Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Only with Jets fans...

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    It's not the quality of opponents that's the issue; it's the quality of us.

SAR I
    The quality of "us" started going down hill when Revis and Holmes were lost, it's continued all season long.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    How is this team drastically different from the past few teams?

They have the same players, same coaches, same philosophy, same problems and those teams were highly criticized for "backing into the playoffs"

This is the same team who, this year, should have beaten Houston and New England. The Jets were obviously not embarrassed in either game and they very well could win next time if there is an opportunity. That's what I'm rooting for.

As of now, that chance is still alive. I'll worry about the next season when it's time.
    How is the team different? Come on.

From 2009-2010 we have regressed in every unit except for Safety and CB. Running game is worse, passing game is worse. Run defense is worse. Massive leadership void. This team has had problems that have remained unfixed for years. Can't cover a TE or generate a conventional pass rush. This year we have gotten slaughtered by the 49ers and Patriots.

You really don't think this team is different?

Jets Insider VIP
    what does "stop watching" mean. I dont get that. Did I say I was a frontrunner somewhere and i only root for winning teams? Dumb comment. sorry my glass isnt half full while I drink the kool aid.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    No, only complete and utter losers think that when we win, we lose.

You are a loser who comes here 24/7 and whines incessantly that the team sucks.

+1

Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    So beating skid marks is not impressive and Andrew Luck let them kick his ass. The Jets had nothing to do with the outcome of that 35-9 game.

Got it.

It must suck to be this miserable.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    The quality of "us" started going down hill when Revis and Holmes were lost, it's continued all season long.
    The quality of "us" started going down right after the Pitt AFCCG.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyJet View Post
    what does "stop watching" mean. I dont get that. Did I say I was a frontrunner somewhere and i only root for winning teams? Dumb comment. sorry my glass isnt half full while I drink the kool aid.
    personally, if there is something that makes me as miserable as the Jets make you, I cease to partake in that activity.

So if the Jets are this awful franchise that pains you to root for... stop watching.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    The quality of "us" started going down right after the Pitt AFCCG.
    You are not oblivious to the performers from the last two drafts, are you?

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Yeah, like we didn't suck before they went down.

Everything you say is wrong, best you disappear again.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    personally, if there is something that makes me as miserable as the Jets make you, I cease to partake in that activity.

So if the Jets are this awful franchise that pains you to root for... stop watching.
    Why do you keep making assumptions about people? We are having a down year. The Jets have brought all of us joy over the years. But is has been 40+ years and some of us have never experienced a SB.

Why can't people just be upset about the Jets without being "miserable" or "SOJF" or "losers". I have a hard time making that connection.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Youre a loser

And spend more time here than anyone else.

Kool Aid? What does what I believe have to do with you being a whiney loser? You have 10K posts in one year and not one that isn't a rip job on this team. It's people like you that make this board unreadable all to often.
    ....and another disappearing member of the Blind Homer Cult is heard from.

We lose game after game, you're nowhere to be found. We win back-to-back games against the two worst scrubs in the NFL and it's time to puff your chest? "See! I told you we'd win 12 games! It was that injury to Holmes and Revis that did it! I was right!"

LOLZ.

SAR I

Why do you keep making assumptions about people? We are having a down year. The Jets have brought all of us joy over the years. But is has been 40+ years and some of us have never experienced a SB.

Why can't people just be upset about the Jets without being "miserable" or "SOJF" or "losers". I have a hard time making that connection.
    That's fine. If they lose a game.

But they won the game. No complaining after a victory, no matter against who, no matter where. That's my motif.

Youre a loser

And spend more time here than anyone else.

Kool Aid? What does what I believe have to do with you being a whiney loser? You have 10K posts in one year and not one that isn't a rip job on this team. It's people like you that make this board unreadable all to often.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    You are not oblivious to the performers from the last two drafts, are you?
    The 2011 draft is starting to bear fruit. No doubt about it. I am very encouraged about Kerley and Wilk. This draft is too early. I loved the Hill pick and I will stand by it no matter how many mistakes he makes. I just hope he is OK. Coples has been up and down IMO. Today was an "up" day. Hopefully he builds on it.

