Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Tell me ehat Sanchez is GOOD at...seriously

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    McElroy? "Success"?

The guy threw for 29 yards in a quarter of a football game. The reason we won against Arizona and Jacksonville is because they are bad against the run, and so our old backs got some decent yardage. The passing game is our biggest concern due to lack of playmakers, so any time we play a team where a vertical attack is necessary, we're going to lose.

SAR I
    I didn't say he was good. But I'll take his 29 yards passing with two long drives over Sanchez multiple picks and fumblitis any day of the week. And McElroy Sucks... which is the point. If people are even discussing whether McElroy should start over Sanchez that speaks volumes about Sanchez.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    McElroy? "Success"?

The guy threw for 29 yards in a quarter of a football game. The reason we won against Arizona and Jacksonville is because they are bad against the run, and so our old backs got some decent yardage. The passing game is our biggest concern due to lack of playmakers, so any time we play a team where a vertical attack is necessary, we're going to lose.

SAR I
    This post is an extreme FAIL.

Guess what ... 29 * 4 is more yards than Sanchez mustered today with a FULL WEEK of practice and 4 more years of game experience.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post

Guess what ... 29 * 4 is more yards than Sanchez mustered today with a FULL WEEK of practice and 4 more years of game experience.
    Not to mention that McElroy's 29 was against a much better defense than the Jags.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Not to mention that McElroy's 29 was against a much better defense than the Jags.

.... And he did not turn the ball over.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

+1

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    We won Sunday but again Sanchez showed almost nothing, 1 seam route to Cumberland which is one of the few things he is OK at, especially when the receiver is wide open. Other than that he was terrible.

I truly believe if Rex were not forced to have Tebow as #2, McElroy would have started the second half this week as well. Sanchez was again awful.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Simple thread:

For those that support Sanchez please just tell me what he is actually GOOD at. They way I see it, he is actually poor at almost any objective performance category for QBs.

* among worst in NFL

Accuracy: BAD*
    Touch: BAD*

Short passes: Abysmal *** (probably the WORST in NFL and worst I have seen)
    Slants: Average
    Seam routes: Above Average
    Outs: Below Average
    Long passes: Below average

Ball protection (pass): BAD*
    Ball protection (fumbles): Abysmal*

Field vision: Below average
    Pocket presence: Below average
    Footwork: Above average but regressing
    Escapability: BAD
    Running: Average
    Reading defense: BAD*

Leadership: Poor
    Bounce back ability: Very poor*

2 minute drill: Above average
    3rd down passing: Poor
    Red Zone: Very bad this year (Good last year so somewhat receiver related)

QB rating : Poor*
    QBR: Poor*

So someone please tell me why we should start this guy a 4 year VETERAN over just about anyone else.
    Lying to himself about being a NFL QB. Other that absolutely NOTHING!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mark Sanchez is good when he had playmakers like Edwards, Holmes, Cotchery, Burress, Tomlinson, Richardson, Jones, and Washington.

Mark Sanchez isn't good when he has fap like Schillens, Hill, Kerley, McKnight, Gates, Hilliard, and Greene.

No quarterback could succeed with this group of offensive sh-t.

SAR I
    Except for the little fact that he sucked when he had those players too.

But keep trying.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    These are character traits commonly associated with good NFL QB's:

poise
    confidence
    swagger
    charisma
    competitor
    cool

Which traits does Sanchez have?

As explained in this excerpt, in addition to character traits, a good QB needs to have something Sanchez does not ... the ability to make solid decisions and be accurate with the ball. If you gave Sanchez Jerry Rice, Marshall Faulk and an all-pro line, sure he'd do better, but he'd still be a second late and off-target.

Being a QB isn't easy, but the very best share some common traits

By Steve Wyche NFL.com
    Reporter, NFL.com and NFL Network
    Published: Aug. 28, 2009

Good quarterbacks share common traits, according to several current and former players, coaches and personnel evaluators. Decision-making skills and accuracy rank at the top. Poise, leadership and guile rated highly. Rarely was arm strength or physical size mentioned.

"They do have to be accurate," Saints coach Sean Payton said. "They have to be guys who can make solid decisions, week after week, season after season. .... Some guys, they throw it well, they do it well, but they're a half-second too late constantly, so they struggle."

Added former NFL coach Dick Vermeil: "First, he's got to be able to throw the ball accurately. Some guys can throw, throw, throw, and they'll miss two or three passes in the ball game that can mean the difference in winning and losing, and if they miss them, they lose. They hit them, they win. Can you throw the ball accurately -- under pressure? Are you distracted by the things that happen in front of you? Are you distracted by coverages?"

The slightest flaw can unseat a career. The slightest strength can prolong one. No quarterback is perfect, but as long as he strives to be, he has a chance.

"When you get thrown into the fray and stuff is just flying around you at 100 miles per hour, it's your ability to take a deep breath and slow everything down and make sure guys in the huddle see that," Brees said. "In the end, they're going to react the way that you do. If you get flustered, that shows to them. If you show composure, it puts them at ease. The great ones put everyone at ease."
    http://www.nfl.com/kickoff/story/090...-common-traits

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    moping....also, photo shoots.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    .... And he did not turn the ball over.
    This x19 (number of times Mark's turned the ball over so far).

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    EATING HOTDOGS!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think tonight solidifies the fact that Sanchez truly is not good anything. Anything at all.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    I think tonight solidifies the fact that Sanchez truly is not good anything. Anything at all.
    oh wait till rah rah gets on here he will defend suckchez

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    EXCELLENT at turnovers. Extraordinary even.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's obviously good at giving blowjobs because I have no idea how else we could owe him so much ****ing money or continue to start him all year long.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez was actually playing well for us from 2008 - 2011 and then Tanny and Woody got the wonderful idea to trade for Tim friggin Tebow. Dumbest move ever.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Except for the little fact that he sucked when he had those players too.

But keep trying.
    Sanchez was fine until the Tebow PR/Woody Meltdown BS.

Guy goes from 2 AFCG appearances, 26 tds and 3400 yards to being a human TO machine. The Tebow trade destroyed his confidence forever.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Sanchez was fine until the Tebow PR/Woody Meltdown BS.

Guy goes from 2 AFCG appearances, 26 tds and 3400 yards to being a human TO machine. The Tebow trade destroyed his confidence forever.
    Those didn't happen in the same season, but you wrote it like they did. I'm sure all of Sanchez' problems were because of the Tebow trade, right. GMAFB. Please tell us all how Sanchez was "fine" last season. He was still a bottom-tier QB. And somehow, now, he's even worse.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 12-18-2012 at 01:23 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Those didn't happen in the same season, but you wrote it like they did. I'm sure all of Sanchez' problems were because of the Tebow trade, right. GMAFB.
    Wasn't all the Tebow trade. Tanny also forget to sign people who could actually get open and make a play once in a while. How the hell did we not sign Braylon Edwards last summer? Mike Tanenbaum is a friggin idiot. Too busy signing Chaz Schilens and trading for Jason Smith and getting a QB who hates abortion and gays.

Demise of Suckchise is 50% Tebow trade/50% 0 playmakers who get separation