Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 99

Thread: Sanchez deserves this last chance to respond

  1. #21
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Bronx, USA
    Posts
    4,779
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Nothing is going to change because the rest of the offense isn't changing either.

    Rex brought another QB off the bench to give us a spark, that's all he did. He didn't fix our receivers, running backs, tight ends, or offensive line. We knew we were f-cked coming out of Cortland in July, nothing is changing here in Jacksonville in December.

    SAR I
    This is true. This offense was disaster coming out of camp. Everyone who was objective knew it. Keller is worth nothing, the receivers didn't scare, and the backs are pedestrian. They have a lot more to fix than just Sanchez

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Nothing is going to change because the rest of the offense isn't changing either.

    Rex brought another QB off the bench to give us a spark, that's all he did. He didn't fix our receivers, running backs, tight ends, or offensive line. We knew we were f-cked coming out of Cortland in July, nothing is changing here in Jacksonville in December.

    SAR I
    We're going into the game with Kerley, Schillenz, Cumberland and a banged up Stephen Hill

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Nothing is going to change because the rest of the offense isn't changing either.

    Rex brought another QB off the bench to give us a spark, that's all he did. He didn't fix our receivers, running backs, tight ends, or offensive line. We knew we were f-cked coming out of Cortland in July, nothing is changing here in Jacksonville in December.

    SAR I
    I disagree...With a QB just making accurate passes to the guys that are open and not making ghastly mistakes we are at least 7-5, I think Sanchez is shot

  4. #24
    he doesnt even deserve to be the number 2 on this team or maybe any.. Byt yet he feels like he should be starting qb no matter what..

  5. #25
    Jacksonville's defense is too bad for Sanchez to play poorly on Sunday. I don't think Sanchez has what it takes, but to be fair, is there anyone on the team who does?

    http://www.footballperspective.com/e...e-is-to-blame/

    How has Matt Cavanaugh kept his job? What did Rex Ryan see in him from 2009 to 2011 that made him think "that's the man we need as our QB coach in 2012."?

  6. #26
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    15,185
    He desrves to be cut. If this is his LAST chance so be it. Go Mark.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    He desrves to be cut. If this is his LAST chance so be it. Go Mark.
    mark Sanchez.... this is your last opportunity.

    The California kid joins a LONG list of players unable to play under pressure, in the Big City. All the talent, none of the heart.

  8. #28
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jets Stadium Section 246
    Posts
    36,865
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
    Sanchez deserves this last chance to respond
    This thread could also be called...

    Florida Jets fans deserve one last chance to boo Sanchez

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    This thread could also be called...

    Florida Jets fans deserve one last chance to boo Sanchez
    Let's not limit this to just Florida, now.

  10. #30
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    2,556
    How many opportunities should he get? He had 4 years to prove his worth. Forget the 4 playoff games. While he produced and played well in those, the other 60+ games have been overall below average. In 4 years in the regular season he has 88 TO's. He sits behind only Phillip Rivers in TO's since 2009 and thats only by 1 TO .

    Whats striking to me is that a lot of his turnovers have come in the redzone. In 4 years he hasn't learned the value of points by turning over the ball in the redzone.

    In his first two years he had a top 5 Offensive Line with decent offensive weapons and he still had 46 TO's. Phillip Rivers has never had the offensive lines that Sanchez had in his first two years and has 1 less TO.

    Sanchez has had ample time to produce enough evidence that he should be a starting QB in the NFL. He may start next year but that's strictly because of his guaranteed contract and no other reason. In fact if it wasn't for his contract he would've been benched a long while ago.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfootballguy View Post
    Jacksonville's defense is too bad for Sanchez to play poorly on Sunday. I don't think Sanchez has what it takes, but to be fair, is there anyone on the team who does?

    http://www.footballperspective.com/e...e-is-to-blame/

    How has Matt Cavanaugh kept his job? What did Rex Ryan see in him from 2009 to 2011 that made him think "that's the man we need as our QB coach in 2012."?
    The Jets were desperately trying to get rid of Cavanaugh in the offseason. They couldn't find anyone else to take the job, though.

