Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where do you stand?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy View Post
    I agree with DDNY - Groundhog Day
    Suz! Thought we were making strides..... Disappointed to say the least

Good enough to be a top 5 pick in the NFL draft, apparently.

All League
    No.
    8-8.

Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    I could see the last two being true, but why are you so sure tenn is an automatic loss? they are clearly worse than the jets
    could be the return of the reverse-jinx.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    could be the return of the reverse-jinx.
    No, no, no, no, no.

No one liked that (even though it worked).

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    No, no, no, no, no.

No one liked that (even though it worked).

SAR I
    Extra Extra Read All About It: 6-7 gets us to 9-7!!!!!!!!!!!

All League
    Playoffs?? No f*cking way... write that down.

All Pro
    Much as I will still root for them to win each week, I don't see it happening. We've become too one-dimensional on offense, teams will sell out to stop the run as they don't fear Sanchez, and the coaches don't trust Sanchez,

I'm swithering about next week's game, I'll say we lose but it'll be close - real close. SD will be a bad game (hostile home atmosphere) then we'll win a meaningless game playoffs-wise against an equally-dejected Buffalo team. 7-9 finish, but as I say i could be wrong about Tennessee. The result ends up the same - no playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    Much as I will still root for them to win each week, I don't see it happening. We've become too one-dimensional on offense, teams will sell out to stop the run as they don't fear Sanchez, and the coaches don't trust Sanchez,

I'm swithering about next week's game, I'll say we lose but it'll be close - real close. SD will be a bad game (hostile home atmosphere) then we'll win a meaningless game playoffs-wise against an equally-dejected Buffalo team. 7-9 finish, but as I say i could be wrong about Tennessee. The result ends up the same - no playoffs.
    for this team it all comes down to running the ball. The second you ask Sanchez to win the game for us, we're screwed. Tennessee and Buffalo are 24th and 28th against the run while San Diego is 4th. If I had to guess we'll finish 8-8 with our lone loss being against San Diego, but Tennessee has that advantage of playing a home game on the national spotlight of Monday Night Football, which will rise up the emotion of the team and fan base more than anything. They also have Chris Johnson and while the 24th run defense isn't a stellar ranking, it's a lot better than Buffalo's, Arizona's and Jacksonville's were when we faced them.

Also, Locker, Rivers and even Fitzpatrick will capitalize on our turnovers unlike Henne and Lindley.

7-9 or 8-8 is likely.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    I want them to go but I think we lose to the Chargers at home and wind up 8 - 8
    This

Rookie
    Put it down in writing. Right here, right now.

Jets will make the playoffs.

Crucify me if I'm wrong, but don't you dare do a 180 and start saying you believed all along if it comes true.

Put up or shut up time.
    Why would you be crucified for saying that, I'd just assume your off your meds. If the Jets some how (some tebowen act of God) make the playoffs it will be more a sad statment of the AFC than anything else. If they make the playoffs it wil set this team back a decade. Rex wont get fired, Tanny keeps his job, sanchez gets another extention........

just getting by teams like the Cards and Jags is not progress

CLEAN HOUSE

All Pro
    Put it down in writing. Right here, right now.

Jets will make the playoffs.

Crucify me if I'm wrong, but don't you dare do a 180 and start saying you believed all along if it comes true.

Put up or shut up time.
    If Sanchez is QB they will lose to SD and TN and not make the playoffs. If they start McElroy, I know it is questionable how a 2nd year guy will react, but I believe they will run the table and make it in as the last WC team.

Quote Originally Posted by JETranger 206B View Post
    This
    And wouldn't that be typical of this team.

Lose the season at home in front of us diehard fans who shell out the $ for this team.

They've already done it once this year, why not again for good measure.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Minimum 8-8.

NO PLAYOFFS.

Tanny, Rex, Sparano all coming back. Tanny still GM. Bradway still "leading the draft".

Sanchez as the starter.

+1

They wont make playoffs. Will lose to both Tennessee and San Diego. Bean Counter and Rex will be back and the carnival will being all over again.

I don't see how they can beat San Diego. The only way this team can win is to essentially shut-down the opposing offense.

They may be able to do that to Tenn. but not SD and probably not Buffalo.

No Playoffs.
    The Jets will drop 2 of the last 3. The o can't score points. The Bills and the Chargers can. This is not the same team that beat the bills.

After watching the last few games until the bitter end I believe a crappy team like our Jets can make the NFL playoffs.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Minimum 8-8.

NO PLAYOFFS.

Tanny, Rex, Sparano all coming back. Tanny still GM. Bradway still "leading the draft".

Sanchez as the starter.

+1

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    Jets sneak in at 8-8, not taken seriously by anybody. Win 1-2-3, get to the Superbowl. Upset the 49'ers, win the Superbowl. SAR will say we got lucky and still need to get rid of Rex. Everyone else will say we got lucky and need to get rid of Sanchez. I say we got good, real good, when it counted. Book it.
    Whoaa!

Did you not have an "I am leaving because I am not appreciated" thread?

First of all I would say that those are never a good idea but if you really feel you have to do that then there really is only one other rule... Just one.... Don't come back again after you have have your 15 minutes of drama queen attention.