Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sanchez deserves this last chance to respond

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    That has to be sheer and utter nonsense. They probably had a couple of guys in mind who ddid not want the job but to say no one wanted it is foolish. All it means is that our front office was as usual too busy chasing rainbows than to do the little things that matter.
    No, it's not sheer and utter nonsense. Let me put it this way: The Jets wanted a new QB coach badly and would have taken almost anyone over Cavanaugh, yet they couldn't give the damn job away. That's pretty awful.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Indeed. Sanchez is starting because Wrecks is a herp derp durrrrrrrrrr, not because of his contract.
    This rubbish I can't understand

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Are you kidding?

Getting "benched" for a quarter (A FCKING QUARTER) is not the message he needs to get. Bench him for the remainder of the season - jettison him to another franchise - then we can talk about how "he responds" to "what needed to happen".

An Alex Smith revival is the best case scenario for Mark - and even that didn't last longer than a season and half.
    Have to agree here. If Sanchez didn't get the message before this he is the slowest QB ever. At this point I just want him to blow up in an interview like Leif did just so I at least know he cares he sucks.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BrickHouse View Post
    How many opportunities should he get? He had 4 years to prove his worth. Forget the 4 playoff games. While he produced and played well in those, the other 60+ games have been overall below average. In 4 years in the regular season he has 88 TO's. He sits behind only Phillip Rivers in TO's since 2009 and thats only by 1 TO .

Whats striking to me is that a lot of his turnovers have come in the redzone. In 4 years he hasn't learned the value of points by turning over the ball in the redzone.

In his first two years he had a top 5 Offensive Line with decent offensive weapons and he still had 46 TO's. Phillip Rivers has never had the offensive lines that Sanchez had in his first two years and has 1 less TO.

Sanchez has had ample time to produce enough evidence that he should be a starting QB in the NFL. He may start next year but that's strictly because of his guaranteed contract and no other reason. In fact if it wasn't for his contract he would've been benched a long while ago.
    Except last year, when they were #1 in the league in redzone TD's.

Interesting how you remove a redzone threat in Plaxico, or Braylon prior to that... and his numbers plummet.

Maybe that whole not surrounding him with any talent theory actually holds some sort of credibility.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    Except last year, when they were #1 in the league in redzone TD's.

Interesting how you remove a redzone threat in Plaxico, or Braylon prior to that... and his numbers plummet.

Maybe that whole not surrounding him with any talent theory actually holds some sort of credibility.
    Franchise QBs are supposed to elevate the play of the players around them. Cantchez doesn't do that.

Also, those RZ numbers are most likely skewed since we rarely got into the RZ last year. If you only get into the RZ 3 times all season and you scored on each trip, you're 100% accurate in the RZ.

Issue you see a lot with Sanchez in the RZ isn't due to the level of talent around him. Can't blame his receivers for HIM turning the ball over.

If Sanchez could see the entire field and actually make a second read once in awhile, he might be more successful. As it stands, he can't and doesn't.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Franchise QBs are supposed to elevate the play of the players around them. Cantchez doesn't do that.

Also, those RZ numbers are most likely skewed since we rarely got into the RZ last year. If you only get into the RZ 3 times all season and you scored on each trip, you're 100% accurate in the RZ.

Issue you see a lot with Sanchez in the RZ isn't due to the level of talent around him. Can't blame his receivers for HIM turning the ball over.

If Sanchez could see the entire field and actually make a second read once in awhile, he might be more successful. As it stands, he can't and doesn't.
    Jets were 10th in the league last year in TD's scored. I wouldn't consider that rare.

Montana in his prime wouldn't be able to elevate the play of Clyde Gates, Chaz Schillens and company.

Has Sanchez made boneheaded mistakes? Absolutely. But when you have garbage receivers running garbage routes, what if Mark puts a ball where it's supposed to be on a timing route but the WR never gets there? INT. Looks like Mark's fault, but is it? What if a WR runs a lazy route and a DB undercuts him and grabs the pick? Mark's fault, sure... partially.

In theory, if we keep talking about Sanchez elevating the play of others.. shouldn't we also be able to say that Gates or Schillens should be able to elevate Mark's play in return? Of course not, because they're garbage. But let's keep blaming Mark.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets were 10th in the league last year in TD's scored. I wouldn't consider that rare.
    TDs can only be scored in the redzone now. Interesting.

Montana in his prime wouldn't be able to elevate the play of Clyde Gates, Chaz Schillens and company.

