Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jets Quarterback Problem

Jets Quarterback Problem

Demote Sanchez - he's locked into too much cap money

Cut Tebow - unnecesary distraction that kills the team and has no future in the NFL besides holding clipboard

McElroy - give him last 2 starts of the yr, see if there's anything to him.

Any suggestions what QB we get in the off-season? I want a big athletic player with a strong arm. We NEVER get a QB like that - not since Vinny in '98.

Alex Smith would do just fine here.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post

Cut Tebow - unnecesary distraction that kills the team and has no future in the NFL besides holding clipboard

Any suggestions what QB we get in the off-season? I want a big athletic player with a strong arm. We NEVER get a QB like that - not since Vinny in '98.
    Bray, Nassib, Tyler Wilson

Not too high on EJ Manuel. He is exactly the QB you describe, but is more athlete than QB. He also gets wrecked against good teams.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Thread title of the century! Good work!

All League

I would follow the Redskins model. Draft Manuel in the second round and then take a flyer on Refree in the seventh. Let McElroy compete with a Jag pick up while Manuel sits for a season and Renfree has a phantom injury at the end of preseason that gets him on IR during his rookie season.

Quote Originally Posted by James Hasty View Post
    Alex Smith would do just fine here.
    No thx - he's Sanchez with a better supporting cast

No thx - he's Sanchez with a better supporting cast
    Alex Smith does not turn over the ball and blow games all by himself.

Hall Of Fame
    We need an average QB.

Going from worst in the league to average will make a HUGE difference for us.

We are a playoff team with an average QB.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Bray, Nassib, Tyler Wilson

Not too high on EJ Manuel. He is exactly the QB you describe, but is more athlete than QB. He also gets wrecked against good teams.
    Understood. For once I'd like the Jets to get a big, strong, mobile QB. In all my years rooting for this team we've had one - Vinny Testaverde. Favre sorta worked out for 12 games before getting hurt.

Boomer - was finished by the team he got here and had no chance with Kotite

O'Donnel - scrub

Reich - scrub

Foley - scrub

Vinny - there ya go even for just 1 yr

Chad - ok for what he was but we never had a shot with him

Clemens - scrub

Rat - big, athletic and couldn't read a high school defense

Ainge - gimme a break

Favre - worked for about 12 games pre-injury, we probably go to the Super Bowl in 2009 if we don't cut him

Sanchez - had a nice run with him but the Tebow trade and Tanny forgetting to add talent to the offense wrecked him
    Last edited by detjetsfan; 12-18-2012 at 12:05 AM.

Alex Smith does not turn over the ball and blow games all by himself.
    Because he has a top 5 OL, Frank Gore, Vernon Davis and Crabtree.

Oh and there's the small fact that he wrecked his team first 5 years of his career way Suckchise did for us this season.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    We need an average QB.

Going from worst in the league to average will make a HUGE difference for us.

We are a playoff team with an average QB.

At first I was think Campbell, but I am starting to think Garrard may be a better fit.

Edwards looked good.

Because he has a top 5 OL, Frank Gore, Vernon Davis and Crabtree.
    I am not saying that Alex Smith is Joe Montana. I do think he could be the Trent Dilfer we need to hold the fort until we can groom a younger player in a year or two.

Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    I would follow the Redskins model. Draft Manuel in the second round and then take a flyer on Refree in the seventh. Let McElroy compete with a Jag pick up while Manuel sits for a season and Renfree has a phantom injury at the end of preseason that gets him on IR during his rookie season.
    The Media KILLED the Redskins for trading up for RG3 and then drafting Cousins. They look like geniuses now.

All League
    Vinny was athletic?

As far as QB, I would rather see a veteran come in for a year and let a Rookie learn for year. If Wilson drops to the 2nd, I would consider him, if not, maybe someone like Tyler Bray or Nassib in the mid rounds.

I am not saying that Alex Smith is Joe Montana. I do think he could be the Trent Dilfer we need to hold the fort until we can groom a younger player in a year or two.
    I've seen plenty of Alex Smith. He has had one good year in the NFL with an incredible supporting cast. Yes he might be less mistake prone than Suckchise but I don't think we're doing anything with him or Captain Checkdown Matt Flynn.

Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    Vinny was athletic?

As far as QB, I would rather see a veteran come in for a year and let a Rookie learn for year. If Wilson drops to the 2nd, I would consider him, if not, maybe someone like Tyler Bray or Nassib in the mid rounds.
    Yes. And I agree about the veteran part but who? VY? I actually would not hate the move and think he'd do better than Sanchez but it's not gonna happen.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Edwards looked good.
    It was painful watching him. He looked like the only real football player on the offense, making one realize just how far below average everyone else is.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    At first I was think Campbell, but I am starting to think Garrard may be a better fit.

Edwards looked good.
    Garrard's not a bad idea. Would be dirt cheap. Maybe his leg is healthy by next September.

We win tonight's game with a healthy Garrard at QB instead of Suckchise and Teblow.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    It was painful watching him. He looked like the only real football player on the offense, making one realize just how far below average everyone else is.
    How tha hell did Tanny not sign him last Summer? We're probably 8-6 right now with a great shot at the postseason. FAT POS WAS TOO PREOCCUPIED WITH TEBOW.

FU TANNY

All League
    McElroy????....Can we please see what this kid has.