Thread: Billsí fans rustled as hell about LaRon Smash

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Billsí fans rustled as hell about LaRon Smash

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Bunch of whiners.

Ironically - many of the same things were being said on this board after the Baker injury against Carolina.

It's football...sh!t happens and when it happens to your team you complain.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    "It's how the Jets play football, it wasn't why they beat us though, so complaining won't do much. They're pricks, but that's life."

That's how the Jets play football? That's classic. Stupid jets for hitting players hard. We should be more gentle the next time we try and tackle.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    Bunch of whiners.

Ironically - many of the same things were being said on this board after the Baker injury against Carolina.

yep, and both plays were not dirty.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow - just reading the Bills board . . .

JI > than Bills board [Zzzzzzz]

Happy I am a Jet fan !!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    a couple that I had to comment on...

This is just funny!
    I'm still upset about how the Jets' RT (don't even remember his name) was bullying Mario Williams around & may have stolen his lunch money. Leave the Bills alone!
    This one, I thought people would think that when Landry clapped, but you can see, his head was down and hit the thighpad and he never saw what his Knee did when he hit him...he was just celebrating the play....that being said, if it was me, I'd reach out to Jackson, just to make sure it wasn't misconstrued.

The one thing that really bothered me was seeing him look right down at Freddy and clap in jest and celebration when it was already obvious that he injured Fred. It was almost like he waited to make sure Fred was hurt, THEN was excited about the play he made. It was extremely low class IMO. I won't knock the guy for the way he plays, but to celebrate after injuring someone is just classless and scummy.

So you can't hit around the head, and now we can't hit around the legs???
    Landry has a tendency to launch himself out of control to make tackles...that's why we know his name.

IMO, if a horsecollar tackle is 15 yards, diving low at a players knees by a DB isn't?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hear the bills are unveiling a new team uniform which will include a skirt, pocket book and high heel cleats

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    "It's how the Jets play football, it wasn't why they beat us though, so complaining won't do much. They're pricks, but that's life."

That's how the Jets play football? That's classic. Stupid jets for hitting players hard. We should be more gentle the next time we try and tackle.
    I actually loved that comment. He's right. Weíve got an attitude because we'll beat the hell out of you. We hit hard and expose people for what they are.

LARON SMASH!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    To be fair if you read through the thread there are plenty of Bills fans on there who defend the play saying it was clean.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    not much to get excited about if you're a bills fan. the qb play isn't good, their #1 draft pick didn't look good, their $100 million pass rusher didn't look good, and when they were down 4 scores their best offense was handing it off to a fast rb rather than throwing it. on opening day you generally have the fewest injuries you'll have all season, and you should be pumped to play your best football, especially against a divisional opponent. let them gripe about how the jets tackle aggressively, or how howard b**chslapped mario williams. b/c if they don't beat the chiefs this sunday they'll be considered the most disappointing team in the nfl.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Landry hit on Jackson was dirty though

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt39 View Post
    Dirty 30 can't help that he breaks guys left and right.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol no

it was a textbook tackle

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    lol no

it was a textbook tackle
    breaking down and wrapping up is a textbook tackle....directly spearing your head at the ball carriers knee from the side is dirty. Landry knew what he was doing....attacking that part of the knee is trying to hurt someone.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    Bunch of whiners.

Actually the majority seem to be taking it in stride if you read the other posts. My favorite:

"I'm still upset about how the Jets' RT (don't even remember his name) was bullying Mario Williams around & may have stolen his lunch money. Leave the Bills alone!"

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    breaking down and wrapping up is a textbook tackle....directly spearing your head at the ball carriers knee from the side is dirty. Landry knew what he was doing....attacking that part of the knee is trying to hurt someone.
    Watch the video again. thats not what happened. Check the Bills site above, there's a link to the video. Clean hit to the thigh.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Jet View Post
    Watch the video again. thats not what happened. Check the Bills site above, there's a link to the video. Clean hit to the thigh.
    Right, never hit his knee, hit the thigh and the knee buckled...this shot is the only still I could find and shows after he hit him in the pad...never touched the knees...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    To be fair if you read through the thread there are plenty of Bills fans on there who defend the play saying it was clean.
    This is on target. There's a bunch of people disagreeing with the OP.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not even close. it was just bad luck that jackson was planting his foot at the same time as the hit. If Jackson's leg was not planted he would have just done and had a little bruise on his thigh the next morning. If he can't hit like that and you can't hit up high you are left with flag football.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetStream View Post
    Right, never hit his knee, hit the thigh and the knee buckled...this shot is the only still I could find and shows after he hit him in the pad...never touched the knees...

Yeah, LaRon is just trying to sweep his legs out because he can't make a wrap-up tackle. Nothing wrong with that - hitting him on the thigh and not the knee.

It just happened to have happened at the same instant that Jackson was firmly planted into the turf with his other leg [knee fully extended, even a bit hyper]. A moment earlier or later he just would have tumbled over to the ground and no one would be talking about any bad form on Landry's part.

BTW - this photo is AFTER LaRon already made impact with the first leg.
    Last edited by adpz; 09-11-2012 at 02:52 PM.