Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 115

Thread: Only with Jets fans...

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    Ha. The problem is luck carries you only so far if you don't have the talent. See the '09/'10 Jets and the '11 Giants.

    The late '90s Jets happened because Rich Kotite utterly imploded in ''95/'96. Imagine if Richie had squeaked out 7-9 or '8-8. You would have been psyched. And he would have gotten another year or two, or three. And imagine where this franchise would have been.

    As for telling players the games are meaningless... what a ridiculous comment. Again, imagine another win or two by Indy last year. Would have felt great for those players. How would it have impacted the franchise to miss out on Luck?

    Let's talk in the offseason if the Jets finish with a 5 game winning streak but just miss the playoffs. Woody uses it as an excuse to keep everyone in place, and we're here again next year. Awesome. The endless cycle of mediocrity continues. Exactly what we've been used to for 30+ years.
    Hey, a lot of people believe that the Jets went to and won their only Super Bowl because of luck.

    The backwards pass by Lamonica in the AFL champioship and all the Baltimore mistakes in the Super Bowl.

  2. #22
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Parsippany, NJ
    Posts
    3,672
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    We have no QB. We have mediocre skill players. Why any Jets fan desires to see this team get annihilated by the Pats or Broncos in the playoffs is baffling.
    The Jets don't have mediocre skill players. They have the worst group of skill position players in the league.

  3. #23
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,182
    Quote Originally Posted by mluongo View Post
    Winning is great. Sadly the Jets have done that only 6 times this year and may not win another game.
    and how dumb will a SOJF like Morongo look IF they win all three of those

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

  4. #24
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    465
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    and how dumb will a SOJF like Morongo look IF they win all three of those

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    I wouldn't fell any dumber than anyone who thinks its a given they will win out. I'd be happy and very surprised.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Hey, a lot of people believe that the Jets went to and won their only Super Bowl because of luck.

    The backwards pass by Lamonica in the AFL champioship and all the Baltimore mistakes in the Super Bowl.

    Well, I wasn't alive for that. But in one game anything can happen. The Jets of '09/'10 didn't have the talent to sustain the run long enough to get there. And this team isn't half as talented as those ones.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    Ha. The problem is luck carries you only so far if you don't have the talent. See the '09/'10 Jets and the '11 Giants.

    The late '90s Jets happened because Rich Kotite utterly imploded in ''95/'96. Imagine if Richie had squeaked out 7-9 or '8-8. You would have been psyched. And he would have gotten another year or two, or three. And imagine where this franchise would have been.

    As for telling players the games are meaningless... what a ridiculous comment. Again, imagine another win or two by Indy last year. Would have felt great for those players. How would it have impacted the franchise to miss out on Luck?

    Let's talk in the offseason if the Jets finish with a 5 game winning streak but just miss the playoffs. Woody uses it as an excuse to keep everyone in place, and we're here again next year. Awesome. The endless cycle of mediocrity continues. Exactly what we've been used to for 30+ years.
    What we are used to for the last 30 years is starting over with new regime every 3 or 4 years.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by mluongo View Post
    I wouldn't fell any dumber than anyone who thinks its a given they will win out. I'd be happy and very surprised.
    I think Tennessee and San Diego are interesting games and I think they beat Buffalo. Why? Well frankly, we own Buffalo.

  8. #28
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,397
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    I don't think they will. But that's not the point.

    The point is winning is winning. Losing is losing. That's it.

    To have the attitude that winning is actually losing is illogical and it doesn't make sense.
    Winning is losing in this case.

    Do you really want to witness this same sh*t next year? Getting yourself excited all offseason just to witness the same level of ineptitude on offense yet again?

    Another year of deluding yourself into thinking that Sanchez only needs another receiver or two to develop into the player we drafted him to be?

    Another year of Rex proclaiming that the current roster consists of the best team he has ever coached?

    Another year of Tannenbaum making the personell decisions?

    Personally, I'm sick of it.

    Winning a couple of meaningless games at the end of the season doesn't do dick. It just delays the inevitable for another year.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Winning is losing in this case.

    Do you really want to witness this same sh*t next year? Getting yourself excited all offseason just to witness the same level of ineptitude on offense yet again?

    Another year of deluding yourself into thinking that Sanchez only needs another receiver or two to develop into the player we drafted him to be?

    Another year of Rex proclaiming that the current roster consists of the best team he has ever coached?

    Another year of Tannenbaum making the personell decisions?

    Personally, I'm sick of it.

    Winning a couple of meaningless games at the end of the season doesn't do dick. It just delays the inevitable for another year.
    The illogicality and assumption of Jets fans, ladies and gentlemen.

    And again Rex did not say that. He said that it MAY BE. Read the quote.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Winning is losing in this case.

    Do you really want to witness this same sh*t next year? Getting yourself excited all offseason just to witness the same level of ineptitude on offense yet again?

    Another year of deluding yourself into thinking that Sanchez only needs another receiver or two to develop into the player we drafted him to be?

    Another year of Rex proclaiming that the current roster consists of the best team he has ever coached?

    Another year of Tannenbaum making the personell decisions?

    Personally, I'm sick of it.

    Winning a couple of meaningless games at the end of the season doesn't do dick. It just delays the inevitable for another year.
    Mark is going to be the QB next season anyway so the "inevitable" is delayed regardless of what happens now.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Winning is losing in this case.

    Do you really want to witness this same sh*t next year? Getting yourself excited all offseason just to witness the same level of ineptitude on offense yet again?

