time, Stanton displayed leadership and enough playmaking skills to warrant serious looks as a back-up. With mobility and the arm talent to make NFL-level throws, he can lead an offense to points. There is definite interest in Stanton around the league after initially signing with the Jets and being traded to the Colts only after their move for Tim Tebow.
    No interest in Flacco at the price he will want.

Matt Moore is solid

No on Stanton.

Campbell- Why is he still in the league?

Tavaris Jackson- See above

Vick- Probably best option (assuming we can't trade for a guy like Rivers or trade up and take a QB early in first round).

Obviously Flacco is the best of the bunch but he will stay in Baltimore and I have zero interest giving him a huge contract.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I don't think 5 teams will even want Vick. He is the most hated man in football still and not many will want that. Your talking maybe 3 teams and sadly we will be one of them. Your talking us, Jax, and what ever team Andy goes to. That is pretty much it. I don't think Philly will want him back at all.
    No one in football hates Michael Vick, they've actually forgiven the guy.

It's the crazed fans that won't allow this guy to return to a normal life.

People won't let up calling him a dog killer while they eat their steaks, sit on their leather couches, and buy those nice fur coats for their wives.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post

People won't let up calling him a dog killer while they eat their steaks, sit on their leather couches, and buy those nice fur coats for their wives.
    You make a valid point.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

The reason for this is because Dogs are used as Pets here.

While the cows, Chickens, pigs, and ducks are used for food.

And the fur coats? I think real fur is now illegal to sell, right? I think it's all fake fur now. Whatever that is....

Anyway, as far as from a football standpoint, I think the Jets would be better off playing McElroy for the entire season and have Woody pay for Mark's salary while he's riding the pine.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If this guy ever became a Jet I would stop being a fan for as long as he played for us. Could never root for a scumbag like him. I'm actually glad the NFL let him back so he could get a few more concussions.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    If this guy ever became a Jet I would stop being a fan for as long as he played for us. Could never root for a scumbag like him. I'm actually glad the NFL let him back so he could get a few more concussions.
    irony.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Forgiveness a side this is a business and no one want a thug felon as face of your billion dollar franchise. Especially if you may be selling that franchise.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Forgiveness a side this is a business and no one want a thug felon as face of your billion dollar franchise. Especially if you may be selling that franchise.
    Nah...hes not reppin thug life i dont think. Vick is all smiley, loving lil kids, etc.

The reason the team shouldnt draft him is because he is not a great QB.

This sucks man.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shuler82;4716136]it's a dumb move, but with Woody Johnson here, it's possible. /QUOTE]

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Call me Clairvoyant:

Jets obtain Vick.

Vick leads Jets to 5-0 start.

Vick gets concussion.

Sanchez blows season.

You heard it here first.
    God damn, this is so Jetsy. Can Vick get hurt by the Patriots? Ideally in garbage time of a game we've already won.

I'm an Alex Smith guy through and through with the quarterbacks available this offseason, I'm just worried he'll cost a high draft pick and that's hardly ever a smart move for a rebuilding team to make.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Would be the first year of my life I didn't cheer for the Jets.
    Agreed. I would root for this franchise to lose until everyone who had anything to do with bringing Vick in here is gone.