Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 85

Thread: Tell me ehat Sanchez is GOOD at...seriously

  1. #21
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Durham, CA
    Posts
    8,499
    Post Thanks / Like
    Doesnt fumble many snaps.

  2. #22
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    369
    Post Thanks / Like
    he IS good at throwing on the run. about it

  3. #23
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,551
    Post Thanks / Like
    His handing off has really improved

  4. #24
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,551
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's excellent at 3 and outs

  5. #25
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Mianus CT
    Posts
    7,677
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Simple thread:

    For those that support Sanchez please just tell me what he is actually GOOD at. They way I see it, he is actually poor at almost any objective performance category for QBs.

    * among worst in NFL

    Accuracy: BAD*
    Touch: BAD*

    Short passes: Abysmal *** (probably the WORST in NFL and worst I have seen)
    Slants: Average
    Seam routes: Above Average
    Outs: Below Average
    Long passes: Below average

    Ball protection (pass): BAD*
    Ball protection (fumbles): Abysmal*

    Field vision: Below average
    Pocket presence: Below average
    Footwork: Above average but regressing
    Escapability: BAD
    Running: Average
    Reading defense: BAD*

    Leadership: Poor
    Bounce back ability: Very poor*

    2 minute drill: Above average
    3rd down passing: Poor
    Red Zone: Very bad this year (Good last year so somewhat receiver related)

    QB rating : Poor*
    QBR: Poor*

    So someone please tell me why we should start this guy a 4 year VETERAN over just about anyone else.
    he can beat every team that has a losing record by throwing for 100 yds a game and his runners rushing for 175

  6. #26
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Mianus CT
    Posts
    7,677
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Mark Sanchez is good when he had playmakers like Edwards, Holmes, Cotchery, Burress, Tomlinson, Richardson, Jones, and Washington.

    Mark Sanchez isn't good when he has fap like Schillens, Hill, Kerley, McKnight, Gates, Hilliard, and Greene.

    No quarterback could succeed with this group of offensive sh-t.

    SAR I
    um with those guys he still was ranked 27th or lower......those playmakers made sanchez he did nothing for them

  7. #27
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,680
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade View Post
    he can beat every team that has a losing record by throwing for 100 yds a game and his runners rushing for 175
    lol...unfortunately we may win out with that philosophy and Tanny will extend him for 5 years $100M

  8. #28
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Mianus CT
    Posts
    7,677
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    lol...unfortunately we may win out with that philosophy and Tanny will extend him for 5 years $100M
    yep and 50 m guaranteed making him untradeable and uncuttable

  9. #29
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Fr:NYC to Mid Ga.
    Posts
    8,838
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez is the best, best at turnover the dude is a turnover machine the dude also has fumbleleeah he's a fumble-lieah- his condition is called
    fumble-lietis.

  10. #30
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,909
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Mark Sanchez is good when he had playmakers like Edwards, Holmes, Cotchery, Burress, Tomlinson, Richardson, Jones, and Washington.

    Mark Sanchez isn't good when he has fap like Schillens, Hill, Kerley, McKnight, Gates, Hilliard, and Greene.

    No quarterback could succeed with this group of offensive sh-t.

    SAR I
    Stop being stupid!

    The Jets won today on Special teams & defense. I agree Sanchez is compromised with the receivers he has, but its no excuse to be a turnover machine.

    BTW, he does have a solid running game to help him out..

  11. #31
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    3,205
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Mark Sanchez is good when he had playmakers like Edwards, Holmes, Cotchery, Burress, Tomlinson, Richardson, Jones, and Washington.

    Mark Sanchez isn't good when he has fap like Schillens, Hill, Kerley, McKnight, Gates, Hilliard, and Greene.

    No quarterback could succeed with this group of offensive sh-t.

    SAR I
    Could you be a little more specific about what his strengths are?

    I really want to see what you see.

    Is it accurate throws? Decision making? Arm strength? Leadership? Motivation? Pocket awareness? Rushing?

  12. #32
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,000
    Post Thanks / Like
    He was handing that ball off like a champ.

  13. #33
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,633
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    He is good at setting the game of football back 40 years...
    what a clown!

  14. #34
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,909
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jxc View Post
    Could you be a little more specific about what his strengths are?

    I really want to see what you see.

    Is it accurate throws? Decision making? Arm strength? Leadership? Motivation? Pocket awareness? Rushing?
    The fifth pick in the draft should be able to elevate the players around him.

  15. #35
    All League
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,565
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's good at locking on receivers and telegraphing his throws. This according to 50% of the DB's in the league.

  16. #36
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,633
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez wasn't particularly good, but he improved from last week.

    Let's not just forget how Sanchez played in his first two years. This year has been a disaster in terms of injuries. No Keller again today, Hill goes down, the Jets are now playing Schilens, Kerley, and recently signed off the street Marty Gilyard. Cumberland went down and missed most of the game, Kerley and Hilyard on key 3rd down plays. This has been the problem all year. Inability to run the ball in spots, players dropping balls, key players dropping like flies, or missing time all year long.

