Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: We are one out of the last Wild Card...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    I wouldn't worry about the Colts, they are pretty much a lock now for one of the spots, it will come down to about 4 teams for the final spot.
    I'd disagree with you, if only the Chiefs weren't sandwiched in between their two upcoming games with the Texans.

But then again, you don't know in the NFL. Colts pulled out two squeakers against the Lions last week and the Titans today. Certainly not steamrolling teams right now.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    The last 3 games are very winnable we just have to handle business
    It's 2011 all over again.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cincy also has to play at Philly where they could run into trouble. Eagles are playing better now with Foles and had a damn good comeback win at TB today.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nj2socaljetsfan View Post
    anybody know the tie breaker situation with Cinci? I know we basically need the steelers to lose two games.
    We need Cowboys to beat Steelers and then Bengals to beat Steelers to eliminate them. And then Bengals to lose to @Eagles or Ravens. Colts will win vs KC so that is what we need.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    I'd disagree with you, if only the Chiefs weren't sandwiched in between their two upcoming games with the Texans.

But then again, you don't know in the NFL. Colts pulled out two squeakers against the Lions last week and the Titans today. Certainly not steamrolling teams right now.
    They are squeaking by all year long. They actually have scored almost 40 points less than their opponents.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    We are actually 2 out b/c the Steelers have the tie breaker against us b/c they beat us this year. So we have to hope they lose 2 of the next 3 and we win out. Plus the Bengals are a game ahead of us and they have one more win in the conference then us so we have to hope they lose 2 out of 3 as well. Then we would get in.
    Don't look at the conference wins, look at the losses. We both have 5.

Assuming we win the next 3, we'll get to 7-5 in the conference. They only have to lose one to drop to 6-6.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Assuming we win our last 3, we will have the conference record tiebreaker over Cincy if they lose to Pitt or Balt in the last two weeks.

Of course we're going to want them to beat Pitt, because Pitt has the head-to-head tiebreaker over us.

Just gotta keep winning on our end.
    That's a clear explanation. So basically we want Cincy to beat Pittsburgh but lose to the Ravens. Pittsburgh has to play the Cowboys and Cincy the next two weeks so that's pretty tough for them. If the lose both those games they can go no better than 8-8.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DJF71 View Post
    We need Cowboys to beat Steelers and then Bengals to beat Steelers to eliminate them. And then Bengals to lose to @Eagles or Ravens. Colts will win vs KC so that is what we need.
    And that's actually a possibility because both Dallas and Cincy are still alive for a playoff spot and the Ravens will be playing for Seed position when they face Cincy. Also Pittsburgh has to play at Dallas next sunday, which is not ideal for them.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    That's a clear explanation. So basically we want Cincy to beat Pittsburgh but lose to the Ravens. Pittsburgh has to play the Cowboys and Cincy the next two weeks so that's pretty tough for them. If the lose both those games they can go no better than 8-8.
    Don't take my word for it if Pitt Cincy & Jets all end up tied, I have no idea what happens there.

Basically my scenario is tying with the Bengals at 9-7, and finishing ahead of the Steelers at 8-8. We would get in.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

Assuming Jets win out 3 things need to happen

1. Pitt loses next week at Dallas

2. Cinci beats Pitt week 16

3. Ravens beat Cinci week 17

or

if by some miracle Colts lose out, it seems Jets would make playoffs regardless of how bengals and steelers finished the year.

Tenn would have made it a lot easier for the jets if they would have won today.
    Last edited by w0mbat; 12-09-2012 at 05:00 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't take my word for it if Pitt Cincy & Jets all end up tied, I have no idea what happens there.

Basically my scenario is tying with the Bengals at 9-7, and finishing ahead of the Steelers at 8-8. We would get in.
    If the Steelers win 9, and the Colts win 10, we are out. We lost to Pittsburgh already and although we win the tiebreaker over the Colts they would have to lose all 3 of their remaining games for that to happen (@Houston, @KC, Houston @ home).

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by w0mbat View Post

or

if by some miracle Colts lose out, it seems Jets would make playoffs regardless of how bengals and steelers finished the year.

Tenn would have made it a lot easier for the jets if they would have won today.

Hmm... not at all likely, but Houston is no pushover (I mean the are 11-1) and KC could have a chance to play spoiler so who knows?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by w0mbat View Post

Pitt can beat Cincy in week 16 and we'd still be alive. But that would have to be preceded by a loss to Dallas as you mentioned, and a loss to Cleveland week 17.

Let's say Cincy loses to Philly Thursday night, with that loss to Pitt we would jump ahead of them.

Just win baby.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would actually like to see the Pats beat Houston tomorrow night because that will make them play harder for Seed position in the remaining three. Also would be nice if they lost to the Vikings because they may not sit their starters for the final week match up with the Colts.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TechJet View Post
    Thats easy for you to say! I dont have enough confidence in this team. TN. Titans are next thats a loss, SD Chargers thats a loss and Buffallo that might even be a loss. I say we go 1-2 in our next three games.
    Damn Tech. Not really a glass half-full guy are ya.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    why on earth would any Jet fan truly want this joke of a team to make the playoffs. Why? to get embarassed? we have no Offense, we have no shot at beating any team with a winning record. Look at who we have beaten. We are the product of an easy schedule. The only thing making the playoffs will do is vindicate a crap front office and shoddy offensive play calling. The NY Jets as constituted are not a good football team and I as a LIFELONG Jet fan hate this years team, especially the no ballz qb. Im ready for a change at QB and we need to move foward without Sanchez playing. He will never win the Big game his mind is shot , hes twitchy and shaky. Hes done. today we won in spite of him. Id rather miss the playoffs and go in a different direction

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyJet View Post
    why on earth would any Jet fan truly want this joke of a team to make the playoffs. Why? to get embarassed? we have no Offense, we have no shot at beating any team with a winning record. Look at who we have beaten. We are the product of an easy schedule. The only thing making the playoffs will do is vindicate a crap front office and shoddy offensive play calling. The NY Jets as constituted are not a good football team and I as a LIFELONG Jet fan hate this years team, especially the no ballz qb. Im ready for a change at QB and we need to move foward without Sanchez playing. He will never win the Big game his mind is shot , hes twitchy and shaky. Hes done. today we won in spite of him. Id rather miss the playoffs and go in a different direction
    Ummm... because there is nothing better in sports than a playoff football game? Why would you pass on that chance?

Maybe our team winning these last few games actually brings us joy. Imagine that.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    MIAMI

the jets need to get in via 3+ team tie breaker since they will have a good chance of the best conference record of all teams.

actually, the jets REALLY want miami to win out and finish 9-7 also, thereby securing the chance that they are not in a 1 on 1 tie breaker with Pittsburgh.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    All winning should mean to all Jets fans is another year of this clown show. Do you think Sanchez is going suddenly become some above average QB next year. The minute this team goes against a legit contender they will crush us and the Sanchez we all know and have come to expect will be leading the way to another embarrassment.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    All winning should mean to all Jets fans is another year of this clown show. Do you think Sanchez is going suddenly become some above average QB next year. The minute this team goes against a legit contender they will crush us and the Sanchez we all know and have come to expect will be leading the way to another embarrassment.
    Sanchez plays his best when there is no tomorrow.

If he's awful in the playoffs then it will truly show whether he has the potential to recover to the guy he once was and beyond, or if the regression is permanent.

I'd be willing to see what happens.