Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyJets04 View Post
    Exactly. The worst thing that can happen to the jets is beat scrub teams. That way next year they all will return. The GM, the coaching staff, Rex, Sanchez...etc

You homers just don't see that. Who cares if we make the playoffs? even if we make the playoffs, We will get blown out in the 1st round. We got no WRs, no QB, no Rb. Inept coaching staff. Please... Sanchez had less than 100 yards vs the Jaguars... I repeat the JAGUARS....
    Complete crap.

So we should root fort the team to lose when the playoffs are still in reach, all so we can hope that the the coaching staff is replaced by a staff to be deterimined...

Complete and utter stupidity.

This inept coaching staff still has this team playing hard with JAG players on the field around Sanchez.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Haha. Are you trying to pick an Internet fight with me because i told you to relax?
    Just tell Vin you are a Namath fan...that will get him foaming at the mouth.

It's ok. It happens from time to time. Don't be hard on yourself.
    You're a real piece of work, buddy.

I bet you make friends very easily with that sort of attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Just tell Vin you are a Namath fan...that will get him foaming at the mouth.
    Won't work this time.

I love Namath now.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    You're a real piece of work, buddy.

I bet you make friends very easily with that sort of attitude.

Won't work this time.

I love Namath now.
    You are a confusing person vin. I gotta say its very entertaining tho.

You are a confusing person vin. I gotta say its very entertaining tho.
    You're just as confusing, BURGH.

Sometimes I think you're a pretty solid poster and then times like now you pull off a good Magnus-impression.

All League
    You're just as confusing, BURGH.

Sometimes I think you're a pretty solid poster and then times like now you pull off a good Magnus-impression.
    Well thank you. I'd like to think I'm a pretty good poster too. Now lets burry the hatchet and root together for the single greatest team in the world. The New York Jets!

if the Jets had started McElroy and everything else was the same -- same score, same dominant run game and D, same QB stats -- would today's win still be considered a "worst nightmare?"

why or why not?

Well thank you. I'd like to think I'm a pretty good poster too. Now lets burry the hatchet and root together for the single greatest team in the world. The New York Jets!

You said "single greatest team in the world" and then put the "New York Jets" in the same sentence!

But I agree to bury the hatchet, though. No point in squabbling anymore.

I'll let the Jets FO, Coaching Staff, Players, and Media do that for us.

All League

You said "single greatest team in the world" and then put the "New York Jets" in the same sentence!

But I agree to bury the hatchet, though. No point in squabbling anymore.

I'll let the Jets FO, Coaching Staff, Players, and Media do that for us.
    I guess that part was a tongue in cheek moment. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    if the Jets had started McElroy and everything else was the same -- same score, same dominant run game and D, same QB stats -- would today's win still be considered a "worst nightmare?"

why or why not?
    excellent question.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    Funny that the people who root for their team to win are considered homers.

Anywhere else they're called fans.
    well if you want the Rex Ryan regime by no means, keep rooting. I said homer because sanchez is garbage and fans here still believe he can lead us to the promise land.
    Last edited by ArmyJets04; 12-09-2012 at 06:50 PM.

excellent question.
    Let's see....

On the "why" it would still be a nightmare, It has something to do with having Poor Draft Position. The more we win, the lower the draft pick becomes.

On the "why it would NOT" be a nightmare?

Sanchez Sucks, Tebow Blows, and McElroy is the only REAL QB on this damn team.

EDIT : BURGH, I just know you're going to chime in again with your usual charm.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Why? It's the truth.

Rex and Tanny will sell Woody on the injuries as to why this team didn't contend this year.

And we'll be subjected to once again witness another year of Sanchez behind center orchestrating a Sparano lead offense with Rex's goofy ass talking "Superbowl".
    Don't forget more this is the most talented team ever mumbo jumbo. Can't Wait.

