Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New GM next year ?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSage View Post
    Tannenbaum is not going anywhere. Why dismiss a man widely acknowledged as a cap manager not a talent evaluator when the guys evaluating the talent are Bradway, the scouting staff and the coaching staff. I don't claim any knowledge of the inner workings of the Jet FO or the personnel dept however it it appears that Tanny and Woody rely heavily on their staff and I believe that Woody will be sitting with Tanny and evaluating the rest. The only thing that would shock me would be the retention of our so-called offensive coordinator and QB coach.
    Tanny has managed our cap like a drunken sailor determined to spend his entire paycheck partying on a Friday night and this roster is a shambles because of that. He is a disaster of a GM.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    What was wrong with the other threads on this overplayed topic?
    This topic has barely been scratched. In fact it was actively suppressed for the longest time by the Tannenbaum Fanbois (and the three of you know who you are) whenever someone wanted to actually have this conversation. At least we have now reached the point where can actually have the conversation without you feeling the need to try and suppress it... Oh wait...

In any event, if you do not feel you can contribute in a constructive way then you are always welcome to bypass these threads. Some of the "real fans" may actually want to actually discuss ways to make the franchise better This first involves accepting that there may be problems

Alternatively you can continue to drink Kool-Aid

I have a hard time believing the Jets would do anything but clean house IF they make a move this year.

Anything other than bringing in a new GM and giving him full reign to act as he wishes (including Ryan, Tanny and Bradway) is nothing more than window dressing.

If you're going to do that you might as well let Tanny, Rex and Sanchez finish out their last year together and really move on after that.

Keeping, Bradway, Rex and Tannenbaum in the organization would be absurd as any new GM would be nothing more than a powerless figure head.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    I have a hard time believing the Jets would do anything but clean house IF they make a move this year.

Anything other than bringing in a new GM and giving him full reign to act as he wishes (including Ryan, Tanny and Bradway) is nothing more than window dressing.

If you're going to do that you might as well let Tanny, Rex and Sanchez finish out their last year together and really move on after that.

Keeping, Bradway, Rex and Tannenbaum in the organization would be absurd as any new GM would be nothing more than a powerless figure head.
    This.

The sneaky move Tannenbaum made by giving Mark Sanchez a guaranteed deal was to BUY HIMSELF an extra year. Rex and Tanny are joined at the hip now to the fortunes of Mark Sanchez and Mark Sanchez has the extra year.

Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    This.

The sneaky move Tannenbaum made by giving Mark Sanchez a guaranteed deal was to BUY HIMSELF an extra year. Rex and Tanny are joined at the hip now to the fortunes of Mark Sanchez and Mark Sanchez has the extra year.
    It honestly is the only logical explanation for the extension. Hopefully Woody sees it too, if so I imagine Tanny will be gone the day after the Bills game.

Maybe he was extended because in his 6 previous years as GM the team had one losing season, 3 playoffs, 2 conference championship games and wasn't the only one in the war rooms at the drafts or the only one making trades.

I nominate Mike Francesa. He knows everything.