Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Official "The Jets Just Won But I Feel Still Feel Crappy..." Thread...

The Official "The Jets Just Won But I Feel Still Feel Crappy..." Thread...

Is it just me?
    Am I just a hopeless SOJF?
    Is it the gloomy weather?
    Am I coming down with the flu or something?

The Jets just beat the Jags on the road, and still have an outside shot at the playoffs...

And yet I'm sitting here after the game and I feel...

"Meh..."

What's the problem?

All League
    me too

this team sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jetswinbaby! View Post
    Is it just me?

The Jets just beat the Jags on the road, and still have an outside shot at the playoffs...

"Meh..."

What's the problem?
    I don't feel crappy, a win is a win, and wins always feel good.

Nothing that happened today was new or enlightening. Nothing wosrse happened. Losing Hill sucked, but he'll be back next year when it matters.

And no, we have a numerical chance at the playoffs, we have no real world chance at the playoffs. Which is ok, that was the same last week too.

Enjoy the wins. We're likely to finish 8-8, and not amongst the worst teams. Another year that the Jets are respectable, if not successful. There is something to be said about that, about not going 4-12 when it looks like you might.

Literally nothing changed today except the win, so enjoy it.

After everything we have been through, 1 game out with 3 weeks to go!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post

Nothing that happened today was new or enlightening. Nothing wosrse happened. Losing Hill sucked, but he'll be back next year when it matters.

And no, we have a numerical chance at the playoffs, we have no real world chance at the playoffs. Which is ok, that was the same last week too.

Enjoy the wins. We're likely to finish 8-8, and not amongst the worst teams. Another year that the Jets are respectable, if not successful. There is something to be said about that, about not going 4-12 when it looks like you might.

Agreed....we saw nothing significant. BUT we won. beer tasted a little better thanks to the win.

It wasn't a great win but seeing Dallas kick that field goal gave me hope.

Enjoy the win they are not easy to come.

I think they can win their last 3 games , finish 9-7 probably wont get a playoff spot but you never know.

All Pro
    Think about how well Coples and Wilkerson played and think about how those two will anchor our DLine for the upcoming decade...

Why is it even after this team wins, it feels like a loss. And since when did the Jets win 3 out of the last 4? WTF is going on here?

Another year that the Jets are respectable
    Agreed with everything in your post but this....maybe my perspective is clouded from living in New England, but everything I've seen and heard this season has the Jets as being the "laughing stock" of the league and it's really tough to argue against it.

Sure, the Jets record may be more respectable than other teams, but at least with those teams (or some of them), at least they're going through the rebuilding process and will get better in the future presumably. I'm still waiting for the Jets to make that leap.

But a win is a win. At least it will be fun to watch the scoreboard the next few weeks and see if the Jets still have a chance. Obviously, no changes are coming until the offseason anyway, so I'll enjoy whatever football is left.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Agreed....we saw nothing significant. BUT we won. beer tasted a little better thanks to the win.
    I'm still a Namath fan, though.

Veteran
    Jets first half looked liked the Arizona game. Sanchez looked like a rookie QB. I guess one can look at the play of Coples & Wilkerson as signs of life on a poor team. I think any stats or performance against one of the worst teams in the league really has to be taken in stride. The fact that they struggled so much against two of the worst teams in the league tells you why we lost games against some of the best teams. We aren't a team with a great deal of talent nor do the coaches coach up our players well.

Quote Originally Posted by negcreep80 View Post
    Agreed with everything in your post but this....maybe my perspective is clouded from living in New England, but everything I've seen and heard this season has the Jets as being the "laughing stock" of the league and it's really tough to argue against it.

Sure, the Jets record may be more respectable than other teams, but at least with those teams (or some of them), at least they're going through the rebuilding process and will get better in the future presumably. I'm still waiting for the Jets to make that leap.

