Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 128

Thread: Worst Nightmare

  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    More like losing 35-10

    I don't see why this is so hard for some to comprehend.

    We're fans.

    We pay money and set aside 3 hours of our lives every Sunday for this team.

    So, do I want to watch a mediocre, inept product on the field? F*ck no

    Many of us have been fans of this team for 30+ years and it seems like sh*t just never changes. They give you hope for a while (Rex/Sanchez's first two years) only to rip your heart out, stomp it on the ground and proceed to piss all over it.

    No, I'm not happy with simply making it to the tournament. Since when the hell did that turn into the goal? This team isn't getting past Denver, New England and Houston to make it to the bowl. So what the hell is the point?
    + 1.

    Great post.

  2. #82
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,854
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Actually, normal Jets fans would like to see change and would sacrifice a Wild Card round loss for it.

    I want the Jets to win, not make the playoffs and lose. I'd much rather have CHANGE than 9-7 and COMPLACENCY. This organization has proved time and time again under this regime to be COMPLACENT when we make the playoffs and LOSE.

    Sorry I, unlike you, care about the long term success of this team, not a 5 game stretch against a bunch of **** teams to make the playoffs and lose to a real team.

    We're the best worst team in the league.

    Awesome.
    Thank you

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I don't see why this is so hard for some to comprehend.

    We're fans.

    We pay money and set aside 3 hours of our lives every Sunday for this team.

    So, do I want to watch a mediocre, inept product on the field? F*ck no

    Many of us have been fans of this team for 30+ years and it seems like sh*t just never changes. They give you hope for a while (Rex/Sanchez's first two years) only to rip your heart out, stomp it on the ground and proceed to piss all over it.

    No, I'm not happy with simply making it to the tournament. Since when the hell did that turn into the goal? This team isn't getting past Denver, New England and Houston to make it to the bowl. So what the hell is the point?
    So... We should root for them to lose... Why is it so hard for you to understand that the rest of this season will play little if any role in who is here next year. Your are stuck with it for 2013... Why not try and enjoy any hope they give you , even if it is as slim as a piece of gum!

  4. #84
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Actually, normal Jets fans would like to see change and would sacrifice a Wild Card round loss for it.

    I want the Jets to win, not make the playoffs and lose. I'd much rather have CHANGE than 9-7 and COMPLACENCY. This organization has proved time and time again under this regime to be COMPLACENT when we make the playoffs and LOSE.

    Sorry I, unlike you, care about the long term success of this team, not a 5 game stretch against a bunch of **** teams to make the playoffs and lose to a real team.

    We're the best worst team in the league.

    Awesome.
    OK who coaches the team next year? Who is the GM and who is the QB?

    Provide specific names, how they are acquired and why the will perform better than the guys here.

    FYI, the last time the Jets made the playoffs, nobody gave them a chance and they beat a couple of "real teams"

    In order to reach the SB, the team must first make the playoffs.

    Call me crazy, but until there is no mathematic chance at making the SB, I will root for them to win.

  5. #85
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    4,605
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I don't see why this is so hard for some to comprehend.

    We're fans.

    We pay money and set aside 3 hours of our lives every Sunday for this team.

    So, do I want to watch a mediocre, inept product on the field? F*ck no

    Many of us have been fans of this team for 30+ years and it seems like sh*t just never changes. They give you hope for a while (Rex/Sanchez's first two years) only to rip your heart out, stomp it on the ground and proceed to piss all over it.

    No, I'm not happy with simply making it to the tournament. Since when the hell did that turn into the goal? This team isn't getting past Denver, New England and Houston to make it to the bowl. So what the hell is the point?
    Then don't watch if you are unhappy with the product. Not watching says a hell of a lot more than watching and complaining regardless of the outcome. Is the product a great one? No. Even average one? Probably not. But to watch and hope they lose for whatever reason you want to justify, just reeks of drama queen. You want them to lose so a change can be made so they can start winning, but you refuse to enjoy the wins that happen right now.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I don't see why this is so hard for some to comprehend.

    We're fans.

    We pay money and set aside 3 hours of our lives every Sunday for this team.

    So, do I want to watch a mediocre, inept product on the field? F*ck no

    Many of us have been fans of this team for 30+ years and it seems like sh*t just never changes. They give you hope for a while (Rex/Sanchez's first two years) only to rip your heart out, stomp it on the ground and proceed to piss all over it.

