Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 42

Thread: laron landry

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    Post Thanks / Like

    laron landry

    we need to lock him up hes a gamer week after week he comes to play.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    11,169
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    brooklyn,NY
    Posts
    5,505
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed complete beast out there

  4. #4
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    486
    Post Thanks / Like

    Wink

    guy brings it every week. plays with such a passion. what a leader and the veteran presence this team needs.


    ....we will probably sign Eric Smith longterm instead of LaRon

  5. #5
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,510
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed

    The only enforcer that we have on defense.

  6. #6
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    486
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Agreed

    The only enforcer that we have on defense.
    Kyle Wilson? No?? lol

  7. #7
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,510
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LotteryPick6 View Post
    Kyle Wilson? No?? lol
    LOL

    Hopefully Aaron Berry gets healthy and keeps his nose clean so we can move away from that jackass.

  8. #8
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Long Island NY
    Posts
    600
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

    Hopefully Aaron Berry gets healthy and keeps his nose clean so we can move away from that jackass.
    I think wilson is starting to be adequate. Underwhelming for the 29th overall pick but this year he's finally stepping up to average.

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    5,040
    Post Thanks / Like

    Cool

    Yes and he has been injury free--a miracle.

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Atkins, Arkansas
    Posts
    2,263
    Post Thanks / Like
    My favorite off-season acquisition.

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,331
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I like him too, should be resigned

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    17,964
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LIJetsFan View Post
    I think wilson is starting to be adequate. Underwhelming for the 29th overall pick but this year he's finally stepping up to average.
    How is he average? He continually gets burned by receivers, gives too much cushion and still can't locate the football.

    I suppose you think Sanchez is adequate, too?

  13. #13
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Bailey, CO
    Posts
    321
    Post Thanks / Like

  14. #14
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Long Island NY
    Posts
    600
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    How is he average? He continually gets burned by receivers, gives too much cushion and still can't locate the football.

    I suppose you think Sanchez is adequate, too?
    http://thejetsblog.com/nyjets/bga-ca...special-teams/

    This vs the Cards: (and I think he had much the same sort of game vs the Jags)



    "The other two corners, Kyle Wilson and Ellis Lankster, continue to hold their own in coverage. Wilson has been targeted 21 times since those two completions early in the Seahawks game and has given up 11 catches for less than four yards per target. He did have a penalty early on in this one and was beaten twice in the second half – once for a first down and once on an incompletion – but his open field tackling was excellent as he made four good tackles, one of which went for no gain and two of which forced the Cardinals to punt. Lankster didn’t put a foot wrong, breaking up one pass and getting into good position on two others. He also had two good open field tackles."

  15. #15
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,756
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LIJetsFan View Post
    I think wilson is starting to be adequate. Underwhelming for the 29th overall pick but this year he's finally stepping up to average.
    I like the fact that Wilson has become a pretty good and sure tackler...also in todays game it appeared that they were using him to cover the slot guy more often and left him off the outside

    Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,538
    Post Thanks / Like
    Need to sign him. He has been a great addition. Would like to find a "true FS" to complement him. One that can cover well.

  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Fr:NYC to Mid Ga.
    Posts
    8,838
    Post Thanks / Like
    My favorite jet we need to resign that beast!

  18. #18
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    307
    Post Thanks / Like
    knock on landry was never talent. it is injuries.

    with our cap situation you would hate to sign him to guaranteed money and have murphy's law go into effect.

    that being said he is one of my favorite Jets to watch this year and has played well enough to earn the multiyear deal i think he is going to want.

    AND this is only his first year in this defense! I always assumed safety had the highest learning curve for a new player. Worth noting.

  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    17,964
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LIJetsFan View Post
    http://thejetsblog.com/nyjets/bga-ca...special-teams/

    This vs the Cards: (and I think he had much the same sort of game vs the Jags)



    "The other two corners, Kyle Wilson and Ellis Lankster, continue to hold their own in coverage. Wilson has been targeted 21 times since those two completions early in the Seahawks game and has given up 11 catches for less than four yards per target. He did have a penalty early on in this one and was beaten twice in the second half – once for a first down and once on an incompletion – but his open field tackling was excellent as he made four good tackles, one of which went for no gain and two of which forced the Cardinals to punt. Lankster didn’t put a foot wrong, breaking up one pass and getting into good position on two others. He also had two good open field tackles."
    Wilson was TOASTED on several occasions against the Cardinals. Michael ****ing Floyd had his way with him.

    Wilson may make a good dime back, but he's far from being average or a solid nickel. He's a massive bust as far as first-rounders go.

  20. #20
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    76
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's one of the few consistent players we have

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us