But that is all besides the point. It is an offensive league and we stink on offense. The league becomes more and more QB-centric every week and for us to win, we take the ball out of our QB's hands.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyJet View Post
    hardest schedule in the NFL? enlighten me.

this is up to this weekend

Team Record Opp record
    1 Jets (5-7) 83-59 .584
    2 Jaguars (2-10) 83-62 .572
    3 Titans (4-8) 80-64 .556
    4 Cardinals (4-8) 77-64 .546
    5 Rams (5-6) 76-66 .535
    6 Lions (4-8) 76-66 .535
    7 Panthers (3-9) 77-68 .531
    8 Packers (8-4) 75-67 .528
    9 Raiders (3-10) 82-76 .519
    10 Browns (4-8) 75-70 .517
    11 Saints (5-7) 75-70 .517
    12 Cowboys (6-6) 74-70 .514
    13 Dolphins (5-7) 73-70 .510
    14 Redskins (6-6) 73-70 .510
    15 Chiefs (2-10) 74-72 .507
    16 Bears (8-4) 72-70 .507
    17 Patriots (9-3) 72-72 .500
    18 Eagles (3-9) 72-72 .500
    19 Seahawks (7-5) 71-71 .500
    20 Chargers (4-8) 73-74 .497
    21 Bills (5-7) 71-72 .496
    22 Giants (7-5) 70-73 .489
    23 49ers (8-3) 69-73 .486
    24 Vikings (6-6) 69-74 .483
    25 Broncos (10-3) 75-83 .475
    26 Steelers (7-5) 69-77 .473
    27 Ravens (9-3) 67-78 .462
    28 Texans (11-1) 66-79 .455
    29 Buccaneers (6-6) 66-80 .452
    30 Bengals (7-5) 63-83 .431
    31 Colts (8-4) 62-82 .431
    32 Falcons (11-1) 57-89 .390

The 2011 draft is starting to bear fruit. No doubt about it. I am very encouraged about Kerley and Wilk. This draft is too early. I loved the Hill pick and I will stand by it no matter how many mistakes he makes. I just hope he is OK. Coples has been up and down IMO. Today was an "up" day. Hopefully he builds on it.

But that is all besides the point. It is an offensive league and we stink on offense. The league becomes more and more QB-centric every week and for us to win, we take the ball out of our QB's hands.
    That is true. Problem is that I don't really like this year's crop of QBs.

Next year we might see Boyd, Carr and some others come out.

So why not try to live a little and find the joy in these last 3 weeks?

It's these "SEASON OVER, FRANCHISE SUCKS, WOODY IS A MORON" threads every single day that are the miserable, SOJF, losers.

The season is not over, we are alive. But even if you dare to entertain the smallest glimmer of hope, you become bombarded with, "well, what good would making the playoffs do?" As if everyone here wouldn't be amped and psyched out of their minds a few hours before kickoff on Wildcard Saturday or Sunday.

And maybe if a mod sees your violation of the TOS they will take care of that for you.

I am highly critical of the GM, HC and QB. That's about it. I have been very supportive of our recent draft picks and FAs. Don't confuse questioning something with hatred.

And when I disagree with people I don't resort to personal attacks or name calling.

i dont understand why its always so black and white with some of you, sometimes its just both.

i understand and accept the effect of the injuries,i know the skill players are not that good,i also think that sometimes the other team is better

so you will have winning seasons and losing seasons thats just how the NFL works(well not for the Pats but everyone else)

the problems i have with the coach and the GM is how they plan for this season

up until one week before the start of the season Hunter was the starting RT, dont tell me they could not find a different player from feb, hell they found Howard in a week.

how can you go to the season with the same aging LB's, they had to change something in the off season

why are you keep bringing back jags like eric smith,pace,etc , those needed to be cut and replaced

how can you hire the only OC who is worse then Shotty?

and ofcourse what was the point of the Tebow trade from a football point of view, i stiil dont get it.

those are questions this regim need to answer for

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    So why not try to live a little and find the joy in these last 3 weeks?

It's these "SEASON OVER, FRANCHISE SUCKS, WOODY IS A MORON" threads every single day that are the miserable, SOJF, losers.

The season is not over, we are alive. But even if you dare to entertain the smallest glimmer of hope, you become bombarded with, "well, what good would making the playoffs do?" As if everyone here wouldn't be amped and psyched out of their minds a few hours before kickoff on Wildcard Saturday or Sunday.
    Here is my POV. I want to win every game. But I have come to conclusions about Tanny, Rex and Sanchez. And I realize that a strong finish is not conducive to the changes that I feel need to be made. I understand the contract situations of Tanny, Rex and Sanchez and that even if we faltered down the stretch it is likely all of them will retain their positions. I don't think we are going anywhere this year. I have never been more down on a Jet team as I am on this 2012 version. So my biggest fear is that next year we will be stuck in neutral as our core players age another year. We also have a lot of FAs this year and I am not sure we will adequately replace them.

I want nothing more than for us to be stable at GM, HC and QB. That is how you win. I just think we are very weak in those areas. I understand Rex's early success but he proven himself not to be a complete HC. I hope I am wrong and I eat my words. Heart and head tell me two different things. That is all.