Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 54

Thread: Jets-Cards trade scenario

  1. #21
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Madison, NJ
    Posts
    2,192
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Why would a team with a decent Defense (and defensive backfield) and no offense of any kind trade to aquire Revis, and give away their only offensive weapon?



    Madden 2013 Trade Ideas ftl?
    Decent defense? We ran for 200 yards and our 3rd string QB who dressed his first time in his career after almost two years as a professional, threw his first NFL touchdown on his first drive? Their defense sounds decent to me, too.

    BTW Where on Madden do they have a "player holdout" or "Cap hit" option?

    You're a douche?

  2. #22
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,515
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedGreen314 View Post
    I'll take it a step further, send them Sanchez and Harris, and try to get Peterson in the deal. Fitzpatrick would make McElroy's life a lot easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedGreen314 View Post
    Decent defense? We ran for 200 yards and our 3rd string QB who dressed his first time in his career after almost two years as a professional, threw his first NFL touchdown on his first drive? Their defense sounds decent to me, too.

    BTW Where on Madden do they have a "player holdout" or "Cap hit" option?

    You're a douche?
    Maybe you should re-think YOUR trade scenario before you call people names and accuse them of not taking into account the "cap hit". Your trade has roughly 25 million dollars in dead cap space. Nice job.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedGreen314 View Post
    You're a douche?
    A "Revis for Fitz" trade is pure, utter, Madden-esque fantasy.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Trade Darrelle Revis???

    NOPE



    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Jets continue to flounder next year and Revis walks, for both money and a better chance of a ring, is it still a NOPE, or you wishing really hard makes the real possibility of him leaving disappear?

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    A "Revis for Fitz" trade is pure, utter, Madden-esque fantasy.
    Agreed, it has no possibility of happening, just a theoretical exercise to pass the time.

  6. #26
    Why would one of the NFL's best secondaries need to trade their best player to make their pass defense #1 up from #3

    Arizona needs a Quarterback.

  7. #27
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    2,749
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Why would one of the NFL's best secondaries need to trade their best player to make their pass defense #1 up from #3

    Arizona needs a Quarterback.
    so lets send them sanchez, tebow, and a 1st, they'll send us fitz and peterson

    then trade revis for rodgers


    superbowl

  8. #28
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    brooklyn,NY
    Posts
    5,662
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Jets continue to flounder next year and Revis walks, for both money and a better chance of a ring, is it still a NOPE, or you wishing really hard makes the real possibility of him leaving disappear?
    Revis is not walking anywhere.. Jets want him here for life and he wants to be here for life. Dude just came out with his own signature shoe you think he gets those kinda endorsements anywhere else BUT the NY Market.,

  9. #29
    Fitz to the Patriots for Ryan Mallett and the Pats 2013 #1.

  10. #30
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Madison, NJ
    Posts
    2,192
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Maybe you should re-think YOUR trade scenario before you call people names and accuse them of not taking into account the "cap hit". Your trade has roughly 25 million dollars in dead cap space. Nice job.
    I know my Sanchez/Harris trade does. But Revis for Fitzgerald, the original idea, would clear a lot of money off our books.

    I do not see why this is Madden-esque by any standards. Arizona and Jacksonville are two teams that are actually worse than we are, which is amazing.
    Last edited by BleedGreen314; 12-10-2012 at 01:21 PM.

  11. #31
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,749
    Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet View Post
    No-way REVIS stays: they Can have Tebow & Holmes & a 2014 - 3rd rd. draft pick for Fitz.
    Id rather SUCKCHEZ straight up. The Cards would never do that I am sure. I can not balme them.

  12. #32
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,515
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedGreen314 View Post
    I know my Sanchez/Harris trade does. But Revis for Fitzpatrick, the original idea, would clear a lot of money off our books.

    I do not see why this is Madden-esque by any standards. Arizona and Jacksonville are two teams that are actually worse than we are, which is amazing.
    How does is clear "a lot of money"? Fitz is under contract through 2018 at roughly 13-15 million per season. Revis for Fitz does not free up money.

