Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Missing the beginning of the game

  1. #1
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    State Location Here
    Posts
    7,994
    Post Thanks / Like

    Missing the beginning of the game

    At an event with sopne, missing the first quarter. Let me guess: we start by going 3 and out, Jags get the ball and march on us.

    Hmmm? Hmmmmm?

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    5,170
    Post Thanks / Like
    If your event is in Jacksonville, you should be all set. I'm sure the game is on there.

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    great midwest -well not so great
    Posts
    8,765
    Post Thanks / Like
    don't bother, they're here....the clowns that is...

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    16,650
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actually almost half the game is over and it's only 0-3.

  5. #5
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    8,673
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do yourself a favor and miss the entire game, not just the beginning.

  6. #6
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,867
    Post Thanks / Like
    I listened to the first part of the game coming off the VZ from Staten Island.

    Then my SOpne announces that the 50 ounces of Power Aid he drank on the way back from Philly have reached critical mass.

    Have to pull off the Belt at exit 15 in Brookaleen.... and let him use the Home Depot bathroom. He was not impressed with the stench of that jernt.

    He ran in yellow, and walked out green.


  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    3,353
    Post Thanks / Like
    I missed the whole game. I think I'm one up on you.


    On the other hand, I witnessed a 1-0 hockey game instead.

  8. #8
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    8,673
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    I listened to the first part of the game coming off the VZ from Staten Island.

    Then my SOpne announces that the 50 ounces of Power Aid he drank on the way back from Philly have reached critical mass.

    Have to pull off the Belt at exit 15 in Brookaleen.... and let him use the Home Depot bathroom. He was not impressed with the stench of that jernt.

    He ran in yellow, and walked out green.

    You were here and didn't bother to pop in? I'm hurt.


    And here I was, alone in Teh Bunkerô with ribz.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    576
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    I listened to the first part of the game coming off the VZ from Staten Island.

    Then my SOpne announces that the 50 ounces of Power Aid he drank on the way back from Philly have reached critical mass.

    Have to pull off the Belt at exit 15 in Brookaleen.... and let him use the Home Depot bathroom. He was not impressed with the stench of that jernt.

    He ran in yellow, and walked out green.

    My father would have made me soil myself before he pulled over somewhere for me to pee. Thankfully we usually had an empty bottle in the car.

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,543
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 21st Amendment View Post
    My father would have made me soil myself before he pulled over somewhere for me to pee. Thankfully we usually had an empty bottle in the car.
    Good thing you're Irish

  11. #11
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,867
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    You were here and didn't bother to pop in? I'm hurt.


    And here I was, alone in Teh Bunker™ with ribz.
    I'm not gonna lie, as soon as I cross over from Jersey to SI, my knuckles clench the wheel, I hunker down squinty eyed and make like I'm running to the Mexican border....Just praying I dont see the familiar trail of brakelights.

    That SI expressway has screwed me too many times.

    lol



    Quote Originally Posted by 21st Amendment View Post
    My father would have made me soil myself before he pulled over somewhere for me to pee. Thankfully we usually had an empty bottle in the car.

    Mine too, I'm trying to break the cycle of violence.

    THough, letting him use a restroom in a Belt parkway Home Depot may have disqualified my efforts.

    -

    -

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    576
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Good thing you're Irish

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    I'm not gonna lie, as soon as I cross over from Jersey to SI, my knuckles clench the wheel, I hunker down squinty eyed and make like I'm running to the Mexican border....Just praying I dont see the familiar trail of brakelights.

    That SI expressway has screwed me too many times.

    lol

    -
    Ugh. I'm a regular on that track (too many clients in NJ and eastern PA) and I know what you mean. Pretty sure I've given myself whiplash once or twice from slamming my head against the headrest in frustration.

  14. #14
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    State Location Here
    Posts
    7,994
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post

    That SI expressway has screwed me too many times.

    -
    This. Fookin hate that road.

  15. #15
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,867
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    Ugh. I'm a regular on that track (too many clients in NJ and eastern PA) and I know what you mean. Pretty sure I've given myself whiplash once or twice from slamming my head against the headrest in frustration.
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    This. Fookin hate that road.
    ...then, as you finally make it to the VZ...and keep left.....trying to make sure no one cuts in front of you in the Belt exit lane, you try to crane your neck to the right to see if the same fate awaits you on the Belt Pkwy East... below....which could make the commute from SI to Nassau/Suffolk at least a two hour trip in itself.


    -

  16. #16
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    State Location Here
    Posts
    7,994
    Post Thanks / Like
    Finally watched the first quarter on DVR. I was right.

    Has winning 3 out of 4 ever felt any sadder?

  17. #17
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    3,353
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    Finally watched the first quarter on DVR. I was right.

    Has winning 3 out of 4 ever felt any sadder?
    Indeed.

    Question - would you rather be the Jets, start out miserable, and finish strong, or the Bears, start out strong, finish miserable?

    I think I'd rather end the season on a good note.

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,543
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 21st Amendment View Post
    Poor guy.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us