Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Available Wide Receives

BE's back in town!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    I agree with this.

Kelrey has proved his worth and Schillens has been alright as of late too.

I don't know anything at all about Gilyard - other then I have heard his name once or twice before...but Jordan White is the wild card here in my opinion.

I would like to see White get alot of reps and see if his college production can actually translate to the NFL.....

All that being said I would like to see McElroy start next week, I am just sick and tired of watching Suckhez's ineptness and lack of pocket presence, it doesn't seem like this kid can go one game without throwing a pick or fumbling the ball and giving it away to the other team.
    Gilyard was a good player with Cincinnati, give him a shot. Got nothing else anyway.

I saw someone mention Greg Camarillo and I like that. He played with the Saints until October (cut when Vilma was reinstated). Reasons why he was with the Saints? Because Drew Brees, one of the top QBs in the game, likes WRs who can run precise routes and have great hands. Camarillo has both.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I have been calling for the Jets to develop their screen game all season. Powell and McKnight could be very effective in that role. I am just amazed that Sparano has not tried to use this. A good screen game also slows down a pass rush and may give the opportunity to take a few shots down field.
    Couldn't agree more, I thought we had some things up our sleeve when we got Tebow, but I couldn't be more wrong. Sparano makes Schotty and Hackett seem like Don Coryell.

Quote Originally Posted by Long Suffering Jets Fan View Post
    Couldn't agree more, I thought we had some things up our sleeve when we got Tebow, but I couldn't be more wrong. Sparano makes Schotty and Hackett seem like Don Coryell.
    Truth is, sanchez is atrocious at throwing regular screen passes, whether his height if a factor (which i find hard to believe), or its just the same "game feel" issues that lead to his fumbling on sacks, he just has no touch on screen passes, and has thrown far too many INTs to Defensive lineman.

But bubble screens, misdirections to the TE over the middle, and shovel pass-type plays would at minimum keep the defense thinking. Plus if mcknight is in the slot, he is fast and tall enough to get downfield if we do a longer ball fake and try to get him to beat a safety.

Sparano is just overmatched in this capacity