Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Worst Nightmare

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

You're the biggest douchebag on this board and everyone knows it except for the handful of homers that are just as blind as you are.

You actually make TX seem tolerable.

God help us.
    LOL

I wonder if the message board police will sound off on this.

GFY you deplorable fantasy nerd, to you football is measured with fantasy stats, and it's a flawed mindset.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    This is my last post responding to you.

I'm not overvaluing this team. We are average. Our QB is mediocre. Our HC is mediocre. But despite this average mediocrity, we're alive in the playoff hunt with a very plausible scenario for getting in. We don't have a Roethlisberger, we're certainly not the Greatest Show on Turf. But we have a chance. I will be rooting like hell for that chance.

Now if our next three opponents were the 85 Bears, 2000 Ravens, and the 16-0 Patriots, I'd be the first to say alright boys, pack it in. But the fact is we have three sub par opponents, that despite being sub par ourselves, we can beat. Can we lose any of the three? Absolutely. Maybe all three. But I'm rooting like hell for them to win every single one.

So what happens if we win all three, the other teams lose the games they have to lose, and we get in? Guess what? I'm still rooting like hell for them. I'm not saying they're suddenly going to flip this switch and smoke the Patriots or Broncos in the first round, chances are they won't. Chances are we'll be a quick first round exit. But chance is simply that... chance. I'll take the opportunity to shock the world, or more specifically, shock their own fan base, any day of the week. You know who automatically loses? The guys that never play in the first round. The guys that sit at home and root for their own team to lose because in their twisted logic, that's going to improve the team. Never once thinking to themselves that, if we do by some miracle make the playoffs and lose in the first round, or if we do finish at 8-8 or 9-7, that these turn of events won't inspire the team to improve themselves going into next year. Rex Ryan is a competitor. Woody Johnson is a competitor. They will improve this team no matter what the result of this season is. So why not root for the best possible result that this season could have? Playoff football.

Good day sir.
    OWNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    The reality is for 2013 Rex and Sanchez are coming back either way. The fact that we host the Super Bowl already curses us for next year.

I can't stand Sanchez and would rather have McElroy in but I don't think winning these games will set us back for the next 2-3 years. Reality is he will be back next year and so will McElroy.

In the NFL whenever you have a chance to win you do it. Drafting high won't fix our problems and when was the last time we drafted well with a pick in the top 10 anyways? (Sanchez, Gholston, Kyle Brady, Blair Thomas) were are all top 10 picks. Only good one was Keyshawn and he was a loud mouth.

IF (and that's a big if) we can win out MAYBE it gives us a reason to at least attract some decent free agents who can contribute. Our coach and QB are inept buffoons but at least having a coach and QB who made the playoffs 3 out of 4 years and stink may sound attractive.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    I understand why people are hoping the Jets don't make the playoffs. I understood why last year as well.

Addition by subtraction.

I just can't root against my team. If they lose I'm not gonna be jumping for joy. I guess there's a silver lining though to everything.

And even if the Jets make the playoffs, I don't think Tanny stays. Anything less than an AFC Championship appearance, and Tanny is shown the door IMO.
    +1 I can't root for the Jets to lose.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I already told you what happens if we make the playoffs.

I root my ass off for them. But am I going to delude myself into thinking that we have a legitimate shot at the Superbowl?

F*ck no.

And you know why?

Because our HC is a clueless jackass who likes to play his personal favorites and highest paid on the roster instead of the players who give us the best chance to win football games.

Gee, what a novel concept.
    THIS.

We may get on the team for 6 days a week, but come kickoff we're all rooting for the team, hoping they prove us wrong and show us something, but they continue to fall short and a 9-7 Wild Card RAPE against a superior team is going to make me feel worse and the TEAM WORSE for 2013.

For the poster before that said Schottenheimer was fired after a 14-2 season in San Diego, I guess you don't pay too much attention to the Jets organization. When this team makes the playoffs, zero changes are made. Zero. They are complacent to a TEE.

It's okay if Rex and *gulp* Bumchez are brought back, so long as Bumchez is "Matt Flynn'd" behind a better Quarterback and the GM is changed, with Tannenbaum being demoted or fired, whichever he and Woody work out. He'll never get another GM job again, so it would be better if he were demoted back to being a capologist.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    A true fan doesn't hope his team loses so they get a 'better' draft pick.
    I agree although the Colts practically took the field and sat in lawn chairs last season. The Colts stunk but the shameless dive they took was of epic proprotions to secure the #1 pick.

Can't blame 'em though because no Colts fan cares about last season this season.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    How is it a "nightmare"?

We're on pace to a forgettable, but respectable, 8-8 season. Not a winner, but not a loser either. The Jets have been far from the dregs of the NFL for years now, consistently good or at worst average. Thats better, in most ways, than going 4-12 would have been.

If you're upset about draft picks or Rex coming back, don't bother. Picks are a crapshoot (remember where we got Revis, and where we got Ghost, for example) and Rex was coming back (with Sanchez) for at least 2013 regardless. A loss today wasn't changing that.

It's a pretty rough day when one feels the need to root against their own team. I've never quite understood it. What the root-against fan usually wants isn't realistic or happening anyway most times, or is at-bets a desire to trade average for unknown, and unknown is often, wait for it, average or worse too.

When you consider how you choose to feel about today, try to understand: Rex wasn't going to be fired, and neither was Sanchez. So why be mad?

Well said my man. I will never route against my team. It is truly painful to watch sometimes though.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    We all know this season feels like a waste of time, but until they are officially eliminated from playoff contention - there is not a single person or player in the whole organization that is goijg to intentionally tank games so the fans will be happier that they get a higher draft pick.