    No, I'm not happy with simply making it to the tournament. Since when the hell did that turn into the goal? This team isn't getting past Denver, New England and Houston to make it to the bowl. So what the hell is the point?
    If you really were a fan of this team for 30+ years, you would realize that being on the brink of a 3rd playoff appearance in 4 years is the complete opposite of "sh*t" never changing.

  7. #87
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,854
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post

    FYI, the last time the Jets made the playoffs, nobody gave them a chance and they beat a couple of "real teams"
    Yeah, back when we had a Top 3 defense, Top 5 running game, probably the best OL in the league and Sanchez wasn't totally f*cking clueless.

    Big difference

  8. #88
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    Then don't watch if you are unhappy with the product. Not watching says a hell of a lot more than watching and complaining regardless of the outcome. Is the product a great one? No. Even average one? Probably not. But to watch and hope they lose for whatever reason you want to justify, just reeks of drama queen. You want them to lose so a change can be made so they can start winning, but you refuse to enjoy the wins that happen right now.
    What these drama queens (well done!) don't seem to understand is that all of these changes they so badly want are not guaranteed to work any better than what's already here. They complain about how this franchise is in a constant state of dysfunction, then they proceed to demand the coach and GM get fired.

    The team is not great but can we let the season play out first and enjoy the wins? Come on man.

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    OK who coaches the team next year? Who is the GM and who is the QB?

    Provide specific names, how they are acquired and why the will perform better than the guys here.

    FYI, the last time the Jets made the playoffs, nobody gave them a chance and they beat a couple of "real teams"

    In order to reach the SB, the team must first make the playoffs.

    Call me crazy, but until there is no mathematic chance at making the SB, I will root for them to win.
    GM? Eric DeCosta of the Ravens.

    HC? Rex Ryan will be here.

    QB? Open competition between Sanchez, McElroy and the veteran (Vick? Smith? Flynn?) that is signed.

    And this team cannot be compared to 2010.

  10. #90
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,853
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I don't see why this is so hard for some to comprehend.

    We're fans.

    We pay money and set aside 3 hours of our lives every Sunday for this team.

    So, do I want to watch a mediocre, inept product on the field? F*ck no

    Many of us have been fans of this team for 30+ years and it seems like sh*t just never changes. They give you hope for a while (Rex/Sanchez's first two years) only to rip your heart out, stomp it on the ground and proceed to piss all over it.

    No, I'm not happy with simply making it to the tournament. Since when the hell did that turn into the goal? This team isn't getting past Denver, New England and Houston to make it to the bowl. So what the hell is the point?
    So you are more happy to not make it? I'd that what you are saying. Just stop while you can. It makes no sense whatsoever.

    If they make it to the playoffs and get crushed, will I be pissed? Yes. But these guys play 16 freaking games a year. Those 3 hours are a sanctuary for me. I don't have to take out the garbage, I don't have to pick **** up. I don't have to clean gutters..... I could go on and on. I get to watch my team play football. I'll take as many games per year as I can get. I'd rather them lose then them not playing at all.

  11. #91
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,854
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    So you are more happy to not make it? I'd that what you are saying. Just stop while you can. It makes no sense whatsoever.
    Yes

    I don't understand how I could be any more clear.

    Missing the playoffs for the second year in a row and ending up 6-10 or 7-9 increases the odds that we rid ourselves of a blowhard like Rex and a glorified accountant like Tannenbaum.

    And even though we're stuck with Sanchez, it also increases the odds that we at least bring in some legitimate competition to challenge him next season.

    So yeah, I'll gladly take that scenario over getting sh*t on by Denver or New England in the first round and being stuck with this bunch of f*cking clowns for another season.

    Is that clear enough?

  12. #92
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,853
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Yes

    I don't understand how I could be any more clear.

    Missing the playoffs for the second year in a row and ending up 6-10 or 7-9 increases the odds that we rid ourselves of a blowhard like Rex and a glorified accountant like Tannenbaum.

    And even though we're stuck with Sanchez, it also increases the odds that we at least bring in some legitimate competition to challenge him next season.

    So yeah, I'll gladly take that scenario over getting sh*t on by Denver or New England in the first round and being stuck with this bunch of f*cking clowns for another season.

    Is that clear enough?
    You just don't get it. A 7-9 record or a 9-7 record won't mean anything when it comes to Rex being here or not. I really don't know why you think this. I don't want to say you are wrong, but.....

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Yes

    I don't understand how I could be any more clear.

