Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bigger Disasters than our Jets

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets are 5-7 after losing their two best players and shooting themselves in the foot with Tim Tebow. If they are a disaster they're not a very good one.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    None of those teams mentioned had been to the Championship Game two years straight(aside from Philly but that city blows anyway. It`s only there for those travelling from Boston-NY to DC to deficate and urinate in, otherwise Philly wouldn`t be at all). The Jets have. Yes, it was two seasons ago. Amazingly the Jets are worlds away from that position yet again. None of those teams share the worst $1.6 BILLION DOLLAR stadium either. They suck, and they suck in their own house with their own fans, which the Jets don`t even have that many old fans anymore. It`s a whole new house with these Jets. Only thing I can say is, all the new fans will hopefully go through what the older fans had to go through, which means another 43 years of crap football.

*rant over*

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    If it makes anyone feel any better I would put all of these teams down as bigger disappointments than us yet we are bashed more than all of them put together:

Kansas City
    Oakland
    San Diego
    Buffalo
    Philadelphia
    Detroit
    Carolina
    Arizona

Anyone have any thoughts on this?
    Kansas City Agree
    Oakland Agree
    San Diego Disagree
    Buffalo Disagree, well, maybe agree a little LOL
    Philadelphia agree
    Detroit agree 1000%
    Carolina eh maybe, ok yeah
    Arizona agree

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bigger Disasters than our Jets

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If it makes anyone feel any better I would put all of these teams down as bigger disappointments than us yet we are bashed more than all of them put together:

Kansas City

Oakland

San Diego

Buffalo

Philadelphia

Detroit

Carolina

Arizona

Dallas

New Orleans

Boston Red Sox 2012 (Thanks AFCEastfan)

The 2012 Jets bashed more than the 2012 Red Sox? Sorry, but no. I'm a fan of both teams and to say the Jets are bashed more than the Sox? Absolutely not. Think about it...the Sox had a MUCH worse skipper than the Jets have a coach. Both were outspoken, but Rex isn't throwing anyone under the bus like Bobby D-Bag did. Not even close. The expectations for the Sox were MUCH higher than the Jets.

It's not even close to funny how identical these two franchises are.

Clueless owners who care more about $$$ than winning games.
    Owners who care more about making the papers than putting a deserved product on the field.
    Highest ticket prices for less than stellar product.
    High media profile and local media who LOVES to cause sh!t for their team.
    Incompetent GM's.
    Coaches who are windbags that don't know when to put up or shut up, know when to hold em and when to fold em.
    Players that are not "team" guys and players who vastly overrate themselves and their importance to said team.
    Have the uncanny ability to continuously break the heart of their fanbases and always seem to find new, and interesting, ways to lose games.

It's a wonder I'm still kicking after following both teams the way I do.

Also, I forgot to add that the miserable Red Sox season was a half a year long. 162 games of, mostly, misery. Much more time for the media to harp on, make fun of, nitpick, etc. Luckily, the Jets season is only 4 months and 16 games. Feels longer than that, though.
    Last edited by Irish Pride; 12-08-2012 at 11:39 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I don't care about the other teams. Because they suck or make bad decisions it doesn't make the jets plight better.

Just as I didn't care about all the other QB's in the league when the Sandefenders would trot out their names to try and make 'Mark' look better.

****ty lousy teams look for worse teams to make themselves feel better.

Winners and prospective champions look at themselves with the most critical eye and try to get better to the point of winning.
    Dude, why are you a jets fan? Don't you get it? It's the Jets! You should switch to the Pats.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Kansas City
    Oakland
    San Diego
    Buffalo
    Philadelphia
    Detroit
    Carolina
    Arizona

So we are not the bottom 25 percent but we are in the bottom 20 percent. Great, I feel like pounding my chest.

BTW...BUFF and Miami could actually finish ahead of us. Dont think they will but is possible.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Jets are 5-7 after losing their two best players and shooting themselves in the foot with Tim Tebow. If they are a disaster they're not a very good one.
    So your saying we suck at sucking?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Before the season none of the so called experts picked the Jets to go to the playoffs and apparently they were right. The Jets were not expected to be very good and they are not. The thing is we fans thought that they would be pretty good. I thought the Jets would win 10 to 11 games . Injuries and poor quarterback play has blown my prediction out of the water. I honestly don't think this Jet team is that far away but we have to somehow someway get a better QB. Management needs to quit worrying about Sanchez and his 8 million sitting on the bench if that's what it takes. Every team has a high paid player that was a mistake. Get over it and move on. Draft another receiver and maybe a linebacker/pass rusher and a speed back and somehow get a decent QB and this Jet team is back in the playoffs. Yes all those other teams except maybe Oakland were supposed to be better than they are but I'm worried about our Jets.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I feel much better knowing I waste up to 10 hours a week watching the crappy product the NFL has sold to the nation. My team sucks but it doesn't suck enough to make me feel really bad because my misery has company.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is not just the record, but they way they lost the games. The jets don't have a "wait until next year" as they don't have a young qb learning the game, or a young team. And please don't complain about the media, when you consider the media a draw when attracting players in FA also.

There is no valid "evidence" (extra draft picks, top 10 pick, money to spend in FA) that the team will be better next year than this year. Will Revis and Holmes (who both may be gone in 2014) be enough to balance the the potential loss of 4 oline-man, 4 lb, and both safeties, Both TEs and the RB and 2 dlineman. . will Cro have another career year?

Jet fans can hope than tanny again starts drafting players that have an impact, they can hope that Rex finally develops a late rd pick besides Kerley,
    They can hope that Holmes finally thinks of the team before himself, and hope that Revis will show some loyalty to the team. But there has been no evidence that any of those things will take place.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    It is not just the record, but they way they lost the games. The jets don't have a "wait until next year" as they don't have a young qb learning the game, or a young team. And please don't complain about the media, when you consider the media a draw when attracting players in FA also.

There is no valid "evidence" (extra draft picks, top 10 pick, money to spend in FA) that the team will be better next year than this year. Will Revis and Holmes (who both may be gone in 2014) be enough to balance the the potential loss of 4 oline-man, 4 lb, and both safeties, Both TEs and the RB and 2 dlineman. . will Cro have another career year?

Jet fans can hope than tanny again starts drafting players that have an impact, they can hope that Rex finally develops a late rd pick besides Kerley,
    They can hope that Holmes finally thinks of the team before himself, and hope that Revis will show some loyalty to the team. But there has been no evidence that any of those things will take place.
    Shaddup....we don't care about a Patsie fan's opinion

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I get it that there are teams that are currently in worse shape than we are. I think those of us that are concerned with the path the Jets are on is simple. Most of the teams mentioned, will have new coaches and new QBs, new philosophies, and have legitimate chances of improving in 2013 and beyond. Sure there are no guarantees.

The Jets will have the same starting QB, which probably means the entire coasching staff stays intact. We have limitations due to the salary cap. So IMO, unless Sanchez shows miraculous growth next season, we haven't hit rock bottom yet.

I love Rex even with his faults, but as long as we have the same Brain Trust making the same type of short-sighted decisions, this team's ceiling isn't where we want it to be. And the floor will be bottom 5 teams.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bigger disaster than the Jets:

Pearl Harbor
    Normandy
    9/11