Has Sanchez made boneheaded mistakes? Absolutely. But when you have garbage receivers running garbage routes, what if Mark puts a ball where it's supposed to be on a timing route but the WR never gets there? INT. Looks like Mark's fault, but is it? What if a WR runs a lazy route and a DB undercuts him and grabs the pick? Mark's fault, sure... partially.

In theory, if we keep talking about Sanchez elevating the play of others.. shouldn't we also be able to say that Gates or Schillens should be able to elevate Mark's play in return? Of course not, because they're garbage. But let's keep blaming Mark.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
    I'm far from the Sanchez bandwagon. I read that deadspin article on Sanchez and saw the glaring mistakes the guy has made.

I want to see if there is anything passionate about the game of football inside this guy. Cause he has the physical tools. If there is no passion then he is truly DONE. Its over and the Jets better be looking for the next guy.

If a benching does not ignite that then nothing will. Like I said before, maybe Sanchez hasn't stopped long enough to see what hes about to lose. Maybe now he'll refocus.
    I don't think anyone can say that Mark Sanchez doesn't care.

It's just that he at least looks like he channels his emotions the way you'd expect a normal guy to act like when things go wrong; that sulking, pouting, terrible body language stuff is normal for real life, it's just not normal for football where you're supposed to be a leader of men and millions of people are watching you.

I think there's a player in there somewhere, but unfortunately the track record of first round "bust" QBs actually having good careers after flaming out in the first place probably isn't there in the numbers. For Dilfer and Collins I think there are a lot more Leafs, Russells, Harringtons, etc.

Because of the kind of personality he is I don't think he can "Alex Smith it." I think he needs to leave, and he needs to play in a small market. This place is poisonous for his career, between the media, the nightlife and the coach who gives him only treats and no punishments he's not going to make it here.
    Last edited by Ciaran; 12-08-2012 at 11:53 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have ZERO idea why, but im rooting hard for Mark tomorrow.

GO JETS DAMN IT!!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    TDs can only be scored in the redzone now. Interesting.
    Are you implying we were scoring on 20+ yard plays last season?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Are you implying we were scoring on 20+ yard plays last season?

Dare I?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez deserves nothing other than being cut. Unfortunately, the pu$$y is due to steal a bunch more of Woody's money before that can happen.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes. You're exactly right.

Actually, the ghost of Santonio Holmes made the ball fly out of Sanchez' hand on the first play of the Cardinals game and right into the hand of Kerry Rhodes.

Damn receivers.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
    He finally got benched. Needed to happen. Now we get to see how he responds. He should go out and have a decent game against a lowly Jacksonville team. If he does anything close to how poorly he has played then he goes back to the bench for the duration of the season. I feel like that is a solid way of handling this.

I personally loved seeing some new life injected into this team with McElroy last week. Made me finally sit up in my chair and get excited. However, I think it needs to be seen how Sanchez will respond.
    Nope!! I don't care if Sanchez throws for 6TD's, 500 yards and 90% comp. He still sucks and Jax sucks.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Good points.

Remember, when you're talking to McGinley you're talking to a 20 year old college kid who wouldn't know a garbage Jets quarterback if it hit him in the face.

By the time he was old enough to comprehend the NFL, say 11 years old, it was 2004 and we still had some hope for Chad Pennington before sliding into Brett Favre. He never saw Ken O'Brien, Richard Todd, Boomer Esiason, Browning Nagle, Neil O'Donnell or any of the other awful quarterbacks who couldn't win a single 4th quarter comeback let alone two road playoff games.

To McGinley, the Jets have always been a 10-6 team with a healthy quarterback, heck, we get better every time we dump a head coach or a quarterback, might as well dump Mark Sanchez too. Must be nice to have a Jets history that stretches back a whopping 8 years. That's all these young kids know- and we can't blame them because we've been incredibly fortunate in this regard. Until now.

They don't realize that Mark Sanchez is the closest thing we've had to a bonafide franchise quarterback since 1971 and thus you don't throw him away after 2 rough seasons where it's clear he's had no support. Sanchez is worth another look under a new HC and a new GM with a set of decent skill players because of the promise he showed in his first 2 seasons. Simple as that.

SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 12-09-2012 at 01:08 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Good points.

Remember, when you're talking to McGinley you're talking to a 20 year old college kid who wouldn't know a garbage Jets quarterback if it hit him in the face.

By the time he was old enough to comprehend the NFL, say 11 years old, it was 2004 and we still had some hope for Chad Pennington before sliding into Brett Favre. He never saw Ken O'Brien, Richard Todd, Boomer Esiason, Browning Nagle, Neil O'Donnell or any of the other awful quarterbacks who couldn't win a single 4th quarter comeback let alone two road playoff games.

