Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 128

Thread: Worst Nightmare

  1. #61
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,512
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    Funny that the people who root for their team to win are considered homers.

    Anywhere else they're called fans.
    Rooting for your team and blindly supporting every decision they make are two different things.

    Some of you guys act like 12 year olds.

    If someone says something in a negative light about the Jets, you proceed to jump all over them.

  2. #62
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    6,873
    Post Thanks / Like
    A true fan doesn't hope his team loses so they get a 'better' draft pick.

    BUT...if a 'true' fan wants to lose, it would actually be better to wait next year to lose, considering we have Sanchez for another year UNLESS a team will trade for him. Would then be better to take a QB in 2014 draft.

  3. #63
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,849
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Rooting for your team and blindly supporting every decision they make are two different things.

    Some of you guys act like 12 year olds.

    If someone says something in a negative light about the Jets, you proceed to jump all over them.
    I don't think it's blindly supporting them. Take the QB situation. It's the most talked about situation the jets have had in a long time. There are those that believe Sanchez shouldn't start. He very well probably shouldn't start. The problem lies with available back ups. Those that believe Sanchez should start could be construed as blind. The lack of options is what is the dividing point among fans. Mark is the best QB on the roster. There is not one sporting analyst that will say different.

    I'm one of the ones that have a problem with some of the negativity. I see a team playing the best of a $hitty roster. I see people defending a crappy situation because they know there is no other options. There will always be a divide between some fans

  4. #64
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,548
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cooler King View Post
    If you are true Jet fan this game is your worst nightmare..you have proved absolutely nothing beating just an horrendous team...you are going to stick with this pathetic QB and haven't evaluated McElroy...nice job Rex....go puff your chest out about your defense at your post game press conference....you have set the organization back 2-3 years....wonderful.....
    👍

  5. #65
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,548
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetspennyfan View Post
    McElroy is nothing, he's not going to be a franchise QB.

    I love when people say "set back the franchise for yours." In the NFL, everything changes every year.
    Whatever McElroy is is much better than the guy wearing #6, I guarantee it...

  6. #66
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,548
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    If McElroy is nothing, then Sanchez and Tebow are less than "nothing".



    McElroy is eons better as a QB than those two morons.
    👍

  7. #67
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is still a chance at the playoffs.

    I don't know how you guys can actually root for them to lose right now.

    Y'all should probably find a new team.

  8. #68
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,512
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    There is still a chance at the playoffs.

    I don't know how you guys can actually root for them to lose right now.

    Y'all should probably find a new team.


    Let's just say that we do make the playoffs (LOL).

    We'll likely have to face a team like Denver or New England in the first round.

    Now, forget about winning. How much faith do you have that this team won't get totally embarrassed on national TV?

    Yeah, so what's the point?

  9. #69
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,849
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post


    Let's just say that we do make the playoffs (LOL).

    We'll likely have to face a team like Denver or New England in the first round.

    Now, forget about winning. How much faith do you have that this team won't get totally embarrassed on national TV?

    Yeah, so what's the point?
    Who cares? So you would rather not make the playoffs then make it and lose big? That's just crazy to imagine that you like sports and would rather not make the playoffs..... Weird

  10. #70
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post


    Let's just say that we do make the playoffs (LOL).

    We'll likely have to face a team like Denver or New England in the first round.

    Now, forget about winning. How much faith do you have that this team won't get totally embarrassed on national TV?

    Yeah, so what's the point?
    Who cares if they get embarrassed, really? What exactly does that mean? 21-20 or 45-3... It's all the same to me -- a loss.

    I guess you should just write to Woody and tell him to forfeit the rest of the season because you want a high draft pick.

    This is a serious question... Why do you continue to root for a team you clearly despise?

  11. #71
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    830
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Rooting for your team and blindly supporting every decision they make are two different things.

    Some of you guys act like 12 year olds.

    If someone says something in a negative light about the Jets, you proceed to jump all over them.
    I don't blindly support every decision. I've criticized Sanchez, I've criticized Rex. But when 90% of this board goes off the absolute deep end with the fire everyone schtick, I step in and give an opposite perspective. I don't think everyone should be fired. I don't believe in restarting every four years when things go wrong and I don't root for losses so my team can have a better draft pick. If that makes me a homer, so be it.

    A "negative light" would be polite compared to the thrashing that goes on around here.

  12. #72
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,883
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Who cares if they get embarrassed, really? What exactly does that mean? 21-20 or 45-3... It's all the same to me -- a loss.

    I guess you should just write to Woody and tell him to forfeit the rest of the season because you want a high draft pick.

    This is a serious question... Why do you continue to root for a team you clearly despise?
    I never understood that strange logic either. Who in their right mind doesn't want to make the playoffs? You have to be in it to win it.

