Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 43

Thread: Conservatism

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Rochester, NY--Originally from Long Island
    Posts
    1,091
    Post Thanks / Like

    Conservatism

    I am so tired of the Jets having an offensive attitude that just screams conservatism. In this day and age of the NFL we may be the only team who doesn't allow the QB to throw the ball all over the field. Even the Cardinals let Lindley continue to throw the ball constantly even though he was playing horrible. The Jaguars have more confidence in Henne and his arm then we do with our "franchise" QB. It's f*cking disgusting. We need a gun slinger. That's the type of QB who brought us our only Super Bowl championship and that's what it's going to take to get another one.

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,323
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would you rather they lean Liberal?

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Rochester, NY--Originally from Long Island
    Posts
    1,091
    Post Thanks / Like
    That last set of plays with almost 2 minutes left on the clock and 3 timeouts was the perfect example of what my original post was talking about.

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,323
    Post Thanks / Like
    Indeed. Pretty pathetic, but that's typical Wrecks. No balls whatsoever.

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Rochester, NY--Originally from Long Island
    Posts
    1,091
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Indeed. Pretty pathetic, but that's typical Wrecks. No balls whatsoever.
    Well I wouldn't put it all on Rex. If his QB is any of the top 15 QB's in the league he would be more aggressive. But since his QB is a turnover machine, the risk is much greater. I think the conservatism I am talking about has more to do with who the QB is and not who the coach is. I'm annoyed that our coach forced this playing style on Sanchez his first 2 years with the intention of letting Sanchez open up more year 3 or 4 but the fact that Sanchez can't be trusted to not turn the ball over every game has made the coaching staff stick with the idea of playing conservative on offense when in year 4 Sanchez should be slinging it around the field.
    Last edited by Choon328; 12-09-2012 at 02:28 PM.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6,900
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets have been insanely conservative on offense since Parcells ditched us in 2000. The philosophy of the organization is to build the 90's Tony Dungy era Tampa Bay Bucs. Vinny throwing picks and costing us a playoff run in 2000 affected the front office to this very day.


    Too bad you don't win Super Bowls with Ground n' Pound. You win it with passing and pass rushing.

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Rochester, NY--Originally from Long Island
    Posts
    1,091
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Jets have been insanely conservative on offense since Parcells ditched us in 2000. The philosophy of the organization is to build the 90's Tony Dungy era Tampa Bay Bucs. Vinny throwing picks and costing us a playoff run in 2000 affected the front office to this very day.


    Too bad you don't win Super Bowls with Ground n' Pound. You win it with passing and pass rushing.
    Agree 100%

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,323
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    Well I wouldn't put it all on Rex. If his QB is any of the top 15 QB's in the league he would be more aggressive. But since his QB is a turnover machine, the risk is much greater. I think the conservatism I am talking about has more to do with who the QB is and not who the coach is. So I'm annoyed that our coach forced this playing style on Sanchez his first 2 years but the fact that Sanchez can't be trusted to not turn the ball over every game has made the coaching staff stick with the idea of playing conservative on offense when in year 4 Sanchez should be slinging it around the field.
    Hmm, also true.

    You know that move The Perfect Storm with George Clooney and Mark Wahlberg where they're on a swordfish boat and get stuck in a giant ass storm? I feel like the Jets are the boat, we fans are Clooney and Wahlberg, and the water is ****. We're in a perfect **** storm. And, in the words of George Clooney, "she's not gonna let us out".

  9. #9
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    576
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    Well I wouldn't put it all on Rex. If his QB is any of the top 15 QB's in the league he would be more aggressive. But since his QB is a turnover machine, the risk is much greater. I think the conservatism I am talking about has more to do with who the QB is and not who the coach is. I'm annoyed that our coach forced this playing style on Sanchez his first 2 years with the intention of letting Sanchez open up more but the fact that Sanchez can't be trusted to not turn the ball over every game has made the coaching staff stick with the idea of playing conservative on offense when in year 4 Sanchez should be slinging it around the field.
    He didn't force this style on Sanchez it's the other way around. In order to win, the Jets need to be able to run successfully against an opponent in order to take all pressure off Mark. He wilts under a pass rush and/or takes a good hit. Then it's the happy feet/ deer in headlights/ fumblitis/ throw quick inaccurate passes to the other team Mark.

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Rochester, NY--Originally from Long Island
    Posts
    1,091
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Greentide View Post
    He didn't force this style on Sanchez it's the other way around. In order to win, the Jets need to be able to run successfully against an opponent in order to take all pressure off Mark. He wilts under a pass rush and/or takes a good hit. Then it's the happy feet/ deer in headlights/ fumblitis/ throw quick inaccurate passes to the other team Mark.
    Sanchez's first two years is when the idea of conservatism was forced on him. They could have taken a totally different approach and things may have been different.

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Rochester, NY--Originally from Long Island
    Posts
    1,091
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's a great example of how terrible Sanchez is:

    The other QB's who played against Jacksonville averaged 64% comp and 268 yards per game with 23 completed passes per game.

    Sanchez is 9/14 for 67 yards half way through the 3rd quarter. What a f*cking joke!

  12. #12
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    97
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    Sanchez is 9/14 for 67 yards half way through the 3rd quarter.
    Those are McElroy type numbers!

    GO JETS!!!

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    5,268
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets coaches don't trust Mark. Only let him throw when they had to today.

    Understandable, but not an ongoing recipe for success.

  14. #14
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,238
    Post Thanks / Like
    THEY HAVE NO ONE ON OFFENSE. NO TALENT AT THE SKILL POSITIONS.

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,323
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy View Post
    Those are McElroy type numbers!

    GO JETS!!!
    You mean the whole 1 quarter he got to play? I suppose you could call that a win for Sanchez, I guess.

  16. #16
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    8,528
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not one for conservatism. I favor a Mill utilitarianism philosophy.

  17. #17
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Rochester, NY--Originally from Long Island
    Posts
    1,091
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    THEY HAVE NO ONE ON OFFENSE. NO TALENT AT THE SKILL POSITIONS.
    Good QB's make the players around them better. He makes them worse.

  18. #18
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    East Winsdor, NJ
    Posts
    848
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    I am so tired of the Jets having an offensive attitude that just screams conservatism. In this day and age of the NFL we may be the only team who doesn't allow the QB to throw the ball all over the field. Even the Cardinals let Lindley continue to throw the ball constantly even though he was playing horrible. The Jaguars have more confidence in Henne and his arm then we do with our "franchise" QB. It's f*cking disgusting. We need a gun slinger. That's the type of QB who brought us our only Super Bowl championship and that's what it's going to take to get another one.
    Joe Namath threw 0 passes in the 4th quarter of SBIII.

  19. #19
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,238
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    Good QB's make the players around them better. He makes them worse.
    you guys keep saying the same crap over and over.

    these guys dont get open, even Wilcox stated this during the game.

    Sanchez sucks, we get it. But Manning couldnt make these practice squad players better.

  20. #20
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Rochester, NY--Originally from Long Island
    Posts
    1,091
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSJetsJetsJets View Post
    Joe Namath threw 0 passes in the 4th quarter of SBIII.
    16-0 lead with 13 min left in the 4th quarter. They didn't need to throw the ball.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us