Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: We are one out of the last Wild Card...

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    and if we get into the playoffs: ONE AND DONE! We have to beat better teams to advance. Do you see that happening with Suckchez at the helm?
    Then so be it one and done it is. All I want is the chance..

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    and if we get into the playoffs: ONE AND DONE! We have to beat better teams to advance. Do you see that happening with Suckchez at the helm?
    Thanks for the bulletin...good thing you're here

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyJet View Post
    why on earth would any Jet fan truly want this joke of a team to make the playoffs. Why? to get embarassed? we have no Offense, we have no shot at beating any team with a winning record. Look at who we have beaten. We are the product of an easy schedule. The only thing making the playoffs will do is vindicate a crap front office and shoddy offensive play calling. The NY Jets as constituted are not a good football team and I as a LIFELONG Jet fan hate this years team, especially the no ballz qb. Im ready for a change at QB and we need to move foward without Sanchez playing. He will never win the Big game his mind is shot , hes twitchy and shaky. Hes done. today we won in spite of him. Id rather miss the playoffs and go in a different direction
    Your a freaking nimrod!!! Go root for another team!!

Damn!! Ravens blew last weeks game against pittsburgh! That would of been huge

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyJet View Post
    We are the product of an easy schedule.
    During yesterday's game it was stated that the Jets played the TOUGHEST schedule in the first 12 games of the season, and have the easiest last 4 weeks.

So we are a product of our schedule - but not because it was easy. For all the crap we give our team, they could easily have been 4-8 / 3-9 or worse at the end of that stint. (Indy are the strongest team we beat, and we came within a whisker of letting Miami sweep us).

I'm actually impressed that the guys are still playing hard (especially on D) given the season we've had and the putrid offense we've put on the field week in week out. Credit to the coaching staff for not losing the locker room, despite the media's best efforts to portray otherwise.

Has anyone really enjoyed watching the last 7 hours of Jets football becuase it kept us in the playoff hunt? I feel like those are hours of my life that I will never get back.

This is the NFL we will be subjected to three more unwatchable football games for the right to play a quality opponent and a watchable football game.

What the schedule really indicates is the NFL needs to lose several teams before the fan will be subjected to quality football for 16 games a season.
    Last edited by Winstonbiggs; 12-10-2012 at 08:12 AM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Has anyone really enjoyed watching the last 7 hours of Jets football becuase it kept us in the playoff hunt? I feel like those are hours of my life that I will never get back.
    A win is a win man.. I'm not gonna complain about that no matter how ugly it comes.

It's simple:

If the Jets go 3-0, Pittsburgh will need to finish 1-2 or worse and Cincinnati 2-1 or worse to reach the playoffs so we can get our clocks cleaned in the Wild Card round, much more embarrassing than a 7-9 or 8-8 finish.

If we lose one game, we're eliminated - a much better situation for this team as a more likelihood of change SOMEWHERE in the core group emerges - unless Pittsburgh finishes 0-3 and Cincinnati 1-2.

Cincinnati plays Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh Week 16.

Jets could be officially eliminated as early as next Monday if Cincinnati beats Philadelphia and we lose to Tennessee.
    Last edited by 124; 12-10-2012 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    During yesterday's game it was stated that the Jets played the TOUGHEST schedule in the first 12 games of the season, and have the easiest last 4 weeks.

So we are a product of our schedule - but not because it was easy. For all the crap we give our team, they could easily have been 4-8 / 3-9 or worse at the end of that stint. (Indy are the strongest team we beat, and we came within a whisker of letting Miami sweep us).

I'm actually impressed that the guys are still playing hard (especially on D) given the season we've had and the putrid offense we've put on the field week in week out. Credit to the coaching staff for not losing the locker room, despite the media's best efforts to portray otherwise.
    I have not heard anything from the media regarding the locker room since the season started except for Tebow issues. Besides the SF game I don't think the media ever said the jets quit either. Why would you expect the team not to play hard? 1/2 of them are FA and are looking for their next contract. Teams see players quit, their value plummets. (ex Moss in Oakland 7 mill with pats 3 mill, haynesworth 10 mill with Redskins, 1.5mill with Pats)
    Quiters don't get paid.

Having a 4-7 record after that schedule of games, while certainly not expected, was and is understandable. But it was the margin that the team lost by that was unanticipated. Every team gets blown out by 2 touchdowns once in a while but the jets had 5 loses by more than two TDs. In only 2 of the loses were they competitive.

When the jets got to the lambs of the NFL against two bad teams playing backup qbs, they still did not look good. But if they make the playoffs, who cares- that is the goal every year. But if they don't, the 8-8 or 9-7 record masks a team's actual talent level. They will find themselves picking in the draft 8 places behind teams with better talent. They may end picking behind
    Pitt or Cinci, the skins, cowboys, Tampa and the saints.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    A win is a win man.. I'm not gonna complain about that no matter how ugly it comes.
    Sex with beautiful women who is hot makes you feel great and laugh is the same as having sex with an unattractive girl with a venereal disease that has a foul demeanor.

To be a fan of an NFL football team you have to first be a fan of the game. Ugly games aren't what made you a fan of the game.

I like to win. Winning ugly isn't a good indicator we'll have future success, but it's satisfying to get a W.

I remember 1991, when we upset the Dolphins the last game of the year and limped into the playoffs. Nobody said the Jets had a chance.
    Marvin Washington said, "We may be the ugliest girl at the dance, but we're gonna dance!"
    They came very close to defeating a very, very good Warren Moon-led Oilers team in Houston. Probably should've won the game.
    Just make the tournament - anything can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by FreemanMC View Post
    I remember 1991, when we upset the Dolphins the last game of the year and limped into the playoffs. Nobody said the Jets had a chance.
    Marvin Washington said, "We may be the ugliest girl at the dance, but we're gonna dance!"
    They came very close to defeating a very, very good Warren Moon-led Oilers team in Houston. Probably should've won the game.
    Just make the tournament - anything can happen.
    Exactly! I don't think the Jet fans had expectations to get to the AFC Championship Sanchez' first year especially after they were 7-7 after week 15. Hmmm they could have the same record this year with a better chance than they had that year! No reason to give up that's for damn sure!!

Quote Originally Posted by george jetfan from miami View Post
    Exactly! I don't think the Jet fans had expectations to get to the AFC Championship Sanchez' first year especially after they were 7-7 after week 15. Hmmm they could have the same record this year with a better chance than they had that year! No reason to give up that's for damn sure!!
    Exactly, look at Seattle last year