  13. #73
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,353
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Who cares if they get embarrassed, really? What exactly does that mean? 21-20 or 45-3... It's all the same to me -- a loss.

    I guess you should just write to Woody and tell him to forfeit the rest of the season because you want a high draft pick.

    This is a serious question... Why do you continue to root for a team you clearly despise?
    I would be all for finishing with 8 or 9 wins. if you don't draft number one...what's the difference between say 12 to 14 etc. Today was a bit slow and boring but at east we had fun.

    I'd like to see Braylon play the last few games as a JET.

  14. #74
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,512
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Who cares? So you would rather not make the playoffs then make it and lose big? That's just crazy to imagine that you like sports and would rather not make the playoffs..... Weird
    Ummm, yeah?

    Sanchez couldn't even muster 100 yards and a single score against the f*cking Jaguars.

    You think he's going to be able to keep up with Brady or Peyton? Without his Top 3 receivers no less?

    And you guys who say you'd rather make the playoffs and get blown out instead of missing them altogether are the same ones who will be in the game thread saying "F*ck this team" or "I'm done" when we're getting our asses handed to us.

  15. #75
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,849
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Ummm, yeah?

    Sanchez couldn't even muster 100 yards and a single score against the f*cking Jaguars.

    You think he's going to be able to keep up with Brady or Peyton? Without his Top 3 receivers no less?

    And you guys who say you'd rather make the playoffs and get blown out instead of missing them altogether are the same ones who will be in the game thread saying "F*ck this team" or "I'm done" when we're getting our asses handed to us.
    What do you think you are doing in the regular season games chief? Even after wins......


    This is just crazy talk now

  16. #76
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    8,385
    Post Thanks / Like
    Going 9-7 to lose by 20-30 to Denver or Baltimore is a lot worse than going 7-9.

    Wins like these aren't even enjoyable.

  17. #77
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    830
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post


    Let's just say that we do make the playoffs (LOL).

    We'll likely have to face a team like Denver or New England in the first round.

    Now, forget about winning. How much faith do you have that this team won't get totally embarrassed on national TV?

    Yeah, so what's the point?
    Let's talk about that word, embarrassment.

    It's probably repeated every single week here. We're an embarrassment on national TV, we're an embarrassment to the league, we're an embarrassment to hard working, PSL paying Jets fans.

    You know how you put an end to that embarrassment you seem to embrace so much? You make the playoffs and you win games. And if you don't win games, you go down fighting and giving it your all. Then you can stand tall at the end of the season and say to everyone that said it was over, and to everyone that called you an embarrassment, that you turned around, said **** you, and did the impossible.

    If you can't empathize with that, if you can't see that this is what it's all about, then turn off your god damn TV, log off this god damn website and stop being a fan.

    That's the point.

  18. #78
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Going 9-7 to lose by 20-30 to Denver or Baltimore is a lot worse than going 7-9.

    Wins like these aren't even enjoyable.
    Maybe in your twisted brain missing the playoffs is better than making it, but please understand that normal people do not think this way.

    If you don't like watching the Jets win, why are you even watching to begin with?

    I hear Manchester United has a good team. You might be happier with soccer.

  19. #79
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    8,385
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Maybe in your twisted brain missing the playoffs is better than making it, but please understand that normal people do not think this way.

    If you don't like watching the Jets win, why are you even watching to begin with?

    I hear Manchester United has a good team. You might be happier with soccer.
    Actually, normal Jets fans would like to see change and would sacrifice a Wild Card round loss for it.

    I want the Jets to win, not make the playoffs and lose. I'd much rather have CHANGE than 9-7 and COMPLACENCY. This organization has proved time and time again under this regime to be COMPLACENT when we make the playoffs and LOSE.

    Sorry I, unlike you, care about the long term success of this team, not a 5 game stretch against a bunch of **** teams to make the playoffs and lose to a real team.

    We're the best worst team in the league.

    Awesome.

  20. #80
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,512
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Going 9-7 to lose by 20-30 to Denver or Baltimore is a lot worse than going 7-9.

    Wins like these aren't even enjoyable.


    I don't see why this is so hard for some to comprehend.

    We're fans.

    We pay money and set aside 3 hours of our lives every Sunday for this team.

    So, do I want to watch a mediocre, inept product on the field? F*ck no

    Many of us have been fans of this team for 30+ years and it seems like sh*t just never changes. They give you hope for a while (Rex/Sanchez's first two years) only to rip your heart out, stomp it on the ground and proceed to piss all over it.

    No, I'm not happy with simply making it to the tournament. Since when the hell did that turn into the goal? This team isn't getting past Denver, New England and Houston to make it to the bowl. So what the hell is the point?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us