    Another year of deluding yourself into thinking that Sanchez only needs another receiver or two to develop into the player we drafted him to be?

    Another year of Rex proclaiming that the current roster consists of the best team he has ever coached?

    Another year of Tannenbaum making the personell decisions?

    Personally, I'm sick of it.

    Winning a couple of meaningless games at the end of the season doesn't do dick. It just delays the inevitable for another year.

    How does losing the rest of our games fix your concerns? Not busting balls here I just don't see the logic of rooting for my team to lose in this case. Sanchez is coming back, just because we have money locked up in him does not mean he will be handed the starting job. Who knows what the offseason might bring.
    You want Rex and Tanny gone? Unlikely with the money Woody still owes them both. If we turn it around next year, it is going to be with the same nucleus we have now whether we lose out or win out this year!

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    How does losing the rest of our games fix your concerns? Not busting balls here I just don't see the logic of rooting for my team to lose in this case. Sanchez is coming back, just because we have money locked up in him does not mean he will be handed the starting job. Who knows what the offseason might bring.
    You want Rex and Tanny gone? Unlikely with the money Woody still owes them both. If we turn it around next year, it is going to be with the same nucleus we have now whether we lose out or win out this year!
    And actually, the last two drafts are starting to produce fruit.

  13. #33
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,397
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    The illogicality and assumption of Jets fans, ladies and gentlemen.

    And again Rex did not say that. He said that it MAY BE. Read the quote.
    Assumption?

    LOL

    Deep down you know what I'm saying is true.

    Sanchez is what he is, a mediocre at best QB with a knack for turning the ball over.

    Rex is what he is, a very good DC who just isn't cut out to be a HC.

    Tannenbaum is what he is, a glorified accountant masquerading as a GM.

    If you think we're going to win a championship under these mooks...well, that's your MO.

  14. #34
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,128
    When was the last time we beat a winning team?

    /thread.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    What we are used to for the last 30 years is starting over with new regime every 3 or 4 years.

    No argument. It's because we've had two bad owners making those decisions for 40+ years.

    And for the record, Mike Tannenbaum has been GM for 7 years. He and Bradway have been in this front office more than a decade. I'd say that's a large enough sample size.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Assumption?

    LOL

    Deep down you know what I'm saying is true.

    Sanchez is what he is, a mediocre at best QB with a knack for turning the ball over.

    Rex is what he is, a very good DC who just isn't cut out to be a HC.

    Tannenbaum is what he is, a glorified accountant masquerading as a GM.

    If you think we're going to win a championship under these mooks...well, that's your MO.
    I think Tanny will get moved regardless of what happens.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    When was the last time we beat a winning team?

    /thread.
    When we beat the Colts.
    And actually the Rams are now 6-6-1
    Last edited by Eckesg1; 12-09-2012 at 07:18 PM.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Winning is losing in this case.

    Do you really want to witness this same sh*t next year? Getting yourself excited all offseason just to witness the same level of ineptitude on offense yet again?

    Another year of deluding yourself into thinking that Sanchez only needs another receiver or two to develop into the player we drafted him to be?

    Another year of Rex proclaiming that the current roster consists of the best team he has ever coached?

    Another year of Tannenbaum making the personell decisions?

    Personally, I'm sick of it.

    Winning a couple of meaningless games at the end of the season doesn't do dick. It just delays the inevitable for another year.
    Implies that decision is as close as SOJF and the vulture NY Meda thinks/wishes it is.

    It isn't.

    Rex and Tanny will both be back, as will Sanchez. Tanny is the only one perhaps at risk of a demotion. All were, are and will get one more full year in some form before they're truly at risk of being fired.

    And if Rex can go 2-1 in the next three, he'll be:

    9-7 (AFCCG)
    11-5 (AFCCG)
    8-8 (Sanchez Starts Proving He's a Bust)
    8-8 (Lost Revis, Lost Holmes and Sanchez finishes proving he's a bust)

    Four years, not one losing season. And the most recent a year where we lost our unquestionably best two players and playmakers with Revis and Holmes, have suffered throgh one bad (but vital) pick in Sanchez (who we're stuck with one more season) and have a number of young players playing key roles who will ony get better (Hill, Kerley, Powell, Coples, Wilkerson, etc).

    I doubt there is a single owner in the NFL who would fire Rex this offseason. Maybe Dan Snyder, maybe Jerry Jones, maybe Al Davis (RIP). Thats about it. Every other team would generally follow the Cowher Plan, and keep going with Rex till they either win, or truly suck and go 4-12.

  19. #39
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    465
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    When was the last time we beat a winning team?

    /thread.
    October 14th

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Assumption?

    LOL

    Deep down you know what I'm saying is true.

    Sanchez is what he is, a mediocre at best QB with a knack for turning the ball over.

    Rex is what he is, a very good DC who just isn't cut out to be a HC.

    Tannenbaum is what he is, a glorified accountant masquerading as a GM.

    If you think we're going to win a championship under these mooks...well, that's your MO.

    I agree with your comments on Rex, Sanchez and Tanny... I guess if you subscribe to losing out will get rid of them your argument makes sense. However my fear is we demote Tanny and the rest stays the same. If you are going to make changes they need to clean house at the QB position, HC and GM. Unfortunately based on #6 contract and what good Rex has done. I don't see Woody doing it.

    To get it fixed you hire a new GM and let him take care of it with no strings attached. 2013 will be the wrong year to let that happen. So yeah, I want them to compete for the playoffs as long as they are alive and then we see where next year gets us.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us