But a win is a win. At least it will be fun to watch the scoreboard the next few weeks and see if the Jets still have a chance. Obviously, no changes are coming until the offseason anyway, so I'll enjoy whatever football is left.
    But rebuilding is not guaranteed for success. See Kansas City, Buffalo, St. Louis, Oakland etc.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Why is it even after this team wins, it feels like a loss. And since when did the Jets win 3 out of the last 4? WTF is going on here?
    Since they played the likes of the Rams, Cardinals and Jaguars.

I really don't care either way about the win. It was nice seeing some players (Coples, Wilk) step up, but I'm deathly afraid of Woody getting a sense of false hope and keeping Rex/Tannenbaum on board. Despite an eked-out win, this team needs a top-to-bottom reshuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by jetswinbaby! View Post
    Is it just me?

"Meh..."

What's the problem?

No, you are absolutely right. Winning does nothing but hurt our draft position, and worse: improve Tannenbaum's chances of surviving. Ultimately that sets the franchise back at least another year and probably more, since any more offseasons with this amateur GM at the helm only lengthen the time it will take for the next regime to dig out of his mess.

Quote Originally Posted by negcreep80 View Post
    I don't need to argue against it. Facts do it for me.

In a year where we lost our best and lynchpin Defensive Player (and Best CB in the league), our biggest Offensive playmaker (Holmes), and have a QB who is 32nd in the league and #1 in turnovers......we're still very possible to go 8-8.

Alot of teams suffer those three things, they win 2 games. We have 6, with three to play.

Ask the 2 win Jacksonville Jaguars if they prefer a 2 win season no one feels like talking about.

We're the "laughing stock" because of, in order:

1. Tebow, poorly handled.
    2. New York Media
    3. New York Fans SOJF, Gotta-be-like-the-Yankees-and-always-dominate hysteria

I assure you, no one in D.C. is talking about the Jets as the "laughing stock". Rex gets lols cause he's Rex, no more than when we went to back to back AFCCG's tbqh. Same jokes, same sillyness.

We don't need to rebuild because we're simply not as bad or as talentless as SOJF thinks, and the New York Media would like you to believe.

We are, at most, three or four players from being as good as anyone. Sadly, one of those positions in QB, and that is what it is. Other than that, we're absolutely respectable as-is, and can re-tool this offseason. No rebuild required.

Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    No, you are absolutely right. Winning does nothing but hurt our draft position, and worse: improve Tannenbaum's chances of surviving. Ultimately that sets the franchise back at least another year and probably more, since any more offseasons with this amateur GM at the helm only lengthen the time it will take for the next regime to dig out of his mess.
    The relevance of Draft Position.

What selection did we get Ghost and Robertson.

What selection did we get Mangold and Revis?

Draft position, apart from #1 overall, is VASTLY over-valued by Fans.

Being a consistently winning or .500 Franchise every single year, is vastly UNDERRATED by Fans.

SOJF is SOJF. If we can't be 12-4, we may as well be 0-16.

The relevance of Draft Position.

What selection did we get Ghost and Robertson.

What selection did we get Mangold and Revis?

Draft position, apart from #1 overall, is VASTLY over-valued by Fans.

Being a consistently winning or .500 Franchise every single year, is vastly UNDERRATED by Fans.

SOJF is SOJF. If we can't be 12-4, we may as well be 0-16.

Yeah, that makes sense. Because the Jets picked a few busts, draft position means nothing. Brilliant logic. Tell it to Indy.

If we can't be 12-4, we may as well be 0-16.

Or, if we are clearly a bad team with fools running the show - and an owner with a history of holding no one accountable - we may as well be 0-16 because that is probably the only way he will do the right thing and blow it up.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    Or, if we are clearly a bad team with fools running the show - and an owner with a history of holding no one accountable - we may as well be 0-16 because that is probably the only way he will do the right thing and blow it up.
    Toooooooon is not a SOJF

Toooooooon is not a Jet fan at all

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2