    Can't blame Rex for that one.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
    He finally got benched. Needed to happen. Now we get to see how he responds. He should go out and have a decent game against a lowly Jacksonville team. If he does anything close to how poorly he has played then he goes back to the bench for the duration of the season. I feel like that is a solid way of handling this.

    I personally loved seeing some new life injected into this team with McElroy last week. Made me finally sit up in my chair and get excited. However, I think it needs to be seen how Sanchez will respond.
    No it does not. Sanchez is a proven failure and a bottom 3 QB in the entire NFL

  13. #33
    If I had my way, McElroy would've been starting following the disaster against the Dolphins.

    Unfortunately, when $$$$$ is involved(Thanks again, Tanny....YOU MORON!), there's nothing to do but play Mark Sanchez. FML.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    No it does not. Sanchez is a proven failure and a bottom 3 QB in the entire NFL
    Correct. I supported Sanchez up until a few weeks ago. 65 games started (including playoffs) is enough to know what he is. He sucks.

    Can a Sanchez supporter name ONE thing he does well?

    And you know Sanchez sucks when even sg3 can see it.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    Correct. I supported Sanchez up until a few weeks ago. 65 games started (including playoffs) is enough to know what he is. He sucks.

    Can a Sanchez supporter name ONE thing he does well?

    And you know Sanchez sucks when even sg3 can see it.
    sg3 explosion coming your direction in...


    3.....



    2........



    1.............

  16. #36
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,868
    Quote Originally Posted by BrickHouse View Post
    How many opportunities should he get? He had 4 years to prove his worth. Forget the 4 playoff games. While he produced and played well in those, the other 60+ games have been overall below average. In 4 years in the regular season he has 88 TO's. He sits behind only Phillip Rivers in TO's since 2009 and thats only by 1 TO .

    Whats striking to me is that a lot of his turnovers have come in the redzone. In 4 years he hasn't learned the value of points by turning over the ball in the redzone.

    In his first two years he had a top 5 Offensive Line with decent offensive weapons and he still had 46 TO's. Phillip Rivers has never had the offensive lines that Sanchez had in his first two years and has 1 less TO.

    Sanchez has had ample time to produce enough evidence that he should be a starting QB in the NFL. He may start next year but that's strictly because of his guaranteed contract and no other reason. In fact if it wasn't for his contract he would've been benched a long while ago.
    Why everyone thinks he is starting because of his contract, I'll will never understand. The better QB will play. Plain and simple. The other 2 qb's are not as good as Sanchez. Yes, that is hard to believe, but it's true. If the jets had a capable QB, then he would be starting. Stop trying to read into **** that just isn't there. It is completely ridiculous to think that just because he is making X amount of $$$$ that entitles him to start. There are no favorites either. I swear I feel like im surrounded by a bunch of conspiracy theorists female football fans.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Why everyone thinks he is starting because of his contract, I'll will never understand.
    Listen, laughing-boy(), this is the JETS.


    Of course Mark will start because of his contract. It's how this franchise rolls, you know.



    Never expect any LOGIC where you'd expect it to be expected. Did you expect THAT?

  18. #38
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,868
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Listen, laughing-boy(), this is the JETS.


    Of course Mark will start because of his contract. It's how this franchise rolls, you know.



    Never expect any LOGIC where you'd expect it to be expected. Did you expect THAT?
    That whole logic is just nuts to me

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    That whole logic is just nuts to me
    Indeed. Sanchez is starting because Wrecks is a herp derp durrrrrrrrrr, not because of his contract.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    The Jets were desperately trying to get rid of Cavanaugh in the offseason. They couldn't find anyone else to take the job, though.

    Can't blame Rex for that one.
    That has to be sheer and utter nonsense. They probably had a couple of guys in mind who ddid not want the job but to say no one wanted it is foolish. All it means is that our front office was as usual too busy chasing rainbows than to do the little things that matter.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us