Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Thread: Bryan Thomas Done For The Season?

  1. #1
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,808
    Post Thanks / Like

    Bryan Thomas Done For The Season?

    @MMehtaNYDN: OLB Bryan Thomas, longest tenured Jets player, suffered what appears to be a serious pectoral injury, per source. Further tests coming #nyj

    @Steiny31: Just heard the #Jets lost a key player on defense due to injury...

    @Steiny31: #Jets fans, get used to the name @Sapp55

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    17,956
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh well. Sucks for BT, probably his last play in a Jets uni.

    Also getting sick of Steinberg. Been telling us to get used to Sapp's name for weeks. Meanwhile, the guy's done nothing and was even deactivated today.

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Somerville, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    1,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    I actually unfollowed steiny. He's so annoying like he's friends with all these players.

  4. #4
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    30,770
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good riddance. This organization spent far too much time trying to develop this JAG

  5. #5
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,736
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Good riddance. This organization spent far too much time trying to develop this JAG
    One of the most transparent players on the team. Never gets his name called (good or bad).

    Holds the fort.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    5,166
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Good riddance. This organization spent far too much time trying to develop this JAG
    Terrible evaluation of Thomas

    He has been a good pro for many years.

    Anyway, at this point in his career he is far from irreplacable, however if you watch a replay of Jacks TD run, mcintyre was supposed to set the edge on that play and got absolutely steamrolled which directly led to that seam being created.

    I would think mcintyre should be able to step into that spot, but who knows. This should mean that sapp will be active going forward

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,331
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thomas is a good pro, he can make some plays here and there and is stout vs the run. it's too bad about the injury.

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    brooklyn,NY
    Posts
    5,498
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would be lying if I told you I noticed him at all this season. Same can be said for Pace..

    Not saying he isn't doing his job .. Just don't notice him on the field especially when it comes to making plays.

  9. #9
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    30,770
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Terrible evaluation of Thomas

    He has been a good pro for many years.
    Terrible?

    He has been average at best for someone we took in the first round.
    I won't be sad to see him go. Total underachiver who only had a decent season in his contract year.

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    St. Peter-Ording (Germany)
    Posts
    5,530
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Terrible evaluation of Thomas

    He has been a good pro for many years.

    Anyway, at this point in his career he is far from irreplacable, however if you watch a replay of Jacks TD run, mcintyre was supposed to set the edge on that play and got absolutely steamrolled which directly led to that seam being created.

    I would think mcintyre should be able to step into that spot, but who knows. This should mean that sapp will be active going forward
    If I remember correctly we lined up two down lineman inside, Coples on the left and McIntyre on the right as is was 2nd and 17 and we expected them to pass. It was a great call and they caught us in the wrong personnel as the guard and center just doubleteamed and steamrolled McIntyre. It wasnt really his fault. The tackling downfield was atrocious again though and we all know who was in the middle of it... ERIC SMITH...

    Just checked, Coples was the only down lineman over the right guard and McIntyre was standing up with no help outside.
    Last edited by Flaming Mo; 12-10-2012 at 08:24 AM.

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    8,385
    Post Thanks / Like
    I barely even noticed Thomas this season, but he is a solid run stopper. Garrett McIntrye will get the playing time the rest of the way, not Ricky Sapp.

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    5,376
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    If I remember correctly we lined up two down lineman inside, Coples on the left and McIntyre on the right as is was 2nd and 17 and we expected them to pass. It was a great call and they caught us in the wrong personnel as the guard and center just doubleteamed and steamrolled McIntyre. It wasnt really his fault. The tackling downfield was atrocious again though and we all know who was in the middle of it... ERIC SMITH...
    Smith looked like he sealed off the pursuit by falling in front of two of his own players, taking them both out in the process.


  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    5,166
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Terrible?

    He has been average at best for someone we took in the first round.
    I won't be sad to see him go. Total underachiver who only had a decent season in his contract year.
    Average players dont last in the league for 11 years and start each season for multiple coaches in multiple schemes.

    Yes thomas was a high pick, but not every 1st round pick turns into bruce smith. He never had the sack numbers, but he did his job on the defense very well and did it for a long time.

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    5,376
    Post Thanks / Like
    BT was our leader in sacks this season. I know that's not saying much, but he was still the best player we had at that position.

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    sucks for bt longest tenured jet. mcintyre steps in and we sign a journeyman lb who can hopefully contribute on special teams for the playoff run.

    this team is going to win out!

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,458
    Post Thanks / Like
    BT is so underrated by the fans it is mind-bottling. He has been a great Jet. Anytime you take a guy in the first round and he is on the team for 11 years that is OK in my book.

    If he is done, I wish him the best.

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,683
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @MMehtaNYDN: OLB Bryan Thomas, longest tenured Jets player, suffered what appears to be a serious pectoral injury, per source. Further tests coming #nyj

    @Steiny31: Just heard the #Jets lost a key player on defense due to injury...

    @Steiny31: #Jets fans, get used to the name @Sapp55
    I did not know that. I like BT and wish him well. He was a very good JET! Thanks for letting us know C mart.

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    BT is so underrated by the fans it is mind-bottling. He has been a great Jet. Anytime you take a guy in the first round and he is on the team for 11 years that is OK in my book.

    If he is done, I wish him the best.
    sojfs critical of bt but give others a pass, go figure.

  19. #19
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    555
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've noticed Bryan Thomes quite a bit this season. If he was younger and healthier you can bet he wouldn't come off the field when the defense is out there. I wouldn't bet against him making the team as a backup next season.

  20. #20
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,808
    Post Thanks / Like
    @BrianCoz: Jets LB Bryan Thomas having an MRI exam today on injured pectoral, according to source #NYJ

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us