Worst case scenario:

This team makes the playoffs, loses in first round against some actual decent competition, Sanchez doesn't throw a pick for the next 3 games (Lol) team feels confident moving forward.

Landry Jones falls to second round, is still available for our pick, team doesn't take him.

Sparano stays next year. Greene re-signed (HEY IT'S A PLAYOFF TEAM!) Sanchez still viewed as "developing," by front office.

Blech, the best possible thing that can happen for the long term future of the Jets is a 45-0 blowout at the hands of Tennessee.

That will kill playoff prospects and get Sanchez out of there at least for Tebow the last few weeks (which even though I hate Tebow, the guy deserves a two week audition because God will release him from the awful situation he is in.)

Let's see....

On the "why" it would still be a nightmare, It has something to do with having Poor Draft Position. The more we win, the lower the draft pick becomes.

On the "why it would NOT" be a nightmare?

Sanchez Sucks, Tebow Blows, and McElroy is the only REAL QB on this damn team.
    stop caring about the draft. stop thinking about next year. think about right now and the next 3 weeks.

If our history is any indication, we draft better when we're mid-1st round anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Worst case scenario:

This team makes the playoffs, loses in first round against some actual decent competition, Sanchez doesn't throw a pick for the next 3 games (Lol) team feels confident moving forward.

Landry Jones falls to second round, is still available for our pick, team doesn't take him.

Sparano stays next year. Greene re-signed (HEY IT'S A PLAYOFF TEAM!) Sanchez still viewed as "developing," by front office.

Blech, the best possible thing that can happen for the long term future of the Jets is a 45-0 blowout at the hands of Tennessee.

That will kill playoff prospects and get Sanchez out of there at least for Tebow the last few weeks (which even though I hate Tebow, the guy deserves a two week audition because God will release him from the awful situation he is in.)

But God hates the Jets so Teblow will remain on the team.

stop caring about the draft. stop thinking about next year. think about right now and the next 3 weeks.

If our history is any indication, we draft better when we're mid-1st round anyway.
    Can't argue with that. So how many losses do the Jets need to have in order to keep in that Mid-1st-round realm?

Let's see....

Who won the Super Bowl last year? Oh yeah, a team that was bad enough to get a top 2 pick for Manning/Rivers.

Who won the year before that? Oh yeah, the team that drafted Aaron Rodgers and let him DEVELOP behind a HALL OF FAMER.

Who won the year before that? Oh yeah, another QB who was allowed to stink while he developed........

Before that? Ben Roethlisberger who if God built a QB he would look like.

Before that? Manning.

2007? Peyton of course. Colts sucked some serious tailpipe to get him.

2006? Roethlisberger

2005? Brady, who got playing time due to injury but was ALLOWED to earn the backup position, despite losing his starting job in college to Drew Henson. Not saying McElroy will be Brady, but will say that McElroy should get a shot.

2004? Brady again.

We have to go back 10 years for what this franchise is shoveling us as a means to win a Super Bowl!

I say get serious.

But God hates the Jets so Teblow will remain on the team.

Can't argue with that. So how many losses do the Jets need to have in order to keep in that Mid-1st-round realm?

but personally i'm rooting for the 32nd pick in the draft.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Complete crap.

So we should root fort the team to lose when the playoffs are still in reach, all so we can hope that the the coaching staff is replaced by a staff to be deterimined...

Complete and utter stupidity.

This inept coaching staff still has this team playing hard with JAG players on the field around Sanchez.
    LOL.. We will get destroyed and embarrassed in the playoffs if somehow make it. All that will do is keep the Rex regime here. It is a passing league and we need a different mentality leading us.

Also, who did we just played? Arizona (who is getting destroyed right now) and Jacksonville (one of the worst teams in the NFL).
    These JAG players are playing "hard" because Rex is a player-friendly coach. No accountability

I believe 100% sanchez is not the answer for this team. Rex completely lost me when he didn't even activate McElroy.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Worst case scenario:

+1, couldn't said it any better.