Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daily News: Jets 3 Ring Quarterback Circus

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Daily News: Jets 3 Ring Quarterback Circus

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1216202

Another great illustration of the clown-show we've become.

SAR I

Another local Giant season ticket holder, lifelong Jet hater who has the power of the pen to get his agenda across to millions.

but wait arent you a big sanchez supporter? investment gold.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

SAR I
    SO TRUE

none of this is the fault of tebow or mcelroy.

sanchez rex and tanny are the true circus performers.

this "circus" label is so fn stupid. if it were really a circus, they'd have no wins. So something is working. Has Lupica ever stepped foot near the Jets' practice field this season? Seriously doubt that. guys like this aren't journalists. he just reads ESPN and get Manish's tweets and can miraculously write columns as if he were an expert. sad.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

SAR I
    Sort of unfair. McElroy and Tebow have done nothing to deserve "clown" status. Sanchez is clown, but credit for the circus belongs to the troika of Rex, Tanny and Woody.

It's not a circus because the Jets aren't switching these QB's back and forth in the starter position. It's more like a "dysfunctional QB situation" because the Jets have refused to bench their starter regardless of performance up to now. If they played Sanchez one week, then McElroy the next, then Tebow the next, it would be a circus but they haven't done that.

It's dysfunctional, but it's not a circus just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    It's not a circus because the Jets aren't switching these QB's back and forth in the starter position. It's more like a "dysfunctional QB situation" because the Jets have refused to bench their starter regardless of performance up to now. If they played Sanchez one week, then McElroy the next, then Tebow the next, it would be a circus but they haven't done that.

It's dysfunctional, but it's not a circus just yet.
    You are correct.

If this were the Giants, Coughlin would be praised for showing patience to his struggling young franchise QB. How many times have we heard the difference with the Giants is they stick with a plan no matter how unpopular it is.

With us, it's a circus.

I don't see how this QB thing is a circus at all.

Jets have starter in Sanchez, trade for Tebow. Coach/GM say all along Tebow is the BACKUP with other roles and MAY play up to 20 plays per game. He doesn't, but plays more than any other backup in the league. Stupid, non-paying attention media expects Tebow to play ALL the time because the Jets said he MAY play 20 plays per game. They start to write articles about Rex not being truthful, etc., about Tebow. Tebow injured ribs and is de-activated. Hence, 3rd stringer is activated. Starter Sanchez is struggling, and happens to have his worst game when 3rd stringer is active. so 3rd stringer relieves starter. Starter gets chance to redeem himself the next game.

Not a circus. Pretty straight forward if you aren't a drama queen.

All Pro
    Hey where is the pic of Rex in today's paper. That one is even funnier.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

It's amazing that the Daily News paid someone to put that photo together.

The Jets sat their starting QB the 2nd half of a football game...Big F-ing deal.

Anyone remember Don Strock?

At this point it's just "Piling On" and vey lazy journalism.

I used to respect Lupica - talk about a circus, Lupica has become a clown himself.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    It's amazing that the Daily News paid someone to put that photo together.

The Jets sat their starting QB the 2nd half of a football game...Big F-ing deal.

Anyone remember Don Strock?
    The David Woodley/Don Strock tandem is one of the few instances where two QBs worked. I thought the Jets would deploy Sanchez and Tebow in the same fashion. They obviously did not.

Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    Another local Giant season ticket holder, lifelong Jet hater who has the power of the pen to get his agenda across to millions.
    Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    Exactly, Douchica is the biggest Jet basher of them all

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    Exactly, Douchica is the biggest Jet basher of them all
    And God knows, Woody, Rex and Tanny give him plenty to bash.

I refuse to read anything written by that douchebag, but you're right, these idiots make it easy

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    I don't see how this QB thing is a circus at all.

Jets have starter in Sanchez, trade for Tebow. Coach/GM say all along Tebow is the BACKUP with other roles and MAY play up to 20 plays per game. He doesn't, but plays more than any other backup in the league. Stupid, non-paying attention media expects Tebow to play ALL the time because the Jets said he MAY play 20 plays per game. They start to write articles about Rex not being truthful, etc., about Tebow. Tebow injured ribs and is de-activated. Hence, 3rd stringer is activated. Starter Sanchez is struggling, and happens to have his worst game when 3rd stringer is active. so 3rd stringer relieves starter. Starter gets chance to redeem himself the next game.

Not a circus. Pretty straight forward if you aren't a drama queen.
    Thanks for tempting the football gods!

Chalk it up as another embarrassing loss today.

Yeah, we're a circus for benching a QB who threw 3 insane picks and put a third stringer in because the backup was injured.

....right.

If this happened anywhere else it would be normal. Gotta love NY media.