Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Only with Jets fans...

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    I doubt there is a single owner in the NFL who would fire Rex this offseason. Maybe Dan Snyder, maybe Jerry Jones, maybe Al Davis (RIP). Thats about it. Every other team would generally follow the Cowher Plan, and keep going with Rex till they either win, or truly suck and go 4-12.

You are right, but that is also misleading. There are plenty of owners who would fire a clearly incompetent GM after a 7 year run, and clean out the FO entirely of dead wood like Terry Bradway, who has been here 12 years. And then that new GM/front office will decide on the head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    When was the last time we beat a winning team?

/thread.
    October 14th... I know what you mean here... but so what... You play to get into the second season. As unlikely as that is, why not just root for them while they are alive?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    can winning be considered a cardinal sin.

I know their opponents are crappy bit it doesn't make a difference.

Patriots last year went 14-2 and didn't beat a winning team until the playoffs.
    None of their fans complained about the quality of opponent.

Jets fans either want 13-3 and a Super Bowl victory or 3-13 and a house cleaning. The failures of logic is unbelievable.

They are 6-7. They are an average team with a mediocre QB and and a solid defense. They also have a few key injuries. These are the facts.

Accept them.
    You are 1000% correct my friend! and it makes me sick!!! I am not that type of Jet fan thank god.

Jets fans either want 13-3 and a Super Bowl victory or 3-13 and a house cleaning. The failures of logic is unbelievable.

They are 6-7. They are an average team with a mediocre QB and and a solid defense. They also have a few key injuries. These are the facts.

Accept them.
    It's not the quality of opponents that's the issue; it's the quality of us.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    When we beat the Colts.
    They were 2-2 when we played them. And I remember wide-open receivers that Luck missed all day.

A win is a win. But we suck. We are beating the skid marks of the NFL. Nothing to brag about. We should set the bar a little higher.

Besides most of us aren't upset that we are winning. We are upset b.c we know what the consequences of these wins will be. Which is Rex, Tanny, Sanchez in 2013.

SOJ. Even when we win, we lose.

Accept them.
    +10000000000

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyJet View Post
    They are an average Defense with a crappy QB and an easy schedule. Be realistic.
    And up until today they've played the hardest schedule in the entire NFL.

Realistic?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

They were 2-2 when we played them. And I remember wide-open receivers that Luck missed all day.

A win is a win. But we suck. We are beating the skid marks of the NFL. Nothing to brag about. We should set the bar a little higher.

Besides most of us aren't upset that we are winning. We are upset b.c we know what the consequences of these wins will be. Which is Rex, Tanny, Sanchez in 2013.

SOJ. Even

No, only complete and utter losers think that when we win, we lose.

You are a loser who comes here 24/7 and whines incessantly that the team sucks.

Sanchez was going to be there regardless so that means nothing.

I like Rex as a coach and how he has handled himself this year. No bragging or showboating, just going about business. The team hasn't quit on him like they did last year. They are playing hard and for a purpose. Plus it was reported that he was coming back irregardless of what happened.

Tanny is the one that I might be concerned with. I don't like him as a GM. I still wonder if Woody is going to demote him. On the other hand, the last two drafts are starting to bear some positive players, so things might be turning in that department.

And as I said before the Rams are now 6-6-1 who we beat.

only Jets fans find every obscure reason to downplay a win. They were "only 2-2". Luck was missing wide-open receivers... couldn't possibly have been any credit to the defense!

Hey, a lot of people believe that the Jets went to and won their only Super Bowl because of luck.

The backwards pass by Lamonica in the AFL champioship and all the Baltimore mistakes in the Super Bowl.
    so wait, are you saying we never won a SB?!

Wait till the SOJF get a load of this one.

All Pro

So beating skid marks is not impressive and Andrew Luck let them kick his ass. The Jets had nothing to do with the outcome of that 35-9 game.

Got it.

It must suck to be this miserable.

When was the last time we beat a winning team?

/thread.
    The Colts

Hall Of Fame

Right! because We know for a fact that Mcelroy is better than Sanchez!!

Better yet, we know the new coach we hire will make the AFC title game in his first 2 years!!

The grass is ALWAYS greener right???

Nevermind the fact that we cant block anyone, we cant catch a ball, our special teams is the worst in the history of football, For the most part our pass rush sucks (even though we looked good the last 2 weeks).. Lets just redraft a new team at every position while we are at it!

Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    The Colts
    so many people answered this question, it makes his "/thread" that much douchier. lol

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    No, only complete and utter losers think that when we win, we lose.

You are a loser who comes here 24/7 and whines incessantly that the team sucks.
    Yeah bc it takes so much time away from my life to click a bookmark or open Tapatalk.

Only losers here are people who try to pick fights on the Internet. Seriously, what are you 12?

Keep drinking the Kool-Aid. I shelled out 10k for PSLs and I demand a better product.

IMO, Rex should be back;
    Much stronger argument to replace Tanny as GM;
    Sanchez's contract virtually assures that he will be on the team next year.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    IMO, Rex should be back;
    Much stronger argument to replace Tanny as GM;
    Sanchez's contract virtually assures that he will be on the team next year.
    I know. Sanchez contract virtually guarantees he is back. I think an 8-8 season saves Tanny as GM, no demotion or anything.

My main issue with Rex is that he has shown little growth as a coach. Too many time we are unprepared and sloppy on the sidelines with substitutions. He acts like offense doesn't exist. But he did change the personality of the organization and that did have positive effects. But that has burn out a little. I think even if Woody wants to replace Rex, he won't bc of his contract. I think he has two more years on his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Winning is losing in this case.

Do you really want to witness this same sh*t next year? Getting yourself excited all offseason just to witness the same level of ineptitude on offense yet again?

Another year of deluding yourself into thinking that Sanchez only needs another receiver or two to develop into the player we drafted him to be?

Another year of Rex proclaiming that the current roster consists of the best team he has ever coached?

Another year of Tannenbaum making the personell decisions?

Personally, I'm sick of it.

Winning a couple of meaningless games at the end of the season doesn't do dick. It just delays the inevitable for another year.
    You know what im sick of?

I'm sick of starting over every 3-4 years with a new regime and not building and what we have.

I'm sick of the constant b*tching and negativity in this fan base even when we win.

I'm sick of the people knocking our draft picks expecting them to be some pro bowler his first couple snaps...Last year Mo Wilk was a bust, but after this game hes the beast of all beasts.

I'm tired of this fan base rooting for a team to lose just because they want to see changes....that making the playoffs will set the franchise back ten years....rooting against your team is not what fans do....what if by some miracle we go on a run and make it to the superbowl??? Will people be mad we got the 32nd pick??? Sad really..

Now I'm not being a homer by any means..we have not played well....we also lack talent and depth and have so any injuries ..but I will never root for my team to lose...

Jets Insider VIP
    hardest schedule in the NFL? enlighten me.

Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    You know what im sick of?

I'm sick of starting over every 3-4 years with a new regime and not building and what we have.

And I'm sick of people repeating that same misleading talking point. Mike Tannenbaum has been the GM for SEVEN YEARS, and his partner in crime Bradway has been making personnel decisions with the Jets for TWELVE YEARS. This is not a new regime that hasn't been given a fair shot. That is a large body of (mostly bad) work.