Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: USA Today article of JETS playoffs.....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    so there is no way the Jets can get in at 8-8? (barring a CIN/PIT tie?)
    According to the site i linked above, there is a 1.5% chance we make the playoffs if we go 2-1. Not sure what would have to happen. It's going to be hard enough to get in at 3-0 at this point. Really could have used an Indy loss yesterday.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    Colts are in with one more win. And they play KC in two weeks time.
    I would take KC if they are at home in that one......

Dome team traveling to chilly Arrowhead could be a problem for a rookie QB (that came from toasty California)

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    ESPN playoff machine

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

Says if we go 8-8, we can lose to BUF (not Tenn or SD)

But then we'd need
    #15: @PHI over CIN & @DAL over PIT
    #16 CIN over @PIT
    #17 BAL over @CIN & CLE over @PIT

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    According to the site i linked above, there is a 1.5% chance we make the playoffs if we go 2-1. Not sure what would have to happen. It's going to be hard enough to get in at 3-0 at this point. Really could have used an Indy loss yesterday.
    If both Pitts and Cinci lost 2 then tied each other we get it with 8-8. I'll make this easy. To get in at 9-7 we actually need Cinci to beat Pitts week 16 then loss to Balt. If they do they have the division breaker over Pitts and we have the breaker over over Bangles because of the Indy win. If Pitts wins week 16 it is over unless they loos both 15 and 16.
    Last edited by Dreamers; 12-10-2012 at 01:39 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets have to win out and go 9-7. In my opinion, both wildcard spots are available:

5. Indianapolis (9-4) - I could see them not winning another game this season, play Texans twice and have to play Chiefs on the road in Arrowhead. Chiefs have been playing better with Quinn at QB and for some reason always seem to get upset wins a the end of the season.

6. Pitt (7-6) and Cincy (7-6) - they still play eachother one time so that by itself probably knocks out one of these teams. I think Cincy is odd man out they have tough schedule with @ Philly, @ Pitt, Ravens.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    So we want the Patriots to win tonight? We need Houston to play for something in their match ups against the Colts?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreekMooMan View Post
    The writer may very well be a moron and he may have actually been wrong, but not about what you said. He clearly says the the Bengals would need to beat Pitts (in his scenario) and then clearly says the Bengals would beat Pitts in the head to head tie breaker. I am not sure if he is correct about the last part, but in his scenario Pitt would not sweep the Bengals this season.
    Current article is edited from first article posted....