To McGinley, the Jets have always been a 10-6 team with a healthy quarterback, heck, we get better every time we dump a head coach or a quarterback, might as well dump Mark Sanchez too. Must be nice to have a Jets history that stretches back a whopping 8 years. That's all these young kids know- and we can't blame them because we've been incredibly fortunate in this regard. Until now.

SAR I
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN-znPIBxes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1hg7Jfg6T4

Pretty much sums up Sanchez rather nicely, SAR. Keep up the false hope in the Cantchize, doe.

You DO realize that if Intchez would just stop turning the ball over then I'd be fine with him, right? You forget that I was in support of him throughout a good part of the season. But, after watching him fail again and again because of HIS stupid decisions, I decided it was enough. There is no reason to have hope in Lolchez, SAR. The sooner you accept this, the easier it'll be.
    Last edited by McGinley; 12-09-2012 at 01:13 AM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Bandit View Post
    Yes. You're exactly right.

Actually, the ghost of Santonio Holmes made the ball fly out of Sanchez' hand on the first play of the Cardinals game and right into the hand of Kerry Rhodes.

Damn receivers.
    Hahahaha I love it! Sometimes you just gotta laugh.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty much sums up Sanchez rather nicely, SAR. Keep up the false hope in the Cantchize, doe.
    Listen, kid, you occasionally make good arguments in between the immature personal attacks, but you don't know what you're talking about when it comes to Mark Sanchez.

A franchise quarterback can have a shelf-life of 10 years. Mark Sanchez had 2 very good years as a straight-up rookie followed by 1 mediocre year and 1 very bad year. A college kid might make a line graph that shows a falling red line and declare "ah ha!" like he's found something, but all you've found out is that when you take a 24 year old quarterback's receivers, linemen, and running backs away he's going to look really bad.

It's not your fault you are the way you are. You only know the Jets for the past 8 years, since your 12th birthday. And since then, you've seen 3 playoff appearances and only 2 losing seasons, both of which were because of a devastating QB injury. You only know the Jets as an elite team, a team that was averaging 10 wins a season with a healthy quarterback your whole life. You were 5 years old when Rich Kotite left town.

You have no idea how hard it is to find a good quarterback and why you can't dump a guy who once showed such promise and now shares a locker room with a terrible HC, awful OC, inconsistent OL, nobody WR's, an injured TE, and a disappearing RB.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Listen, kid, you occasionally make good arguments in between the immature personal attacks, but you don't know what you're talking about when it comes to Mark Sanchez.

A franchise quarterback can have a shelf-life of 10 years. Mark Sanchez had 2 very good years as a straight-up rookie followed by 1 mediocre year and 1 very bad year. A college kid might make a line graph that shows a falling red line and declare "ah ha!" like he's found something, but all you've found out is that when you take a 24 year old quarterback's receivers, linemen, and running backs away he's going to look really bad.

It's not your fault you are the way you are. You only know the Jets for the past 8 years, since your 12th birthday. And since then, you've seen 3 playoff appearances and only 2 losing seasons, both of which were because of a devastating QB injury. You only know the Jets as an elite team, a team that was averaging 10 wins a season with a healthy quarterback your whole life. You were 5 years old when Rich Kotite left town.

You have no idea how hard it is to find a good quarterback and why you can't dump a guy who once showed such promise and now shares a locker room with a terrible HC, awful OC, inconsistent OL, nobody WR's, an injured TE, and a disappearing RB.

SAR I
    Wait, are you being serious? Oh, SAR...really? That's reaching, mate.

Mark 2009: 53.8 CMP%, 2,444 PASS YDS, 12 TD/20 INT, 31.6 QBR.
    Mark 2010: 54.8 CMP%, 3,291 PASS YDS, 17 TD/13 INT, 48.0 QBR.

Fast forward to 2012 for Mark so far: 55.0 CMP%, 2,436 PASS YDS, 12 TD/13 INT, 28.4 QBR.

Some franchise QB.

You are right about my age and lack of hardship. Of course the fans from yesteryears will have seen more heartache and suffering. Still, it doesn't dispute the fact that Sanchez IS a bad QB. Seeing worse in years past doesn't nullify what we have in front of us right now, SAR.
    Last edited by McGinley; 12-09-2012 at 01:33 AM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Indeed. Sanchez is starting because Wrecks is a herp derp durrrrrrrrrr, not because of his contract.
    Mind of Mencia?