Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why is no one talking about sporano?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Why is no one talking about sporano?

I'm now convinced this guy shouldn't even be holding Paul hacketts clip board. This is beyond just mark Sanchez in my opinion.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I talked about it in the game thread. I said I would like to go back to the hiring of sparano thread to see how many dunder heads endorsed this loser.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by persiussa View Post
    I'm now convinced this guy shouldn't even be holding Paul hacketts clip board. This is beyond just mark Sanchez in my opinion.
    Same thing that was "wrong" with Shottie........he's trying to run a Mark Sanchez led offense.....

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Greentide View Post
    Same thing that was "wrong" with Shottie........he's trying to run a Mark Sanchez led offense.....
    +1

Sparano needs to go, but not before Rex, Tanny and Sanchez.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    How this keeps getting overlooked, is just beyond me. Add the fact that we cant recruit legitimate offensive coaches because of the QB, well what choice do we have other than just to stay on board until the ship fully sinks by the end of 2013.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Too much logic is needed to look at the bigger picture.

It's more fun to irrationality blame it all on one guy.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    Too much logic is needed to look at the bigger picture.

It's more fun to irrationality blame it all on one guy.
    Are you even watching the game?

It's comical how you defend Sanchez.

Even against the worst defense in the league, all he can muster is 65 yards and a couple of turnovers.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty much everybody who has a clue did not like the hiring when it was made. We are not surprised. No use in beating a dead horse.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    just another big reason why MT has to be canned reassigned/whatever, as long as his football decision (horrors) are taken away the day after the season ends. I would feel more confident with a 12 year old whos only experience is coaching a fantasy football league more than Mike T. Build for 2014, when Sanchez will be finally gone..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Pretty much everybody who has a clue did not like the hiring when it was made. We are not surprised. No use in beating a dead horse.
    Rex needs to "answer for Santino" (Sparano's hiring).

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I want to join the Sparano bashing...but I can't quite do that. Dude is saddled with an awful QB coach (I'll leave Sanchez out of it) and some god awful weapons. He literally had to trot the deadly combination of Schilens, Gilyard, and Rueland on a 3rd and long at one point yesterday. Yikes.

It's also clear that he has no use for Tebow, and he's had to appease the higher ups by giving him token looks.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    just another big reason why MT has to be canned reassigned/whatever, as long as his football decision (horrors) are taken away the day after the season ends. I would feel more confident with a 12 year old whos only experience is coaching a fantasy football league more than Mike T. Build for 2014, when Sanchez will be finally gone..
    Sparanos hire is on rex a lot more then it is on the GM.

Sparano has been horrible, our offense has no imagination or deceptiveness. We dont run misdirections, we dont run screens, we dont play 2012 NFL Football.

That being said, while he should be fired immediately at the end of the year, we cant forget how handicapped he is having sanchez as his qb. This is a guy who has never completed 60% of his passes, locks onto his primary read, has zero pocket presence and has a tendency to fumble when sacked.

Sparanos job is very hard, but hes doing it poorly as well

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Sparanos hire is on rex a lot more then it is on the GM.

Sparano has been horrible, our offense has no imagination or deceptiveness. We dont run misdirections, we dont run screens, we dont play 2012 NFL Football.

That being said, while he should be fired immediately at the end of the year, we cant forget how handicapped he is having sanchez as his qb. This is a guy who has never completed 60% of his passes, locks onto his primary read, has zero pocket presence and has a tendency to fumble when sacked.

Sparanos job is very hard, but hes doing it poorly as well
    Well and that is what makes his job so hard or even attempt the plays that you listed. Opponents will crowd the box, not respect our passing game, they will jump routes and they know none of our receivers will hurt them down the field. No screen will go anywhere if you have 11 men in the box. The complete lack of a deep threat or the possibility of being hurt by the passing game makes our short passing game extremely hard to execute. With that said, Sparano's routes often bring our WRs to a stop, something I loathe since Schotty always used to do this and there are other things that make our offense extremely hard to watch.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    WTF??? We did score 7 points against that stout Arizona Defense. Give it a rest.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Rex needs to "answer for Santino" (Sparano's hiring).

My buddy Rocco and I call this "Goin for the boatride". Even though Carlo got it in the car...the vision of going out on a boat with a fishing pole and not coming back makes a better metaphor.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    Well and that is what makes his job so hard or even attempt the plays that you listed. Opponents will crowd the box, not respect our passing game, they will jump routes and they know none of our receivers will hurt them down the field. No screen will go anywhere if you have 11 men in the box. The complete lack of a deep threat or the possibility of being hurt by the passing game makes our short passing game extremely hard to execute. With that said, Sparano's routes often bring our WRs to a stop, something I loathe since Schotty always used to do this and there are other things that make our offense extremely hard to watch.
    The thing about that is there are many ways to throw downfield.

The pocket passer, scan the field, type offense is long gone from here.

However look at what seattle does with russel wilson, who is also short and faster then sanchez, but sanchez is not an un-athletic guy, he can move in the pocket.

Just as we did on the one long completion to cumberland, if we could fake a screen and hit a TE down the middle, it woudl push the safeties back a bit.

If we used our 2 TEs to block in space and get a WR screen it would freeze the LBs once in a while.

If we ran a stretch option play, with sanchez pulling the ball back and throwing on the run, it would create new opportunities.

We dont have cam newton back there, but sanchez can run a little bit....if we even tried a zone read handone ONE TIME, it might actually open things up for our TEs or WRs.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hire Norv Turner and bring Rivers along with him.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Give Sparano some credit; he saw in a mere 11 weeks what Rex still can't see after almost 4 years, that Sanchez is horrible, and that the only way to win with him is to run the ball 50 times/game. The stat yesterday that Sanchez himself has more turnovers than 11 TEAMS is mind boggling. Sanchez at this point is like an ex-wife.....pay what you owe and start over.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    How can you blame sparano when he has a qb that cant throw the ball without turning it over?

Rex and sparano are a package so you guys who want rex back, then you want sparano back as well.

Head coaches dont get to go through 3 OC in 3 years. Doesnt happen. The only way sparano goes is if rex goes.