Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: laron landry

laron landry

we need to lock him up hes a gamer week after week he comes to play.

All Pro
    Agreed complete beast out there

Wink

guy brings it every week. plays with such a passion. what a leader and the veteran presence this team needs.

....we will probably sign Eric Smith longterm instead of LaRon

Jets Insider VIP
    Agreed

The only enforcer that we have on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Agreed

The only enforcer that we have on defense.
    Kyle Wilson? No?? lol

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by LotteryPick6 View Post
    Kyle Wilson? No?? lol
    LOL

Hopefully Aaron Berry gets healthy and keeps his nose clean so we can move away from that jackass.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

Hopefully Aaron Berry gets healthy and keeps his nose clean so we can move away from that jackass.
    I think wilson is starting to be adequate. Underwhelming for the 29th overall pick but this year he's finally stepping up to average.

Cool

Yes and he has been injury free--a miracle.

Veteran
    My favorite off-season acquisition.

Yeah I like him too, should be resigned

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by LIJetsFan View Post
    I think wilson is starting to be adequate. Underwhelming for the 29th overall pick but this year he's finally stepping up to average.
    How is he average? He continually gets burned by receivers, gives too much cushion and still can't locate the football.

I suppose you think Sanchez is adequate, too?

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    How is he average? He continually gets burned by receivers, gives too much cushion and still can't locate the football.

I suppose you think Sanchez is adequate, too?
    http://thejetsblog.com/nyjets/bga-ca...special-teams/

This vs the Cards: (and I think he had much the same sort of game vs the Jags)

"The other two corners, Kyle Wilson and Ellis Lankster, continue to hold their own in coverage. Wilson has been targeted 21 times since those two completions early in the Seahawks game and has given up 11 catches for less than four yards per target. He did have a penalty early on in this one and was beaten twice in the second half – once for a first down and once on an incompletion – but his open field tackling was excellent as he made four good tackles, one of which went for no gain and two of which forced the Cardinals to punt. Lankster didn’t put a foot wrong, breaking up one pass and getting into good position on two others. He also had two good open field tackles."

I like the fact that Wilson has become a pretty good and sure tackler...also in todays game it appeared that they were using him to cover the slot guy more often and left him off the outside

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Hall Of Fame
    Need to sign him. He has been a great addition. Would like to find a "true FS" to complement him. One that can cover well.

All Pro
    My favorite jet we need to resign that beast!

Practice Squad
    knock on landry was never talent. it is injuries.

with our cap situation you would hate to sign him to guaranteed money and have murphy's law go into effect.

that being said he is one of my favorite Jets to watch this year and has played well enough to earn the multiyear deal i think he is going to want.

AND this is only his first year in this defense! I always assumed safety had the highest learning curve for a new player. Worth noting.

Jets Insider VIP
    http://thejetsblog.com/nyjets/bga-ca...special-teams/

This vs the Cards: (and I think he had much the same sort of game vs the Jags)

"The other two corners, Kyle Wilson and Ellis Lankster, continue to hold their own in coverage. Wilson has been targeted 21 times since those two completions early in the Seahawks game and has given up 11 catches for less than four yards per target. He did have a penalty early on in this one and was beaten twice in the second half – once for a first down and once on an incompletion – but his open field tackling was excellent as he made four good tackles, one of which went for no gain and two of which forced the Cardinals to punt. Lankster didn’t put a foot wrong, breaking up one pass and getting into good position on two others. He also had two good open field tackles."
    Wilson was TOASTED on several occasions against the Cardinals. Michael ****ing Floyd had his way with him.

Wilson may make a good dime back, but he's far from being average or a solid nickel. He's a massive bust as far as first-rounders go.

He's one of the few consistent players we have