Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bryan Thomas Done For The Season?

Bryan Thomas Done For The Season?

@MMehtaNYDN: OLB Bryan Thomas, longest tenured Jets player, suffered what appears to be a serious pectoral injury, per source. Further tests coming #nyj

@Steiny31: Just heard the #Jets lost a key player on defense due to injury...

@Steiny31: #Jets fans, get used to the name @Sapp55

Jets Insider VIP
    Oh well. Sucks for BT, probably his last play in a Jets uni.

Also getting sick of Steinberg. Been telling us to get used to Sapp's name for weeks. Meanwhile, the guy's done nothing and was even deactivated today.

Veteran
    I actually unfollowed steiny. He's so annoying like he's friends with all these players.

Jets Insider VIP
    Good riddance. This organization spent far too much time trying to develop this JAG

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Good riddance. This organization spent far too much time trying to develop this JAG
    One of the most transparent players on the team. Never gets his name called (good or bad).

Holds the fort.

Terrible evaluation of Thomas

He has been a good pro for many years.

Anyway, at this point in his career he is far from irreplacable, however if you watch a replay of Jacks TD run, mcintyre was supposed to set the edge on that play and got absolutely steamrolled which directly led to that seam being created.

I would think mcintyre should be able to step into that spot, but who knows. This should mean that sapp will be active going forward

Thomas is a good pro, he can make some plays here and there and is stout vs the run. it's too bad about the injury.

All Pro
    I would be lying if I told you I noticed him at all this season. Same can be said for Pace..

Not saying he isn't doing his job .. Just don't notice him on the field especially when it comes to making plays.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post

Terrible?

He has been average at best for someone we took in the first round.
    I won't be sad to see him go. Total underachiver who only had a decent season in his contract year.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post

Anyway, at this point in his career he is far from irreplacable, however if you watch a replay of Jacks TD run, mcintyre was supposed to set the edge on that play and got absolutely steamrolled which directly led to that seam being created.

I would think mcintyre should be able to step into that spot, but who knows. This should mean that sapp will be active going forward
    If I remember correctly we lined up two down lineman inside, Coples on the left and McIntyre on the right as is was 2nd and 17 and we expected them to pass. It was a great call and they caught us in the wrong personnel as the guard and center just doubleteamed and steamrolled McIntyre. It wasnt really his fault. The tackling downfield was atrocious again though and we all know who was in the middle of it... ERIC SMITH...

Just checked, Coples was the only down lineman over the right guard and McIntyre was standing up with no help outside.
    Last edited by Flaming Mo; 12-10-2012 at 08:24 AM.

I barely even noticed Thomas this season, but he is a solid run stopper. Garrett McIntrye will get the playing time the rest of the way, not Ricky Sapp.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    If I remember correctly we lined up two down lineman inside, Coples on the left and McIntyre on the right as is was 2nd and 17 and we expected them to pass. It was a great call and they caught us in the wrong personnel as the guard and center just doubleteamed and steamrolled McIntyre. It wasnt really his fault. The tackling downfield was atrocious again though and we all know who was in the middle of it... ERIC SMITH...
    Smith looked like he sealed off the pursuit by falling in front of two of his own players, taking them both out in the process.

Terrible?

He has been average at best for someone we took in the first round.
    I won't be sad to see him go. Total underachiver who only had a decent season in his contract year.
    Average players dont last in the league for 11 years and start each season for multiple coaches in multiple schemes.

Yes thomas was a high pick, but not every 1st round pick turns into bruce smith. He never had the sack numbers, but he did his job on the defense very well and did it for a long time.

All Pro
    BT was our leader in sacks this season. I know that's not saying much, but he was still the best player we had at that position.

sucks for bt longest tenured jet. mcintyre steps in and we sign a journeyman lb who can hopefully contribute on special teams for the playoff run.

this team is going to win out!

Hall Of Fame
    BT is so underrated by the fans it is mind-bottling. He has been a great Jet. Anytime you take a guy in the first round and he is on the team for 11 years that is OK in my book.

If he is done, I wish him the best.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @MMehtaNYDN: OLB Bryan Thomas, longest tenured Jets player, suffered what appears to be a serious pectoral injury, per source. Further tests coming #nyj

@Steiny31: Just heard the #Jets lost a key player on defense due to injury...

@Steiny31: #Jets fans, get used to the name @Sapp55
    I did not know that. I like BT and wish him well. He was a very good JET! Thanks for letting us know C mart.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    BT is so underrated by the fans it is mind-bottling. He has been a great Jet. Anytime you take a guy in the first round and he is on the team for 11 years that is OK in my book.

If he is done, I wish him the best.
    sojfs critical of bt but give others a pass, go figure.

I've noticed Bryan Thomes quite a bit this season. If he was younger and healthier you can bet he wouldn't come off the field when the defense is out there. I wouldn't bet against him making the team as a backup next season.

@BrianCoz: Jets LB Bryan Thomas having an MRI exam today on injured pectoral, according to source #NYJ