    Do any of you realize what he had on the field with him today?

    Then during the game, you're killing Sanchez and the team because they won't throw the ball. Do you not realize the offense has been completely vanilla lately due to those injuries?

    Sanchez is only part of the problem, and he has his role in all of this, but you have to evaluate everything. Sanchez is out there trying to make plays, trying to run an offense that has JAG players around him at all skill position areas. Yeah, Sanchez is forcing plays, not seeing the field well, but how much of this is because of the inconsistencies of the players available to him each week? The Jets are finally healthy at RB, so the running game is picking up and is using the two-headed tandum in Greene and Powell they envisioned to start the year, but this too hasn't been available until recently due to Powell's injuries.

    Is Sanchez inaccurate because he has no chemistry with the players on the field, and is trying to make it work on the fly, or has he regressed?

    You can make an argument that Sanchez has regressed, but it is all due to these other factors.

    This Jets team despite all the crap this year, the media driven agenda, the BS spin about how the Jets are a circus, and they are STILL a team playing hard, and now within 1 game of a playoff birth.

    If the Giants lose today, and it certainly is possible against a potent Saints team that is not playing well but can put it together at any time, could drop to 7-6 today, exactly 1 game better than the Jets...

    But fans should continue buying the crap the media is selling, some of you are ****ting it out faster than you can eat it!!!! Some of you act as if this is Kotite's 1-15 Jets.
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 12-09-2012 at 05:13 PM.

  17. #37
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    830
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's good at pissing off the masses on JI... which personally brings me great joy in debating with the miserable folks on here.

  18. #38
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,655
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Mark Sanchez is good when he had playmakers like Edwards, Holmes, Cotchery, Burress, Tomlinson, Richardson, Jones, and Washington.

    Mark Sanchez isn't good when he has fap like Schillens, Hill, Kerley, McKnight, Gates, Hilliard, and Greene.

    No quarterback could succeed with this group of offensive sh-t.

    SAR I
    this is your story and you're sticking to it. good for you. its completely delusional and wrong but good for you.

    we can get an average qb, pay him 1 mil, and he'll throw for 150 yards, have 2 turnovers, lead us to a 8-8 record or 7-9 record but at least he'd complete 60% of his passes!

    don't give me that bull about no talent. I agree to an extent but for god sakes, don't miss wide open guys by a mile and then tell me its the lack of talent...

    EDIT: btw, our o-line is ranked top 5 this year so don't tell me he doesn't have time to throw

  19. #39
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    398
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Sanchez wasn't particularly good, but he improved from last week.

    Let's not just forget how Sanchez played in his first two years. This year has been a disaster in terms of injuries. No Keller again today, Hill goes down, the Jets are now playing Schilens, Kerley, and recently signed off the street Marty Gilyard. Cumberland went down and missed most of the game, Kerley and Hilyard on key 3rd down plays. This has been the problem all year. Inability to run the ball in spots, players dropping balls, key players dropping like flies, or missing time all year long.

    Do any of you realize what he had on the field with him today?

    Then during the game, you're killing Sanchez and the team because they won't throw the ball. Do you not realize the offense has been completely vanilla lately due to those injuries?

    Sanchez is only part of the problem, and he has his role in all of this, but you have to evaluate everything. Sanchez is out there trying to make plays, trying to run an offense that has JAG players around him at all skill position areas. The Jets are finally healthy at RB, so the running game is picking up and is using the two-headed tandum in Greene and Powell they envisioned to start the year, but this too hasn't been available until recently due to Powell's injuries.

    Is Sanchez inaccurate because he has no chemistry with the players on the field, and is trying to make it work on the fly, or has he regressed?

    You can make an argument that Sanchez has regressed, but it is all due to these other factors.

    This Jets team despite all the crap this year, the media driven agenda, the BS spin about how the Jets are a circus, and they are STILL a team playing hard, and now within 1 game of a playoff birth.

    If the Giants lose today, and it certainly is possible against a potent Saints team that is not playing well but can put it together at any time, could drop to 7-6 today, exactly 1 game better than the Jets...

    But fans should continue buying the crap the media is selling, some of you are ****ting it out faster than you can eat it!!!! Some of you act as if this is Kotite's 1-15 Jets.
    We haven't. He was awful in 2009 and was a below average QB in 2010 despite the talent around him.

  20. #40
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,633
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by w0mbat View Post
    We haven't. He was awful in 2009 and was a below average QB in 2010 despite the talent around him.
    He was a rookie and a second year player, and showed plenty but had bouts of inconsistencies. There is a difference. He had multiple game ending drives where he won the game because of his play. He has 4 playoff road wins, and played well in all of them.

    Let's not be blinded by hate or is it ignorance?
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 12-09-2012 at 05:35 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us