Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sanchez deserves this last chance to respond

Sanchez deserves this last chance to respond

He finally got benched. Needed to happen. Now we get to see how he responds. He should go out and have a decent game against a lowly Jacksonville team. If he does anything close to how poorly he has played then he goes back to the bench for the duration of the season. I feel like that is a solid way of handling this.

I personally loved seeing some new life injected into this team with McElroy last week. Made me finally sit up in my chair and get excited. However, I think it needs to be seen how Sanchez will respond.

No he has had 1001 chances and has never really been a quality QB. All that will happen when he has a few non-awful games against lousy teams at the end of the year and will accomplish will be that the jets coach and front office will think he has 'turned the corner' and the sanchpologists will come streaming out of the hidey holes to trumpet how good he can be.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
    He finally got benched. Needed to happen. Now we get to see how he responds. He should go out and have a decent game against a lowly Jacksonville team. If he does anything close to how poorly he has played then he goes back to the bench for the duration of the season. I feel like that is a solid way of handling this.

I personally loved seeing some new life injected into this team with McElroy last week. Made me finally sit up in my chair and get excited. However, I think it needs to be seen how Sanchez will respond.
    Are you kidding?

Getting "benched" for a quarter (A FCKING QUARTER) is not the message he needs to get. Bench him for the remainder of the season - jettison him to another franchise - then we can talk about how "he responds" to "what needed to happen".

An Alex Smith revival is the best case scenario for Mark - and even that didn't last longer than a season and half.

he has had many chances especially 2 afc championship games.

so tommorow he falters to a 2 win team we shelf him for good. so be it.

Hall Of Fame
    Sanchez is done. One game against the worst defense in the NFL isn't going to help him. Only reason why he is playing is b.c he has $$$ owed to him next year. The team being held hostage by that contract. He will not be here in 2014.

4 years later: "Bros, just ONE more chance..."

He's never been sent to the bench. Maybe the guy has lost sight of the opportunity the guy has that's slipping through his hands.

No one has to tell me though, I saw the laughing and bs on the sidelines last season as they lost to the Dolphins. Then this season all of the moping around and looking lost. I hear what everyone is saying. I'm no Sanchez apologist.

I want to see if he comes out re-focused and throws 2-3 td's against the Jaguars. Will it undo all of his failures? not at all but it'll be a nice response following being benched. At one time this guy showed he could get the job done. I want to know if there is any of that left in him somewhere.

If he comes out against the lowly Jaguars and cant produce points following a public humiliation like none hes probably ever faced in his life then I'll say its over. But by no means even if he throws for 400 yards and 4 td's will I automatically believe all is fixed and good. Some might but I wont. It'd be a nice start though.

I don't agree...He was lucky he wasn't benched last year, I think it has been proven he will never be the GUY here...He has missed more than his share of wide open guys and has thrown way more than his share of awful INT's...

After 4 years, he shouldn't need to "have a fire lit under his ass" just to get him to quit turning the ball over. Benching him won't make him suck less.

Like I'm trying to say... He comes out flat against one of the worst (if not worst) teams in the NFL then I'd say its over and done.

I personally would like to see how he responds to that benching. Simple as that. I'm not saying I want to see a full game of the kind of ball hes been playing lately. The leash should be short.

Like I'm trying to say... He comes out flat against one of the worst (if not worst) teams in the NFL then I'd say its over and done.

I personally would like to see how he responds to that benching. Simple as that. I'm not saying I want to see a full game of the kind of ball hes been playing lately. The leash should be short.
    And if he has a good game against one of the worst teams in the NFL then we've got our franchise QB? lol, no. Doesn't matter what happens on Sunday, mate. This guy is trash and needs to be taken out before the garbage man comes.

Like I'm trying to say...
    I personally would like to see how he responds to that benching. He comes out flat against one of the worst (if not worst) teams in the NFL then I'd say its over and done.
    Simple as that. I'm not saying I want to see a full game of the kind of ball hes been playing lately. The leash should be short.
    I think that happened last week...

im all for benching his azz the rest of the season even if we make the playoffs let the pretty boy slacker stand on the sidelines and miserate.

All League
    He deserves absolutely nothing. If there was a better option, he would find himself on the pine picking splinters. There are no other options. It's so freaking obvious.

I'm far from the Sanchez bandwagon. I read that deadspin article on Sanchez and saw the glaring mistakes the guy has made.

I want to see if there is anything passionate about the game of football inside this guy. Cause he has the physical tools. If there is no passion then he is truly DONE. Its over and the Jets better be looking for the next guy.

If a benching does not ignite that then nothing will. Like I said before, maybe Sanchez hasn't stopped long enough to see what hes about to lose. Maybe now he'll refocus.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    And if he has a good game against one of the worst teams in the NFL then we've got our franchise QB? lol, no. Doesn't matter what happens on Sunday, mate. This guy is trash and needs to be taken out before the garbage man comes.
    Yeah, what McGinley said.

He's had plenty of chances. And if he plays well against a pathetic Jaguars team, does that count as "responding"? Please.

I'd like to see some sort of emotion from him. Get pissed, get excited before the game, get pumped... SOMETHING.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Nothing is going to change because the rest of the offense isn't changing either.

Rex brought another QB off the bench to give us a spark, that's all he did. He didn't fix our receivers, running backs, tight ends, or offensive line. We knew we were f-cked coming out of Cortland in July, nothing is changing here in Jacksonville in December.

SAR I