    Missing the playoffs for the second year in a row and ending up 6-10 or 7-9 increases the odds that we rid ourselves of a blowhard like Rex and a glorified accountant like Tannenbaum.

    And even though we're stuck with Sanchez, it also increases the odds that we at least bring in some legitimate competition to challenge him next season.

    So yeah, I'll gladly take that scenario over getting sh*t on by Denver or New England in the first round and being stuck with this bunch of f*cking clowns for another season.

    Is that clear enough?
    It's clear. But it's mind-numbingly idiotic.

  14. #94
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,854
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    It's clear. But it's mind-numbingly idiotic.
    As is your continued defense of a bum QB like Sanchez and a dumbass like Rex whose blind loyalty to certain players will prove to be his downfall.

    Some of you guys are like battered women who defend the douchebag that beats you.

  15. #95
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    As is your continued defense of a bum QB like Sanchez and a dumbass like Rex whose blind loyalty to certain players will prove to be his downfall.

    Some of you guys are like battered women who defend the douchebag that beats you.

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    As is your continued defense of a bum QB like Sanchez and a dumbass like Rex whose blind loyalty to certain players will prove to be his downfall.

    Some of you guys are like battered women who defend the douchebag that beats you.
    Answer me this, if the stars align and by some miracle the Jets make the playoffs, are you going to root for them?

    Rooting for them wouldn't fit your agenda for change. So tell me, what's it like in Untouchable's living room Wildcard Weekend with the Jets on TV?

  17. #97
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    3,099
    What we can be happy about:

    Beating a team that was projected to be one of the worst 3 teams in the league, without their two best players on offense (Shorts and MJD). So we should celebrate this win in the same manner than Notre Dame celebrates beating Navy every year.

    What we should be talking about is Wilkerson being a beast and the possibility that Coples can make a similar jump next year could be exciting.

    What we need to be concerned about is the team that we needed a "miracle" drive by McElroy to beat, got destroyed today by 50+ points. We need to be concerned that despite our record, our QB is a detriment to our team. What I am saying is that our defense is good enough to give us 12 wins, Our special teams -2 wins, and our offense -2 wins, netting us 7 wins.

    Its 1974 all over again. we were 1-7, we win our last 6 games and the front office erroneously overrated the team. Made a ton of moves with the "win now" mondra and the resulted in a 3 win season to follow.

    so we beat a couple of teams that are competing for the top pick in the draft. So lets keep the status quo. so we will be running the same garbage out there next year, watching Sanchez struggle to complete half his passes, turn the ball over another 25 times and this time probably lose 10 games.

    What really has me worried is that might not be bad enough to warrant changes in Woody's mind.

  18. #98
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,854
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    Answer me this, if the stars align and by some miracle the Jets make the playoffs, are you going to root for them?

    Rooting for them wouldn't fit your agenda for change. So tell me, what's it like in Untouchable's living room Wildcard Weekend with the Jets on TV?
    Of course I would root for them in the playoffs.

    Doesn't change the fact that they would basically have a snowballs chance in hell of making any kind of noise.

  19. #99
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,115
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    What we can be happy about:

    Beating a team that was projected to be one of the worst 3 teams in the league, without their two best players on offense (Shorts and MJD). So we should celebrate this win in the same manner than Notre Dame celebrates beating Navy every year.

    What we should be talking about is Wilkerson being a beast and the possibility that Coples can make a similar jump next year could be exciting.

    What we need to be concerned about is the team that we needed a "miracle" drive by McElroy to beat, got destroyed today by 50+ points. We need to be concerned that despite our record, our QB is a detriment to our team. What I am saying is that our defense is good enough to give us 12 wins, Our special teams -2 wins, and our offense -2 wins, netting us 7 wins.

    Its 1974 all over again. we were 1-7, we win our last 6 games and the front office erroneously overrated the team. Made a ton of moves with the "win now" mondra and the resulted in a 3 win season to follow.

    so we beat a couple of teams that are competing for the top pick in the draft. So lets keep the status quo. so we will be running the same garbage out there next year, watching Sanchez struggle to complete half his passes, turn the ball over another 25 times and this time probably lose 10 games.

    What really has me worried is that might not be bad enough to warrant changes in Woody's mind.
    Agree with all of this.

    But it's "mantra." Just sayin'.

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Of course I would root for them in the playoffs.

    Doesn't change the fact that they would basically have a snowballs chance in hell of making any kind of noise.
    So you're a hypocrite.

    "I want them to lose. But if they win, I'll root for them too"

    -Untouchable

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us