Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 51 of 51

Thread: The Jets Will Make The Playoffs if..

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    Win or lose I'm sure the 20 teams who don't make the playoffs would rather be in it and take their chances of losing. I'd rather be one of the teams playing an extra week then be one of them sitting home. And seriously as a Jets fan what gives you the perspective of bring able to say "championship or bust" when the Jets haven't won a Super Bowl in over 40 years? Lets not make pretend the Jets have a history of great success bc they don't. They're the Royals of the NFL, not the Yankees. I think its hard for some people to come to that realization and therefore they act spoiled and whiny when the Jets don't come through like they haven't done for the past 43 years. The Jets not having Super Bowl success shouldn't be shocking and playoff appearances are still major accomplishments for this franchise who before 1997 had 4 winning seasons in its history. Like i said, Royals, not Yankees.
    I guess you are quite happy with the SOJ then. See, some of us long time fans are just sick of the bullcrap with this team. We want instant success because we`ve dealt with all the crap rebuilding seasons that get nowhere. Enough is enough already. Bring us some championships instantly or screw you and your PSLs. And your crappy stadium too. I`ve already given up my season tickets 3 years ago. They ain`t gettin another penny from me until they start winning on a consistent basis. Otherwise move your green asses to Los Angeles already.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Check when my username was made. Way to deflect with an irrelevant point.



    Didn't say I wanted us to tank, but making the playoffs and getting destroyed in the first round will give Woody a false sense of hope. This organization needs a top to bottom reshuffling and squeaking in the playoffs will continue to prolong that.



    Ah, good to see you, Rah Rah. Generalizing as always, I see.



    So, it's a fan forum yet you want me to stop from expressing my opinion?
    If we do make the playoffs, doesn't that say anything about the team and the coaching staff how they overcame losing the best players on the team and still made it a season?!?!? or I guess thats not in YOUR best interest and you just want change for the sake of wanting change..

  3. #43
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Jets Land
    Posts
    1,121
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    I guess you are quite happy with the SOJ then. See, some of us long time fans are just sick of the bullcrap with this team. We want instant success because we`ve dealt with all the crap rebuilding seasons that get nowhere. Enough is enough already. Bring us some championships instantly or screw you and your PSLs. And your crappy stadium too. I`ve already given up my season tickets 3 years ago. They ain`t gettin another penny from me until they start winning on a consistent basis. Otherwise move your green asses to Los Angeles already.
    I want instant success too but I won't go as far as to say that I would rather not make the playoffs then to just sneak in at 9-7. Having a great regular season guarantees you absolutely nothing. Ask the 16-0 Patriots. The only thing the regular season does is sort out who makes the playoffs. Once the playoffs start it's a different season as we've seen with the 2009 and 2010 Jets.

  4. #44
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Jets Land
    Posts
    1,121
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    The Jets shouldn`t be allowed to make the playoffs simply because they need too many things happen for them to be in. The Jets should be in the AFC East lead, but they ain`t. They shouldn`t be hoping for teams to lose. They should be kicking ass and not looking back. But that would be a Jets team we have never seen before. What we have is the SOJ again. Go ahead, make the playoffs. It`ll be a game I won`t watch because it will be embarrassing to see. The Jets have beaten no one this year.
    Wow, you are a terrible fan. If I can even call you that. Somebody who only watches and roots for their team when they are good and then openly says they won't root for them b/c they may lose or lose badly is probably the definition of a fair weather fan.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    As a Sanchez hater, along with so many others on the board, so do you all.
    I'm no "Sanchez hater". I wanted him to succeed in the worst way. Gave him all the benefit of doubt I could, until I couldn't anymore. After 3.5 seasons of play, its now crystal clear to me, Sanchez just isn't a very good QB. He flashed at times, but that was more a product of the talent around him. It makes no difference if the Jets end up miraculously winning the last 5 games of the season, even if they make the playoffs, as I know the only reason that would occur would be the defense continuing to play at a high level and the Jets being able to mount a solid running attack that'll score just enough points to win. After all it was how they made the playoffs the first 2 years w/ Sanchez at the helm. But should the Jets jump at the chance to get a quality QB in the draft or a solid veteran, oh hell yea!

  6. #46
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,648
    Quote Originally Posted by Greentide View Post
    I'm no "Sanchez hater". I wanted him to succeed in the worst way. Gave him all the benefit of doubt I could, until I couldn't anymore. After 3.5 seasons of play, its now crystal clear to me, Sanchez just isn't a very good QB. He flashed at times, but that was more a product of the talent around him. It makes no difference if the Jets end up miraculously winning the last 5 games of the season, even if they make the playoffs, as I know the only reason that would occur would be the defense continuing to play at a high level and the Jets being able to mount a solid running attack that'll score just enough points to win. After all it was how they made the playoffs the first 2 years w/ Sanchez at the helm. But should the Jets jump at the chance to get a quality QB in the draft or a solid veteran, oh hell yea!
    Mark Sanchez led us to two second-half touchdown drives.

    He was 12 of 19 for a 63% completion rate.

    That's better than Greg McElroy did last week when everyone wanted to anoint him the starter. What are you worried about?

    SAR I

  7. #47
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Hanover, PA
    Posts
    3,432
    As jet insider expert.... being #1 in JI yahoo confidence pool makes me so...... I am here to end this silly thread by making a 100% DBAKE gaurantee....the pathetic suckchez led jets will lose to titans next week....season over.

    Ps....not starting McElroy the rest of season is a huge mistake. Rex sucks.

  8. #48
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,842
    Pigs fly out of my ass

  9. #49
    Hopefully we lose at least one of the final three games so this can all be moot.

  10. #50
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Long Island NY
    Posts
    624
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Mark Sanchez led us to two second-half touchdown drives.

    He was 12 of 19 for a 63% completion rate.

    That's better than Greg McElroy did last week when everyone wanted to anoint him the starter. What are you worried about?

    SAR I
    IIRC, Mark didn't throw one pass during those TD drives....just saying.....

  11. #51
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,946
    The jets are 3-1 since my boycott and the loss came thanksgiving night cause i broke the boycott and watched.

    I am continuing the boycott for the rest of the reg season so look for the jests to end up 9-7.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us