Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dallas NT Josh Brent kills teammate in drunk driving accident

Dallas NT Josh Brent kills teammate in drunk driving accident

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
    I can also confirm. Awful RT @Matt_Barrie: Can confirm, Josh Brent was driving car involved in a fatal accident that killed Jerry Brown Jr.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
    Irving PD confirms that Cowboys DT Josh Brent -- known as Joshua Price-Brent -- is being procesed on intoxication manslaughter charge
    Last edited by McGinley; 12-08-2012 at 03:41 PM.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
    RT @newyscruggs: Per Irving PD report #Cowboys NT Josh Brent was drunk, speeding & flipped his car, killing passenger/teammate Jerry Brown

All Pro
    Terrible news...

Veteran
    Last week Belcher and now this. It's a curse over this season.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Green + White View Post
    Last week Belcher and now this. It's a curse over this season.
    People die every day.

The shame is that Brent survived and Brown didn't.

All Pro
    IBTL!

Don't drink and drive. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    People die every day.

The shame is that Brent survived and Brown didn't.
    Indeed. Though, kind of odd that well-known people's deaths are seen as more tragic than any of the rest.

All Pro
    Jerry Brown was apparently about to become a father according to his facebook site... wow...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Indeed. Though, kind of odd that well-known people's deaths are seen as more tragic than any of the rest.
    That's how it's always been. Such is society.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    That's how it's always been. Such is society.
    Perhaps it's the familiarity of the person? Like, you hear about them all the time so you know more about them than you do any randy stranger.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

RIP & RIJ

Perhaps it's the familiarity of the person? Like, you hear about them all the time so you THINK know more about them than you do any randy stranger.
    Fixed. Unless you know a famous person on an personal level, never ever delude yourself into thinking you know anything about that person. (And that's a general point, not directed to you McG)

JACKSONVILLE – The Jacksonville Sharks organization mourns the loss of former Shark defensive lineman Jerry Brown, who was tragically killed in an auto accident in Irving, Texas early Saturday morning. He was 25.

“We are extremely saddened by the passing of Jerry Brown, Jr. earlier today,” Sharks managing partner Jeff Bouchy said. “Our deepest sympathies go out to his family and friends. Jerry was a beloved Shark, and all who knew him in our organization loved him. He will be sorely missed.”

“Jerry was a great player, teammate and champion,” Sharks Head Coach Les Moss said. “He made the most of his time with the Sharks and reached the goal of all AFL players by making it to the NFL. This is a truly sad and tragic loss of life for a young man whose best days were ahead of him. Our thoughts and prayers go out to all his family and teammates who knew and loved him for the great person he was.”

Brown played a significant role on the Sharks’ ArenaBowl-winning team in 2011, ranking tied for second on the team with six sacks and third among Shark defenders with tackles for loss. He began the 2012 season with the San Antonio Talons before joining the Indianapolis Colts. He was elevated to the Colts’ active roster for one game in October, and then signed with the Cowboys’ practice squad October 24. Brown was a native of St. Louis, Missouri and played college football at Illinois.

Quote Originally Posted by Down, Set, Haiku View Post
    Fixed. Unless you know a famous person on an personal level, never ever delude yourself into thinking you know anything about that person. (And that's a general point, not directed to you McG)
    Not what I was saying. What I meant was that, in some small sort of way, you would be more familiar with and know a bit more about someone you hear about all the time as opposed to someone you didn't even know existed. Not anything huge, either.

For example: I know Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez broke up, I know that Demi Levato (spellcheck?) used to cut herself, etc. I have NO clue what you mothers name is, Haiku. I have no clue if she's alive and well or otherwise.

All I mean is that you have some sense of someone that you hear about all the time than you do someone you don't.
    Last edited by McGinley; 12-08-2012 at 05:13 PM.

Not what I was saying. What I meant was that, in some small sort of way, you would be more familiar with and know a bit more about someone you hear about all the time as opposed to someone you didn't even know existed. Not anything huge, either.

For example: I know Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez broke up, I know that Demi Levato (spellcheck?) used to cut herself, etc. I have NO clue what you mothers name is, Haiku. I have no clue if she's alive and well or otherwise.

All I mean is that you have some sense of someone that you hear about all the time than you do someone you don't.
    We're just arguing semantics. That you know about the tid-bits highlighted above, unless you are the parent of a 12 year old girl, or are in fact a 12 year old girl, well, that's just unfortunate

Hall Of Fame
    Very, very sad. Drunk driving is an epidemic.

Ask Costas if we should we ban alcohol or cars? There is no cure for stupidity, can't make laws to protect people from making stupid decisions.

I wonder if this will affect the line for the Bengals game.

Quote Originally Posted by Down, Set, Haiku View Post
    We're just arguing semantics. That you know about the tid-bits highlighted above, unless you are the parent of a 12 year old girl, or are in fact a 12 year old girl, well, that's just unfortunate
    I'm a 20 year old male and I love Selena's music. Come at me, bro. lol.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Very, very sad. Drunk driving is an epidemic.

Ask Costas if we should we ban alcohol or cars? There is no cure for stupidity, can't make laws to protect people from making stupid decisions.
    Apparently Brent had a serious drinking problem... which many people underestimate as not being a disease...