  13. #33
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,749
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJet80 View Post
    so lets send them sanchez, tebow, and a 1st, they'll send us fitz and peterson

    then trade revis for rodgers


    superbowl
    who would want SUCKCHEZ? We'd be lucky if we got a used jock strap for him after this miserable year!
    Last edited by Kentucky Jet; 12-10-2012 at 01:28 PM.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedGreen314 View Post
    I do not see why this is Madden-esque by any standards.
    1. Because you're giving Arizona a player they do not need for a player that is about the only talent they have on O. I.e. Arizona will not sell their biggest asset for something of tertiary need, when huge primary needs exist.

    2. Because you're giving the Jets a player we cannot utilize and giving away our best player on the roster on the side of the ball the Head Coach prefers/prioritizes.

    3. Because that kind of blockbuster, best CB in NFL for One of Best WR in NFL simply don't happen.

    4. Again, the Cards have a solid D-Backfield as it is, and no talent on O. Giving away Fitz makes them much worse, gaining Revis makes them only moderately better in an already strong unit (it's their run D that sucks goat balls).

    5. As others have mentioned, my understanding of teh cap agrees with them, it's effectively cap-impossible.

    If it makes you happy to dream, dream. But this is not a plausable trade scenario (which, of course, means it will be announced as happening tomorrow, lol).
    Last edited by Warfish; 12-10-2012 at 01:30 PM.

  15. #35
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Chattanooga, Tn via Atkins, Arkansas
    Posts
    2,294
    No way... and Fitz is my favorite wr in the league. We won't get a Fitz or Megatron until we draft one. What were Arizona and Detroit's rcords the year before that sign these beasts?

  16. #36
    Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    10,201
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Id rather SUCKCHEZ straight up. The Cards would never do that I am sure. I can not balme them.
    I would like to see what Sanchez would do with 1 outstanding reciever and a coulple of mid- range guys as opposed to just a few bottom of the run guys ,just to see if Mark could start to give us something for our money.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    Revis is not walking anywhere.. Jets want him here for life and he wants to be here for life. Dude just came out with his own signature shoe you think he gets those kinda endorsements anywhere else BUT the NY Market.,
    If he wants to be here for life, why did he hold out and then just sign a void out after two years? A shoe deal, are you kidding, he will get a shoe deal anywhere,

  18. #38
    Where as I am not one to say we are in cap hell this would pretty much put us there. Unless they'd also take Marks and Holmes in that deal as well we can't afford Fitz. Your not only talking taking on the hit for Revis but anther 15mil in salary. Your talking about 27 mil in money to add one guy.

  19. #39

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Trade Darrelle Revis???

    NOPE



    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    +1000!! Thank you for being the voice of reason. You don't trade a HOF caliber player that shuts down half the field, thus making things easier for both sides of the ball. And for anyone thinking Revis can't come back healthy, please take a look at Adrian Petersen. Only 400 yards away from a 2K season less than a year after suffering the same injury and is a legit MVP candidate.

    Jets will resign Revis and ignore the whines and misguided pleas of passionate but impatient fans.

  20. #40
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,515
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyStylez View Post
    +1000!! Thank you for being the voice of reason. You don't trade a HOF caliber player that shuts down half the field, thus making things easier for both sides of the ball. And for anyone thinking Revis can't come back healthy, please take a look at Adrian Petersen. Only 400 yards away from a 2K season less than a year after suffering the same injury and is a legit MVP candidate.

    Jets will resign Revis and ignore the whines and misguided pleas of passionate but impatient fans.
    Revis does not take away half the field. He takes one receiver out of the play. True, that is a big impact, but it is not taking away half the field. What hurts Revis' value is that the Jets defense did not suffer a great deal. All in all, if the Jets do re-sign Revis, this injury could be a blessing in disguise.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us