View Poll Results: Who comes out victorious?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jets

22 34.92%
  • Jaguars

11 17.46%
  • Who cares?

26 41.27%
  • I care, yuh friggin bastid!

4 6.35%
Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Jets Vs. Jaguars Week 14

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Jets Vs. Jaguars Week 14

The New York Jets (5-7) will play the Jacksonville Jaguars (2-10) this coming Sunday afternoon, at Everbank Field from Jacksonville, FL.

Game starts at 1:00 pm on CBS (TV) and WEPN (Radio).

Jets favorites over Jaguars.

Spread is -2.5 points.

My pick is the Jaguars.

Jets head coach Rex Ryan has named Mark Sanchez to start at quarterback this weekend which doesnít make Jets fans too happy hearing that news.

Although Mark Sanchez does give the Jets a best chance to win, even though I donít think he can lead the promise land by himself unless he had talent around him. But if Mark Sanchez wants keep his job as the starting QB next season with the Jets. Itís starts by beating the Jaguars and winning games rest of the way.

Here are the three things to do for the Jets in order to win:
    (1) Mark Sanchez has to better if his team has a chance to win a ballgame because the defense wonít bail him out this time around as the Jaguars have better QB in Chad Henne than the Cardinals Ryan Lindley.

(2) The Jets offense has to run the football well since the Jaguars have one of the worse rushing defenseís in all of football today.

(3) Pressure Chad Henne of most of the game by getting sacks, forciing turnovers and make the Jaguars offense commit dumb penaltys as well.

Injury Report:

Jets
    Out: WR Clyde Gates (Concussion)
    Doubtful: TE Dustin Keller (Ankle), DT Damon Harrison (Ankle)
    Questionable: DT Sione Pouha (Back), QB Tim Tebow (Ribs), WR Stephen Hill (Knee)

Jaguars
    Out: CB Aaron Ross (Calf), DE George Selvin (Concussion), RB Rashard Jennings (Concussion), WR Cecil Shorts (Concussion), C Michael Brewster (Hand), RB Maurice Jones-Drew (Foot)

Final score is Jaguars 24, Jets 16

Official New York Jets theme song for Week 14
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0ghsoNE2Ig

Need a stream for the game(s)?: http://www.thefirstrow.eu/sport/american-football.html

The Official Game Thread is brought to you by:

CKC - You mirin'?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Making their way to the ring, at a combined weight of 1,128 lbs., accompanied by WWE Champion Barack Obama, the new and improved reformation of D-Generation X!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    A game thread ready? Looks like somebody can't wait for the game

Did you draft the Prez? He can QB better than Sanchez LOL!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy View Post
    A game thread ready? Looks like somebody can't wait for the game

Did you draft the Prez? He can QB better than Sanchez LOL!
    Late night lurker with bad habits, lol.

And yes, I did. Signed him to a 4 year extension.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who gives a ****.

6-7, 5-8, it's all the same. We're not going anywhere with Bumchez, especially with Indianapolis on the fast track to 10 W's and Pittsburgh with the easy task of just having to win two games with three of their final four at home.

I truly hope we lose unless Bumchez is pulled.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is Jordan White active?

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Tebow active McElroy inactive per Espn

Way to go Rex. Another disaster is about to unfurl.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tebow Active

McElroy INACTIVE

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Interesting choice by Rex Ryan: Greg McElroy is INACTIVE. Rest of inactives: White, Gates, Sapp, Harrison, Schlauderaff, Keller

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well what some ****tards. I am officially pulling for the jags.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have never seen an organization who wants to loose and piss off the fans like these clowns.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by marano View Post
    I have never seen an organization who wants to loose and piss off the fans like these clowns.
    Completely agree. Just when it can't get any dumber they pull a stunt like this

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Interesting choice by Rex Ryan: Greg McElroy is INACTIVE. Rest of inactives: White, Gates, Sapp, Harrison, Schlauderaff, Keller
    Well, there goes any reason I had for watching.

**** you, wrecks.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Via Cimini:
    1. Moneyball: You’ve been hearing a lot about how the Jets are stuck with QB Mark Sanchez for 2013 because of his contract. Here’s an explanation on why that likely is the case:

Sanchez's salary-cap number for next season is $12.8 million. If the Jets cut him, they will incur a crippling $17.1 million cap charge in 2013, according to figures obtained by ESPNNewYork.com. That bloated charge would include his $8.25 million salary guarantee. There’s no off-set in the contract, meaning the Jets are on the hook for the entire salary regardless of how much he receives from another team. They could designate him as a June 1 cut. That would spread the cap charge over two seasons -- $12.35 million in ’13 and $4.8 million in ’14. Bottom line: He’s uncuttable.

If the Jets trade Sanchez, they’d get hit with an $8.9 million cap charge in ’13, but no team in its right mind would pick up the $8.25 million guarantee. They could renegotiate the contract, the way the Rams did with OT Jason Smith before trading him to the Jets. But that still would require the Jets to pay a large chunk of the $8.25 million guarantee – and that would count on the ’13 cap. Even if another team is willing to pay half -- I'm being generous -- the Jets still would get stuck with about $13 million in “dead” money – and they’d have to write him a $4 million-plus check to go away.

Unless Sanchez is willing to make some concessions – maybe he’ll be desperate for a change of scenery – it looks like he’ll be back in 2013. We might not be able to say the same for the people who thought it was a wise move to renegotiate his contract last offseason.

2. Hot seat: I honestly don’t know what will happen with embattled GM Mike Tannenbaum after the season, but the buzz in NFL circles is that his job is in jeopardy. I’m also hearing that former Colts GM Bill Polian, now an ESPN analyst, could be headed to the Chiefs.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Days like today are why, as a Jets fan, you really need to have Sunday Ticket

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Via Cimini:
    They all need to be shown the ****ing door in 2014 (doubt Woody makes any changes for 2013 until that season turns into an utter disaster).

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LotteryPick6 View Post

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LotteryPick6 View Post
    Indeed. It's nice to watch teams that are actually NFL caliber franchises. We're just some AFL sideshow bs.