Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Sanchez deserves this last chance to respond

Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy View Post
    Mind of Mencia?
    Man of La Mancha.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Man of La Mancha.
    Could call Rex the Man of La Muncha. Amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Could call Rex the Man of La Muncha. Amirite?
    Sounds tasty.

Bet it consists of a GODDAMN SNACK, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Sounds tasty.

Bet it consists of a GODDAMN SNACK, too.
    Boy, I'll cut your snack right on the damn field. WestCoastOffensive is RUTHLESS, man.

Jets Insider VIP
    I've defended Sanchez since he got here and for his first two seasons and three quarters of his third it was the right thing to do

But he's "led" the Jets to a 5-10 record since then and is currently ranked as the number 32 quarterback in the NFL.

His performance is no longer defensible in any way and he should have been demoted to Greg McElroy' s backup for the rest of this season and because he is unwaivable until 2014 told that he'll get as chance to compete with Greg and whoever else is signed or drafted for the starting job next summer

Based on recent performance the only quarterbacks he could beat out are Ryan Lindley, Tyler Palko, Jamarcus Russell, Ryan Leaf and the worst NFL quarterback EVER....Tim Teblow.

It's most amazingly really that there are still one or maybe more posters here still defending Sanchez and blaming the coaches, the receivers, the line, the waterboys and everyrbody else, yet still claiming to be "realists".

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    I've defended Sanchez since he got here and for his first two seasons and three quarters of his third it was the right thing to do

But he's "led" the Jets to a 5-10 record since then and is currently ranked as the number 32 quarterback in the NFL.

His performance is no longer defensible in any way and he should have been demoted to Greg McElroy' s backup for the rest of this season and because he is unwaivable until 2014 told that he'll get as chance to compete with Greg and whoever else is signed or drafted for the starting job next summer

Based on recent performance the only quarterbacks he could beat out are Ryan Lindley, Tyler Palko, Jamarcus Russell, Ryan Leaf and the worst NFL quarterback EVER....Tim Teblow.

It's most amazingly really that there are still one or maybe more posters here still defending Sanchez and blaming the coaches, the receivers, the line, the waterboys and everyrbody else, yet still claiming to be "realists".

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

I guess this means your "Sanchez will deliver us 2 SB's" prediction is retracted.

OK, it's time for my one Tebow a day post --- you DO understand that most Jets fans denigrate TEBOW for making 4th quarter comebacks, right? So when Sanchez makes 4th quarter comebacks, he's an awesome QB, but when Tebow does it, he sucks? You can't have it both ways. Just sayin'.

Come on, McGinley, Mencia sucked because he ripped everybody off, but he did say "dee-dee-dee" which is kinda like Derp. But then again Derp reminds me of Narp and Yarp from Hot Fuzz
    Tim Tebow is a novelty, The Monkees of the football world.

I rarely comment on him because he is a joke. Not sure what you mean by "can't have it both ways" when I could care less about him at all.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    That whole logic is just nuts to me

What if Sanchez's backups have performance clauses and would get bigger money if they got X amount of snaps? Would it make sense then to keep Sanchez in there due to salary?
    Last edited by Pats1960; 12-09-2012 at 08:30 AM.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    What if Sanchez's backups have performance clauses and would get bigger money if they got X amount of snaps? Would it make sense then to keep Sanchez in there due to salary?
    So you are saying that this organization would rather save money than win? I don't buy it for a single second. They are there to win.

if we arent beating this 2 win team decisively by halftime with sanchez in i say we cut him during intermission.

Sanchez deserves to play because he is the best we have. That is an indictment of our GM and coaching staff who drafted a QB with with no plan on how to develop him. Bad draft pick even worse plan on what to do to develop him.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    So you are saying that this organization would rather save money than win? I don't buy it for a single second. They are there to win.
    Facts:

- This season is over.

- Mark Sanchez will be our quarterback next season.

- Chaz Schillens, Jeremy Kerley, and Stephen Hill will be on our team next season.

The best thing for the future of this franchise is to give these four guys as much in-game full-speed work as possible so they can start to develop a chemistry together. Consider these last four games as a mini-camp, suddenly makes a lot of sense why Tebow and McElroy ride the pine.

SAR I

Sanchez will play because the Jets need to try and get rid of him in the offseason, the only way they can do that is to let him play and hope he doesn't suck the rest of the way. Maybe a team like the Cardinals will take a flyer on him and pick up half his salary in the offseason. The Jets would have to eat half his salary but at least not all of it. Fortunately the rest of the Jets opponents are weak so it's very possible Sanchez plays well. Lets hope this happens so the Jets can find a new home for him in 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Sanchez will play because the Jets need to try and get rid of him in the offseason, the only way they can do that is to let him play and hope he doesn't suck the rest of the way. Maybe a team like the Cardinals will take a flyer on him and pick up half his salary in the offseason. The Jets would have to eat half his salary but at least not all of it. Fortunately the rest of the Jets opponents are weak so it's very possible Sanchez plays well. Lets hope this happens so the Jets can find a new home for him in 2013.
    I like that thinking, except I don't want Mr T or Rex here either

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Last chance, comical.

Nope

For some people benching would be a motivational thing. I don't see that being the case with Sanchez. He already lacked confidence and I think that his being benched last week will be the biggest thing on his mind today. He is just not very mentally tough as evidence just look at the last four years. I expect even against a piss poor team like today he will be horrible, maybe worse than he has been yet due to his mindset being that he is just a bad play away from more failure. I would be willing to bet we somebody else in the game before it is over. And believe me at this point I think that is the best thing. He is done.

Quote Originally Posted by marano View Post
    For some people benching would be a motivational thing. I don't see that being the case with Sanchez. He already lacked confidence and I think that his being benched last week will be the biggest thing on his mind today. He is just not very mentally tough as evidence just look at the last four years. I expect even against a piss poor team like today he will be horrible, maybe worse than he has been yet due to his mindset being that he is just a bad play away from more failure. I would be willing to bet we somebody else in the game before it is over. And believe me at this point I think that is the best thing. He is done.
    Look at our coaching staff the last four years. Do you really think we had a plan to develop a QB? This staff would have turned Payton Manning and Dan Marino into turds. Sanchez ain't those guys but he is a turd at this point. He might have just been an average QB with a decent management team.

Come on, McGinley, Mencia sucked because he ripped everybody off, but he did say "dee-dee-dee" which is kinda like Derp. But then again Derp reminds me of Narp and Yarp from Hot Fuzz
    Carlos Mencia is just a terrible comedian in general.

Takes jokes and repackages them with a Mexican accent

All League
    sanchez has had 4 years to prove himself, he doesnt deserve ****